main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Grey Jedi Fanclub -- The Protectors, Soldiers, and Guardians of the Balance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Shereshoy Cabur, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Grey Jedi =/= Someone who left the Jedi Order. Yes, someone who left the Jedi Order is more likely to be a Grey Jedi, but they don't exclusively go hand in hand. Vergere, yes, she is a Sith, however in her backstory there were times where she wasn't and could very well have been a Grey Jedi.

2. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    The Imperial Knights are considered Grey Jedi, right?

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe in the "not part of the mainstream Order" sense. Not in the sense of "tries to use both the Dark and the Light side" though- not only are they forbidden from using the Dark Side- they have a doctrine that demands they execute their Emperor if they're certain he's gone Dark.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  4. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013

Yuppp, the only distinction was that they served the Empire first, then the Force, utilizing the Force as a tool to serve the Empire. Also it was the Jagged Fel Empire, not the Palpatine Empire.

5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Could Mara have been considered a Grey Jedi when she served Palpatine - being that she didn't know he was evil and all[face_hypnotized]

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    No, by that definition Vader would have been a Grey Jedi. Mara was a Dark Jedi, who was in the mindset that her actions were justified like all other Emperor's Hands, as the Emperor had them under a pretty tight leash, and had some control over their minds even.

7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In Mara Jade: by The Emperor's Hand, Pestage and others are talking about Mara:

"Is she Jedi?"
    "No. But neither is she Dark Jedi. She is, how can I put it- an experiment."

In interviews, Zahn also said Mara wasn't intended to be "on the Dark Side".

Robimus likes this.
  8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, Mara wasn't an evil character despite working directly for the Emperor. While I think it is silly and don't like it, it is still canonical reality.

9. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Hando likes this.
  10. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Yah I'm a member!

So are there any force powers that a Grey Jedi would have over a normal Jedi?

11. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013

Not powers per-say but more so a wider range of abilities. Grey Jedi use Dark and Light techniques but see it as another technique of the Force rather than Jedi who refuse to use anything Dark related. I'd also like to think that Grey Jedi are more stable emotionally and able to keep themselves in check, whereas dark side or light side users worry about falling too far to the other side.

12. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Nay, I'm just here to chat.

Shereshoy Cabur likes this.
  13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Same here, at the moment.

Shereshoy Cabur likes this.
  14. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Soon you will join the.....Grey side? [face_devil]

s65horsey and Chewbacca89 like this.
  15. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    So the Grey Jedi seem like the original Je'daii, right?

16. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013

Yup but the only difference is how one goes from being a Padawan to Apprentice to Knight, or in the Je'daii case Padawan to Journeyer to Ranger. Personally I like how the Je'daii order does it.

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Brakiss tended to portray his Academy as more Grey than Dark (maybe Dark Grey ;)) , in Shadow Academy:

"At this academy we do not learn only one side of the Force. This is not a school of darkness. I call this a Shadow Academy, for what does life create by its very nature, if not darkness? And it is only through using the full range of your emotions and desires - the light and the dark - that you will become truly strong in the Force and fulfill your destiny. The light side by itself offers only limited power. But when the light is blended with the dark, and you work within the shadows, then you achieve your full potential. Use the strength of the dark side."

18. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    The only way is to learn all ways. Very Bruce Lee and the so simple. It is the intent of the user that makes us dark or light, good or bad.

If Bruce was in the EU, he'd be a Grey Jedi. :cool:

19. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
  20. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Sorry I haven't been by lately....new job.

21. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    It's all good, I think we've all been busy lately

22. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Yes we have.

23. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I really like how they've incorporated a Grey jedi feel to the Je'daii in Dawn of the Jedi. I've never understood how black and white the Jedi order and the Sith are, especially the Sith. If something can be used to help them gain more power or victory over their enemy why would they set it aside just because it is a light side power?

Also we need to start spa....I mean posting in here so we can get to 250 posts.

Hando and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  24. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Good job catching yourself there :p

Was wondering though, if anyone was looking to do the RPG aspect of the club? That could help with the spa...err activity for the club.

I have zero experience in that area, and at the moment don't really have the time commitment just yet to pursue that avenue.

25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I could organize an RPG if needed. I've got some experience in that area, and have always wanted to make a dedicated Grey Jedi RPG that didn't actually die after a few weeks - this might be the perfect opportunity for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.