main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY 2013 Light The Night!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoxDeamonicus, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Hi there... Appo wanted me to post this up so here goes.

Banner teaser.

[​IMG]

2. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    MUHAAAAA!!!!!!

We shall let the force loose Chewie with this banner:)

Thanks Baby for the help;)

3. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    Left the "on" out the first time now it makes a little more sense.

4. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Tomorrow!!!! time to suit up and troop for a cause! Also, disregard the yard sale. Since it is short notice, I can fully understand that no one is available to help me with it. We'll try it next year. :)

5. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Juat want to say thank you to Mika, Zannah, and Bane for helping out yesterday. Seems like people weren't willing to donate this year, but we made some money. I'll know the total friday when I go to the bank. Again, thank you guys for your support.

6. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks again for taking lead on this worthy project Vox.
    It will be interesting to see what donations end up being. We weren't out there very long because of the heat and traffic seemed a little light but one of my first donations was a $10 bill and one of the last was a $20 so I'm hoping the total is respectable at least.

[​IMG]

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  7. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    Well whatever we made it was more than when we started. That's got to count for something=D=. Anyway whatever is collected helps the little ones. Great pic Mika I still need to send the banner do you have a address were you sent the card? Thanks

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    It was hidden in the Ep VII speculation thread...

"Unfortunately Peter Mayhew is no longer able to attend this years Cincinnati Comic Expo. His long awaited double knee replacement has been scheduled for the week before our show. Please join us in wishing Mr. Mayhew a speedy recovery, May The Force Be With You sir! ....If you would like to mail Peter a get well card please send them to Galactic Productions c/o Peter Mayhew PO Box 800705 Dallas, TX 75380 or come see him yourself up and walking around at our 2014 show! That right, Peter has already agreed to come to the 2014 show, so save that thought for next year."

I'm still waiting to get the print of that picture (should be arriving today) to send with the card.

9. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    Thanks again Mika we'll mail it out today.

10. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Hoo-Ah to us!!

And Vox, I don't think it was that people weren't willing to donate.. for only the three of you standing in the streets, the one bucket was full. Several 20's and I seen a 10 and a couple of 5's in there amidst loads of ones and change.

You must remember that only three streets had people standing in them. We were waaaaaaaaay down on people to help this year. Down by about five. We had loads of help last year... it is what it is and as Appo said, we have more now than when we started.

By the way, please send me the link for our teams donation button to my facebook page. I don't have it and not only do we want to donate but I want to pass that along.

Thanks bro.
    The Force Is With Us. [face_batting]

11. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    ^ that is true, however when speaking with the office, they mentioned that they Team In Training team that was there ahead of us, did not do that well either, and they had 6 people. the spot was down. But yeah, we could have done better with more people. Next year we are expanding into not just the roadblock, but a yard sale or two, and maybe cooking food at a grocery store. Other ideas welcome

12. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Don't forget to send me the link to our groups donation page bro. Appo and I still need to donate. :p

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Hey Zannah, I think that link you want is in the very first post of this thread.

14. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
  15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    So what are the plans for the walk on Saturday Sept 28?

16. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    ?? Mika, not sure what walk your talking about on the 28th ??

17. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    walking around the ballfield right?

18. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    ummm sure? I think..

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  20. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Yes, the walk is this saturday, the 28th. Event starts at 1700. dress in warm costumes. Not sure when the walk itself is. Also, we are in the 24th spot for Friend & family teams! next year we will be in the top 10. if we are not in the top ten next year, the whippings will begin.

21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Roger Roger. Looks like Mrs jedimika should be joining us if all goes well.

Zannah, if you and Chuck are Sithing it up bring some extra makeup so you can make my eyes look like Chucks/Bane

22. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    OH YEA! someone gonna get a whooping and we'll show Vox on U-tube after the beating:D

23. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Wait..Vox we still got some more days to raise money right? We can still make that top 10 mang.

24. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    LOL!! Thanks for the link and Mika??? .... you need make-up? Hmmmmmmmmmm.... now my minds rolling. LOL!! See you all then!

25. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Yes, you can donate to the team. In truth, you can donate to the team up until the end of december. At the start of the new year each year, the teams have to re-register before donations can be accepted again. So, yeah, you can still donate. Donate your little heart out. Beatings don't start until next year.