main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The odyssey of the Kerebuy hawk, part 17 End of the odyssey (story complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, May 23, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Now that is one thing I never thought would be instructive: Hutt sitting [face_laugh] Great details you weave in here. =D=

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Hazel more is coming
    Not all Hutts should be bad and I like to show these nice Hutts
    Nightvision91 now the Hett part is coming

Part 2
    Humming a cheerful tune Tonia entered Chalmun’s cantina. She had completed the tasks given by her teacher Rodney with ease and had been able to help a leaving ex-patient with a new set of clothing from the large stockpile donated to the university. The man had told her that anything dark was alright and asked her if she could locate his utility belt left after his clothes had been discarded. She had assisted Rodney and Kyle during the surgery procedure to fit the man with a prosthetic right arm and had helped to care for him. Only this morning she heard from the nurses – Kyrin was one of them – helping to prep the patient for surgery that he was a human dressed as a Tusken and with intricate and beautiful tattoos on his face. Tonia had found the belt in a locker and thought that the man was a Jedi – one very successful in hiding from the empire – when she saw what was hanging from that belt. Two cylinders – one covered with leather and sporting two chains with beads and teeth – looked like lightsabers. Almost two years ago she had discarded Jesin’s lightsaber with all his belongings that could identify him as a Jedi.

Tonia walked to the counter and was about to order a glass of blue milk when she spotted the man sitting in one of the booths talking to a Devaronian, a well known bounty hunter. Soft footsteps indicated that more patrons were arriving and she turned to see Jesin and Halfir entering.

“Hey that is Asssha…”

Tonia saw Halfir placing a hand on Jesin’s mouth and guiding him back towards the entrance. She saw the man standing up. She mumbled softly under her breath “my friends are in a hurry” and hurried after the two and heard a soft spoken command in a strange language.

“Adash Jesin!”

“What’s wrong?” Tonia saw Jesin turning in the grip of Halfir.

“Hey Tonia,” Jesin whispered. “I had to put up my shields when I recognised a former friend. I will tell you more about my friend A’Shar...”

“You better not and let’s go away,” Halfir whispered and tugged at Jesin’s shoulder. “We can get in trouble. There is something dark about your friend.”

Tonia followed the two. Before rounding the corner she stopped for a moment and saw the former patient looking her way and turning away and again entering the cantina. She was sure he had recognised her.

tbc

AzureAngel2 and Nightvision91 like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oops! [face_worried] They've been spotted.

4. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    I'm going to guess there's going to be trouble ahead.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Uh-ho!! [face_nail_biting]

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Huttlet Moio had just turned fifty and had forever left the brood pouch of his father two weeks ago. He was the second child from Sluur and the Hutt liked him to be educated in the same way as his daughter Slura. The Huttlets were often seen slithering through the vast storerooms of their father with Jesin or Halfir pointing at the various goods. She had met Sluur and his children many times. Sluur had proven to be a nice and honest boss to work for. He had allowed his son to leave the brood pouch as often as he wanted. And seeing these three Hutts had changed her view of seeing Hutts only as crime-lords.

This story also helps me to change my point of view! :)

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    You will all see in the next and final part of this vignette, which will be followed soon by another adventure 'Lost?'

Part 3

“What was the darkness you sensed?” Jesin began immediately after entering their ‘hut’ at Gerrik Smith’s eopie stable.

Tonia nodded. She too wanted to know what had spooked Halfir.

“That user of the Force must have had a taste of the dark side…”

“I cannot believe that,” Jesin shook his head. “The man was A’Sharad Hett. He was a Jedi knight and a Tusken. I was five and he taught me all about the Tusken. During the wars he had for a short time Anakin Skywalker under his guidance. He came back without his Tusken mask. I liked his tattoos.”

“I liked them too and heard this morning that he had been dressed as a Tusken when he came to the first aid,” Tonia began. “He collapsed when the receptionist guided him to a treatment room. Kyrin and Brene – prepping him for surgery – had to cut away all his clothes. He had lost his right arm and was fitted with a prosthetic. Rodney told me that he had never seen a wound cauterized more perfectly when he was instructing me during the surgery.”

“A lightsaber does that,” Jesin remarked. “A’Sharad Hett must have been in a fight with a dark force.”

“No Jesin,” Halfir had a sad look on his face. “Your friend A’Sharad Hett was tainted by the dark.”

“You could sense all that?” Tonia was baffled and saw Jesin’s eyes turning sad.

“I am glad he didn’t follow us. I sensed the dark and Jesin I didn’t believe it too. I have heard only good tales about A’Sharad Hett and his father from the Es Hara Tusken.”

