main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST All Officially Confirmed INFO HERE (see last page)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Recently, one year has been the trend for big blockbuster films such as The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, and The Hobbit (part 1). It should definitely be plausible for Episode VII because they will be well into filming next summer when the trailer will most likely be released.

2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    The Dark Knight Rises, Thor The Dark World, and The Hobbit all had full trailer releases about a year before release!

It seems for the big movies, where there's a lot of anticipation, they are releasing trailers before the film is even finished shooting...

3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Looks like you beat me to it by a few seconds!!

TheTwinSuns likes this.
  4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Which often results in notable trailer scenes never making the final cut, heh.

CaptainRegor and TheTwinSuns like this.
  5. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Sadly...

6. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    The question is why not? If it would increase revenue for the movie that actually showing. Why not? Some fans will actually buy tickets to a movie just cause the Star Wars Trailer is place before it. I saw it happen when the 3 Musketeers came out. People saw the trailer and split even before the movies started. It might not even have anything new on it! Just something along the line of:

FRAGWAGON and CaptainMorgan2013 like this.
  7. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I dunno why I would wish to pay a movie ticket to see a trailer that will be online pretty much instantly, in all of it's 1080p HD glory.

8. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    I agree, But I saw it happen with my own two eyes. If You are going to pay $$$ for a 3D movie, Which aren't cheap, at least stay and watch the movie. :oops:

9. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
    I just wish there would at least be solid confirmation of Hamill, Fisher, and Ford being in the new movies. A few days ago Carrie Fisher said that her attachment to the new films was "just a rumor". After all the websites for the past 6 months saying she and Hamill and Ford were confirmed to return.

10. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    I have a hunch we will get some thing in Nov/Dec. You know closer to the start of production,but I'm just basing that off JJ Abrams who's known to say nothing untill it's time to start rolling camera.

11. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    I agree, will probably be around the Holiday season when something concrete comes out.

12. CaptainMorgan2013

CaptainMorgan2013 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    So I wake up this morning and as I sit here drinking my first cup of coffee, I check out the StarWars.com website for any news.

Usually, if there is news, somebody else here posts it before I am awake, but this time, I got the scoop!

After reading the article, I am sure that this project is why EpVII is being delayed.

13. CaptainMorgan2013

CaptainMorgan2013 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    FRAGWAGON likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  15. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Am I the only one bummed that we hear more about Avengers 2 casting. Then we do for Star Wars Episode VII? I mean they are both susposed to come out in the Summer of 2015.

Immortiss and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well Avengers has half its cast already plus....Marvel is more open about things

17. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I know there's not much news, but this thread seems like it's just another place for discussing possible info.... Isn't it supposed to be for confirmed announcements and official info?

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  18. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Then it would be a quite dead thread for a year or so :p

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Togruta is really correct, though... this thread is really meant to be a centralized place for news about officially confirmed info and announcements. Then separate threads for those items will be set up as needed. For speculative discussion about possible info and announcements, the thread linked below is better:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/announcements-discussion.50014169/page-51

Trebor Sabreon and Togruta like this.
  20. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Actually there was just an announcement that JJ will film Episode VII in 35 MM, there's also another Report that the release has been pushed back to Mid December 2015. I wouldn't be surprised if that get moved back again to May of 2016.

http://www.inquisitr.com/915763/star-wars-episode-vii-release-date-moved-to-mid-december-2015/

:_|

21. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Sorry, the release date has already debunked by Variety.

EDIT: the 35MM part is true though.

JainaSoloYJK and Immortiss like this.
  22. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Yes, the December released part was debunked. The film part is accurate though. Just wanted to make that clear for no one gets confused by your post.

Immortiss likes this.
  23. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Thanks for posting, I didn't know that and I'm glad. But lets be realistic, Do we really think they can start shooting in 2014 and have post production finished by May of 2015 when every other film took 3 years to complete. I don't think so!

24. Pasjo_Kynrid

Pasjo_Kynrid Jedi Master star 2

Jan 21, 2004
    I, for one, not just because it's an earlier date, hope that it comes out in summer 2015. I'm scheduled to deploy again in November 2015. Missing it just to be on a big ol' grey aircraft carrier would suckkkkkkk.

25. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    JJ is bringing Star Wars Back in Time! He's shooting the movie on 35mm FILM! Not using Digital Cameras!

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/j-j-abrams-hires-star-trek-cinematographer-shoot-235647006.html

Mindel will shoot on 35mm film, and more specifically (since "Star Wars" fans are sticklers for details), on Kodak film stock 5219. The two most recent "Star Wars" prequels were shot on digital, which was still a fledgling technology when George Lucas chose to use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.