main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Got a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoba, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    I mean hair color isn't important when it comes to the characters I just couldn't help but notice that I think only a few characters were blonde and I believe its was both Luke Skywalker and pre-Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker.

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Probably because brown/black is a more common hair color?

DarthBoba likes this.
  3. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    There's a blond handmaiden...

4. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Weird you mention that because I just re-watched The Phantom Menace and saw the blonde handmaiden with whom you are refering to.

Darth Eddie likes this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Her name seems to be EirtaƩ.

Emperor Ferus and Kran Starborn like this.
  6. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Weird that in the film shes a blonde but in some of the pictures she has brown hair like the first one where it says she evades a laser blast.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The article does say that in the children's book where she appears, a mistake is made in her hair colour.

It happens.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  8. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I guess it does I have another question in Return of the Jedi in the added scenes you see from the DVD release of the original trilogy the people of Naboo take down the statue of Palpatine once the Sith had been defeated. But don't you think the people of Naboo would have been still well off since Palpatine was born and bred on Naboo and he would have been kind to his people and his homeworld?

9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I think you're conflating two scenes here, but more relevantly, I think you're also vastly overestimating Palpatine's capacity for sentimentality.

And I suspect, from what we know about the culture of Naboo, that its people would have opposed the Empire on principle whether they were well-treated or not.

10. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Vthuil Are you sure I am confusing two scene together? Because someone told me one of the added scenes to ROTJ was the people of Naboo taking down a statue of Palpatine after the sith were defeated. I didn't make the connection myself I just assumed it was a planet in fear of the Empire that had a statue of him erected and were just waiting for the moment to take it down.

11. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    The added "galactic celebration" scenes include a celebration on Naboo (as of the 2004 DVDs, at least) and a crowd pulling down a statue of Palpatine on Coruscant. It sounds like the person you spoke to accidentally combined the scenes together.

12. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Vthuil Isn't Coruscant where the Galactic Senate at least was before the Empire came around and I think eventually disbanded it at least by the time we first meet the Imperials in A New Hope?

13. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Coruscant was still the capital of the Empire. The majority of the Imperial central command was based there, even if the Senate was a joke by the time of ANH. That's when the Emperor disbanded the Senate and handed control of each galactic sector to the local moff.

14. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Is there such a thing as planet race if that makes any sense? Like how Anakin was born and bred on Tattooine and Padme was born and bred on Naboo would that make Leia and Luke part Nabooian or however the people of Naboo are called and part Tattooineian or however the people of that world are refered? Or what? I hope my question makes sense.

15. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    No, humans are all pretty much the same race, genetically-speaking. Each planet has its own culture, but that's it as far as the differences go. Think of each planet like a country here on Earth.

And, for what it's worth, Anakin wasn't born on Tatooine.

16. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    So basically you are what you are depending on your homeworld? Like how Leia grew up on Alderaan and no matter where she was even though it was gone her mind and heart were always on her homeworld.

17. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Yes, Leia identifies herself as an Alderaanian, Han as a Corellian, etc. But they're still 100% human.

18. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Speaking of Corellians it seems that the saying that Han says never tell me the odds when Threepio tries to tell him the odds of navigating through the asteroid field in the films is a common saying on Corellia. I say that because I been reading the currently ongoing Star Wars comic book by Brian Wood and there is a rebel pilot from Corellia that sometimes says never tell a corellian the odds.

19. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Yes, that seems to be common among the Corellians in the EU as well. Both Wedge Antilles and Corran Horn use the term frequently.

20. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    How old was Darth Sidious by the time Darth Vader killed him in ROTJ? Because by the end of ROTS he was an old man and the fact he had became scarred was surprising he lived for over 20 more years but he was that strong in the dark side of the force its not too surprising. So how old was he by the time Vader killed him?

21. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Palpatine was born in 82BBY, making him 63 when his face got lightning-scarred, and 86 when he died.

22. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    How did Darth Vader and the Empire get to Cloud City before Han and them when they were closer to it then they were?

23. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The Executor's hyperdrive was working.

timmoishere likes this.
  24. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Yeah you're right I guess I am just now remembering they didn't have it which is one reason they went to Lando because well one he was a friend and Han knew he could fix it.

DarthBoba likes this.
  25. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already, but has anyone ever tried to explain why there is a NASA astronaut in the Mos Eisley Cantina? (In-universe, that is)?