“But the reports about recent raids indicated that the Tusken were banding together under a strong and merciless leader and becoming more bold in their attacks on moisture farmers,” Tonia remarked. “A report on an attack near Anchorhead was the last. Could it have been that A’Sharad Hett became a leader of the Tusken? Did another unknown Jedi refugee or maybe Kenobi fight with him to stop the raids? Hett had an exposed face when he came to the hospital. Kyrin didn’t mention a mask among the discarded clothes. Tusken raiders are known to expel the member of their tribe who shows skin. And yes the vicious raids have stopped since … oh my … Rodney didn’t inform the police. But no. The man told Rodney that he had been in an accident with a welding tool and there was no reason to believe otherwise.”

“Be glad that he didn’t alert the police. A’Sharad Hett in trouble could have alerted the imps.” Halfir was awed by Tonia’s conclusions.

“He recognised me and returned to Chalmun’s,” Tonia stated. “He was not interested in you or you” and she nodded to the two Dunai elder. “I think he will leave Tatooine. He was with Sai’Balor one of the well known bounty hunters.”

“I am sure,” Halfir got a relaxed look on his face. “I have heard of Sai’Balor. He works for a rival of Jabba and is stationed on Nar Shaddaa.”

“And with A’Sharad Hett going with Sai’Balor I think we have seen the last of him here on Tatooine,” Jesin sighed. “The Tusken don’t want him anymore. His face is known and he has been disgraced. And now I wonder. Did he cause Anakin to turn and become Darth Vader?”

“Not likely,” Halfir mused. “From what you have told me about Anakin I am more inclined to believe that Anakin was under the influence of Palpatine from the first day they met. A young child can be corrupted with less trouble than a teenager who has had a few years of teaching from a master. He was different and was nine when he came under the tutelage of Obi-Wan.”

“Uh yes,” Jesin began to smile. “Anakin was a pain in the posterior for his master with all his escaping the temple adventures. And after Kamino he was even more seen going elsewhere.”

More discussion about A’Sharad Hett, Anakin and the Jedi followed and Tonia ended with “I hope Hett will remain on the Jedi path. We showed him kindness and gave him excellent treatment.”

FIN

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And with A’Sharad Hett going with Sai’Balor I think we have seen the last of him here on Tatooine,” Jesin sighed. “The Tusken don’t want him anymore. His face is known and he has been disgraced. And now I wonder. Did he cause Anakin to turn and become Darth Vader?”

“Not likely,” Halfir mused. “From what you have told me about Anakin I am more inclined to believe that Anakin was under the influence of Palpatine from the first day they met. A young child can be corrupted with less trouble than a teenager who has had a few years of teaching from a master. He was different and was nine when he came under the tutelage of Obi-Wan.”

“Uh yes,” Jesin began to smile. “Anakin was a pain in the posterior for his master with all his escaping the temple adventures. And after Kamino he was even more seen going elsewhere.”

More discussion about A’Sharad Hett, Anakin and the Jedi followed and Tonia ended with “I hope Hett will remain on the Jedi path. We showed him kindness and gave him excellent treatment.”

This is an excellent ending! I love that Hett in mentioned in this story.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a great ending! :)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nyota's Heart Hazel
    Thanks again for reading and here is the next part with some fun too

Lost?

Gerrik Smith’s eopie stable was crowded with doctors and nurses. They had been on a ride in the desert with Halfir and Jesin leading.

Eopies were being led back to the stable and fed.

“Lisa, you were great,” Tonia patted her ride on the broad shoulder when she urged her to settle down on her haunches. She remembered when Gerrik had bought the young eopie mare as a freshly weaned foal almost four years ago and had named her after the old eopie he had given away to Kenobi.

“She was and Starlight too,” Rodney poked his head over the wall. “But we have to hurry. It’s movie time this evening in the university auditorium. The professor doesn’t wait for us smelly riders. One hour and we have to be there.”

“Can I come too?”

“And I?”

“Sure Jesin, Halfir get moving and do something about the smell,” Tonia deposited the saddle on a stand.

Scrubbed clean Jesin was following a scrubbed clean Halfir into the university auditorium when he felt his teacher tensing suddenly.

“… Listed no more on the star charts. And stay tuned for our next program…”

“Why? Why is Darth Vader doing that?”

“What?” Jesin stood on his toes to see to peek over a broad shoulder to see what had halted Halfir. He saw the end credits of the Galactic Empire News on the holotube scrolling down accompanied by the imperial march tune and being followed by adds to join the glorious troops and that ended abruptly.

