main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello! First time poster :-)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by brianmays, Aug 22, 2013.

1. brianmays

brianmays Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2012
    Howdy! Longtime reader of theforce.net, first time poster.

I've been into Star Wars almost my entire life. I was 3 when Ep IV was released. Of course I've seen all the movies hundreds of times. I grew up drawing Star Wars, and I can say it is directly responsible for my career as a graphic designer. I was an avid EU novel reader until about 1998 when I got out of college and into full-time work life as a graphic designer. I stuck with the comics more easily, with a few dry spells due to comic shops closing. My favorite movie is The Empire Strikes Back, which contains my favorite thing from any Star Wars movie - the AT-AT!

My family of 3 (wife, 3 year old son) was at Celebration VI, and we'll be going to Celebration 2015 as a family of 4 (wife, 6 year old son, 2 year old son). We had such a blast at CVI! The only thing missing for me was knowing people there...so here I am looking to get involved in the Star Wars community. Between Celebration VI and my 3 year old I found a renewed passion for Star Wars. I'm looking forward to getting to share a Star Wars movie in a theater with my oldest son in a couple of years, when he'll be about the age I was when I encountered them.

I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you!

2. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Welcome, brianmays! Glad to hear you're raising your kids right by instilling a love of SW:p

I also share your love for AT-ATs :)

Hope you enjoy the boards!

3. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Welcome! AT-Ats are freaking awesome! Hope you stay around!

StarWarsZombie likes this.
  4. JPhoenix

JPhoenix Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2013
    Hey welcome! Sounds like you have a Epic Star Wars family! I am from New York and will be at Celebration 2015 too! I am also on theforce boards but really enjoy the figure collector group on these forums. You can follow my twitter phoenix1914 May the Force Be With You!

5. brianmays

brianmays Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2012
    Lazy Storm Trooper - I inherited a huge load of LEGO bricks and minifigs (seriously, it filled the trunk of my car) and as I sort through them to see what I've got I told my 4 year old I think we have what we'll need to build a LEGO AT-AT. He's very excited :)

JPhoenix - thanks! I'd like to think we're an Epic Star Wars family! My wife has begun wearing Star Wars shirts everyday - and she didn't think she'd like Celebration. I'll hit you up on Twitter.

6. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the Forum, brianmays!

Great to have you here - please get stuck right in, there's so much happening out there, your social life will vanish in no time thanks to this place! And I agree about the AT-AT - an exceptional creation in the SW universe!

Just shout if we can help, but don't be afraid to get stuck right in! :D

Enjoy your time here and see you around the boards.

[​IMG]