Irvin was busy with the holo-player. The begin tune of an older series of a doctor solving each case with his team of medics began to blare through the auditorium.

“Jesin sit down and I will explain what I saw.”

Jesin did and had no eyes and ears for the series but gazed expectantly towards his teacher.

“Darth Vader declared that our home planet Moniron is erased from the star charts. Erased only and that means it is still there but more difficult for us to find.”

“He must have had a reason to do that,” Jesin mused. “What was he doing there?”

“Hunting Jedi,” Grady Rydell turned in his chair. “A few days ago the GEN came with the news that the last Jedi-healer was exterminated on Moniron. Aaqu Maerhin was living on Rhova and burned alive when the stormtroopers torched his cabin.”

“I have heard about him but have never met him,” Jesin mused. “And torching a cabin… that Jedi could have escaped… Or…” A face lighted up. “Halfir, Rodney he sure must have escaped and that torching could have led to vicious dreams for Darth Vader. You have told me about the tales to frighten little kids on Moniron.”

“I did,” Halfir had a smile on his face. “Maybe Vader was dreaming about a whole planet full of screaming, hideous, tearing you to pieces winged darrin. And having no weapon to exterminate a whole planet he just decided to erase it from the star charts. But we will find Moniron.”

“We have a job to finish the education of two Huttlings and we are stuck here,” Jesin said. “We have to wait until the Kerebuy Hawk can fly again. And now I want to see what’s that all about” and he pointed to the holotube.

“You will see,” Grady grinned. “My namesake Doctor Grady Hut has a unique way to solve a case. And if you are interested in learning more I like to teach you.”

“I sure do,” Jesin replied.

“And listen very carefully to him,” Rodney patted Irvin – now sitting next to him – on the shoulder. “He likes his answers in two seconds.”

“Shh Rodney,” Irvin muttered. “Now I missed the first clue of Grady Hut.”

“I saw it,” Jesin grinned. “His blue eyes lighted up when he saw the ….”

“Shh Jesin,” Tonia whispered. “For me it’s the first time to see this episode.”

“Yes,” Jesin whispered back and remained silent during the evening. He loved the Hut adventures and was sure that two Huttlings would be interested too. They had a relative running a hospital in Mos Espa.

FIN

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was nice! :)

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Enjoyed sluething doctors reference. [face_laugh] The Huttlings are fun ;) not like I would have expected :p from the grownup versions

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Shh Jesin,” Tonia whispered. “For me it’s the first time to see this episode.”

“Yes,” Jesin whispered back and remained silent during the evening. He loved the Hut adventures and was sure that two Huttlings would be interested too. They had a relative running a hospital in Mos Espa.

FIN

What? FIN? Just like that? Och!

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    guess who? And these grown up Hutts are aiding the rebels (business is business for them and they can trade a lot of medical stuff and get rich of course)
    Just for this vignette and a new one is following

Luke?

“So this is Anchorhead.” Jesin steered the landspeeder he was piloting towards the opening in the massive wall.

“And there is our destination for a much needed part to repair our freighter.” In the passenger-seat was Halfir pointing to a shabby pourstone building.

Jesin had read all about the history of the settlement when he was still living in the Jeditemple. It had been a mining outpost with Czerka Corporation's mining operations going poorly, as the ore was substandard when Revan landed with his company in the city to search for a star map. His eyes roamed over the large plaza, the gate, the busy Jawas and the buildings made mostly out of the pourstone material. “Maybe Revan found HK-47 in that building.”

“Maybe Jesin but that was 3,943 years ago and buildings don’t last that long.”

“It is in the place described by Revan,” Jesin was amazed by the accuracy of Halfir who remembered that piece of history as well. He had told his teacher and the two Huttlings tales and one had been that of the great Revan and his adventures. For the two Huttlings they were just tales but Halfir had recognised them as real history. He steered towards the building and stopped abruptly when a bunch of kids came running round a corner. They were chasing a ball, pushed by running feet forward. One of them almost collided with the landspeeder but took a giant jump that left Jesin speechless towards a smiling Halfir and gazing at the blonde haired kid that landed with a certain grace and bounced away.

The ball rolled under the speeder and came to rest against the fuel-cell.

Immediately Jesin turned the speeder-engine down, hoping to save the toy.

“WOW Luke. Didn’t you see that dumbwit?”

“I did and...”

“Now you lost your birthday present. It’s there under dumbo’s speeder.”

“I will get it back.”

“You can?”

“Wait for them to go away. Maybe they are angry.”

“I will see.”

“Ah farmboy will see. I won’t. Come boys. I don’t want to get into trouble over a toy.”

A shrill whistle was heard.

“Oh my we have to hurry back. Teacher Bunjik is waiting for us.”

Jesin saw three boys – one taller and older – running back the way they had come and the blonde haired boy halting for a moment listening to that whistle but coming back to the speeder. He felt a certain power and raised his shield immediately when the boy halted at his side of the speeder. He began with a smile on his face “I am sorry…”

[​IMG]

“No harm done. I was playing with my friends. Can I get my ball back? It was a birthday present. I turned six you know.” The boy was very friendly and showing the joyful behaviour of an adventurous child.

“Sure you can,” Jesin slid from his place and crawled under the speeder, getting covered with sand. A little nudge and the ball came rolling towards the boy. “There you go.”

“Thank you mister. See you.”

Jesin crawled back and was dusting himself off when the boy rounded the corner and disappeared. Now he wasn’t speechless anymore. “That was Luke. That was the boy who was with master Kenobi six years ago.”

“He was and sure is leading a nice life with his friends,” Halfir said. “Get in and we don’t have all day you know. We have to get the wires and circuits and if possible a present for Tonia.”

“She is busy with her exams and tomorrow if all is going as planned she will be a doctor and receive her licence,” Jesin gunned the engine and steered towards the building.

There they were met by a Wookiee and Halfir was glad that he had learned the language from Jesin. The purchase went without trouble and the present for Tonia was found as well on the bustling market-place. A visit to the Weary Traveler – one of the two cantinas in the town – to get something to eat and drink was the last stop.

They were sitting at a table near one of the windows, empty plates before them.

Jesin had acquired quite a taste for the blue milk and was still savouring the last drops when a speeder passed the window at low speed. Luke – holding his ball – was in the passenger seat. He thought he had recognised the woman too but the speeder was gone before he could get a better look. “Luke is going home and we should too,” Jesin stood up.

Halfir put the credits on the table and followed. He was sure that he would meet Luke again.

FIN

AzureAngel2
    Hazel
    Nyota's Heart

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific! Loved how they crossed paths ;) Young Luke is always a treat to read about :)

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful and I loved the drawing. :)

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    A story with Luke in it is always a story that makes me smiley. His father Anakin/ Vader awakes more the dark side of me... [face_blush]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He is and Jesin and Halfir will see more of him and his friends.
    A short story and there will be more and drawings too.
    And you will see the dark side in the next story

Theed trouble

Part 1

Clinking and clanking and twittering and beeping was filling the backyard of Gerrik Smith’s eopie stable with noise.
    The noise came from the in- and outside of the YT-1300 freighter that was resting on its struts since it had been deposited there nine years ago by the crew of recovery vehicle of the first responder unit of the Mos Eisley university hospital.
    Mixed with the noise were voices. Some were Huttese curses.

Halfir Majeski and Jesin Fialka – both now fluent in Huttese – were busy. Helping Gerrik with the stable and ‘Hutt-sitting’ was still their major job but Sluur the Hutt asking about the repairs had gotten them a freight hauling job to Naboo when the freighter was ready.

The last parts to repair the freighter had arrived yesterday with Tonia Egvards when she came for a short vacation to Mos Eisley. She had her new home in Mos Espa and had a boyfriend working as a mechanic in the hangar of the arena. A nice apartment was rented by her and again – Halfir had pointed her to the owner – close to an eopie-stable. Three years ago she had graduated and had become – after a year serving as assistant – the lead doctor in the medical facility of the pod racing arena of Mos Espa. Zinno the Hutt owned the place that was visited by many patients who couldn’t afford the luxuries of the private clinics.

Tonia was sitting on a crate in the main room of the freighter and unpacking items. She had a questioning look on her face when she removed the last piece of flimsyplast. “What’s this for?”

“This?” Halfir came to see the item. “Ah that is the last piece to enhance the Novaldex shields.”

“It was the piece brought to my office by a Jawa,” Tonia gave the piece to Halfir. “They traded it and a piece for a vaporator needed by the wizard of the Jundland wastes for one of the old 3-7gnd’s.”

“Did you meet the wizard of the Jundland wastes?” Jesin dropped a hydrospanner and came into the main room. “In all our travels with the eopies we heard about him but never have seen him.”

“The first time I did meet him was two years ago when I was treating rebel Dirky Omal,” Tonia said. “I don’t know what he did but he had two stormtroopers convinced that the rebel I was treating for a small injury was dead. The troopers left and Dirky could join his friends. A few weeks before that meeting I was treating Sheryl Vienar, an injured pod-racer. And that boys,” she paused for a moment “that had me meeting Milindus Migilian. He is the boss of her and my brother. I had a few nice days with my brother taking him out for a ride to the moisture farm of our parents.” She told more about her time with her parents and brother and ended “he is a rebel-pilot. Sheryl Vienar is now my contact for the rebels.”

“Keep working for the rebels and maybe you will end up married to a rebel,” Jesin grinned.

“Surely no imp or Hutt,” Tonia laughed. “As long as it is safe here I will stay but I can always count on the rebels helping me getting away.”

“And us if we are around,” Halfir turned. “We have this to install and then it’s time to see if the Kerebuy Hawk flies.”

“Messy will be delighted,” Jesin heard the tweets when the astromech ascended the ramp. “For him flying is the best job there is.”

“Yup messing his threads with eopie-poodoo had him complaining,” Halfir laughed. “But Gerrik is very satisfied.”

tbc

Hazel
    Nyota's Heart
    AzureAngel2

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great to read more of Tonia's work and personal life. LOL I hope the Hawk is space worthy now.

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Loved to know more about Tonia :)

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The Hawk is and leading to trouble
    Tonia will appear more in stories[face_dancing]

Part 2

The Kerebuy Hawk was in one of the hangars of Theed and secure under the watchful photoreceptor of Messy.

Jesin had been awed when he saw Naboo when the freighter was on approach to the spaceport. He had heard about the planet from his teachers in the Jeditemple and now he saw with his own eyes where the fight between the seperatists and the gungans had taken place. Wandering with Halfir in Theed he came to see the palace, the waterfalls and the beautiful architecture when they were headed to the warehouse of Gayle Pendarvis, a Naboo woman who had followed in her father’s footsteps to become a merchant.

Gayle had been a very pleasant woman to deal with. She had introduced them to her associate and pilot Alysa Azoffi, a human originating on Hamalk who owned the Hamalk queen and did the in-system transports with the submersible – quite useful for Naboo’s vast subterranean oceans – with ion-engines and with a hyperdrive engine for trips to nearby planets. Lunch at Gayle’s place was nice with the two women telling about their support of the rebel cells on Naboo. The merchandise papers came next and Gayle’s words were ‘Sluur and Jabba will be delighted when you deliver this to Jabba’s palace and to Sluur’s home. Return my greetings to Jabba and Sluur and his family.’ The women had pointed to the various points of interest and the ones to avoid.

Gayle didn’t like the machinations of the empire at all and in dealing with Sluur – and through him with Zinno – she could help the rebels. ‘Do some sightseeing and I will see you at the hangar to collect my stuff and deliver the new merchandise’ was what she had said after signing the documents.

They had been to the site where Senator Padmé Amidala was buried.
    Jesin had wanted to pay his respect to the senator who he had seen often in the Jeditemple during the clone wars. He had been able to raise his shields immediately when he saw a dark figure kneeling at that site. And he had to hide his curiosity until that figure was gone.

Halfir had praised him. He had recognised Darth Vader too and had felt the hidden light deep down in that tortured soul.

For Jesin the frequent leaving of the Jeditemple by Anakin Skywalker made now sense. He had voiced it in the safety of the main cabin of the Kerebuy Hawk. ‘Anakin and Padmé were more than friends.’ His teacher had replied ‘and that Jesin will one day lead to his redemption. Remember what I taught you about Dagnir. The hidden light was revealed when he helped his enemy. Dagnir – hope in basic – united the Moniron people.’

They had donned sturdy gloves and were busy unloading the merchandise for Gayle Pendarvis when she and Alysa came with the van and loadlifter droids.

One mishap had occurred and that’s why Messy was now alone in the hangar.

Gayle had been loading the last package in her van when a crate started to slide.

Jesin pushed Alysa out of the way of the crate and had hurt his right wrist. He had landed quite awkward and no arguing with Halfir had him not going to see a doctor in a hospital. He had uttered many medical terms and had wanted to wait until they were back in Mos Eisley.

Gayle had convinced him with Alysa helping her. The pilot wasn’t injured at all.
    Gayle promised to have a nice dinner ready when they wanted to stop at her place. ‘I want to see that treated.’

And Alysa had provided Jesin with a sling made out of her scarf. ‘I want that back because I received it when I got my wings on Hamalk.’

tbc:eek: what will happen in the hospital?

Hazel
    Nyota's Heart
    AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I like Alysa and Gayle. :) Seem like they'll be good friends and allies.

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It's great to make new friends :)

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Halfir had praised him. He had recognised Darth Vader too and had felt the hidden light deep down in that tortured soul.

I love when you do such links to the past! =((