main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think it is. Best comment on my Facebook feed was along the lines of "as long as he doesn't do that gravelly Batman voice, he'll be fine."

I'm not wrapping my brain around what a Man of Steel sequel with Batman in it would look like anyway. Zod throws Superman into the Daily Planet, Batman runs over Zod with the Batmobile, Superman kisses Lois Lane, Batman goes underground to hide for eight years because Superman is the only one getting laid...roll credits?

2. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Pretty sure it will be Batman vs Superman.

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    ...Because Superman got laid and Batman didn't? :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    In my opinion, Ben Affleck is not a good choice for Batman. They were right to not take Christian Bale, 50$ is WTF.
    Liam Hemsworth would have been a better choice or Mike Vogel.

5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Okay, since you insist. Maybe Seerow can post it?

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Ben Afflek looks like he'll make a good Batman, but no one can beat Christian Bale. I'm pretty sure there'll be a Batman vs. Superman fight and somehow Batman will manage to get the upper hand, even though Superman would destroy him in one second. Big deal if he has kryptonite gloves, Superman could just fly up and shoot a laser at him or something.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I didn't know who Christian Bale was prior to Batman Begins. I recognized him from American Psycho, but didn't know his name and he was a relative nobody to me -- but he did a very good job. I am familiar with Ben Affleck, but mostly through the comedy work he's done through Kevin Smith movies, or his work in Daredevil and Armageddon. I know he received a lot of acclaim for Argo (which I haven't seen) and has been praised for his acting. I'll have to take it for granted that he's a good actor and that I just haven't seen his best work -- otherwise there's nothing that I have seen first hand to make me think he is a good choice for Batman (based on the movies I have seen him in).

One concern that I saw elsewhere that I hadn't thought about, but could be an issue, is that this film has been billed as a "Superman movie" thus far. Henry Cavill is not a household name, he is a relative nobody next to Ben Affleck. So if Affleck does do an amazing job as Batman, he could easily upstage Superman in his own movie. It may have been better to cast another relatively unknown actor as Batman..

I'll have to wait and see though. I was critical of Heath Ledger as the Joker too, but he ended up hitting it out of the park.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I just think the Ben Affleck choice was a strange one for some reason. And for that matter, Superman vs. Batman is a strange idea, too. I would think that it really means a semi-friendly rivalry (ala the first part of The Avengers) before circumstances force them to work together. Because otherwise, Superman should absolutely be able to destroy Batman with no problem.

Ani501st likes this.
  9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Just finished LOST for the first time. Wow. I'm surprised such a series was so popular, given how unorthodox it's presentation gets.

A very fun ride, and one I'm tempted to watch in chronological order at some point in the future...

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I lasted maybe two episodes of Lost. I love sci-fi but that series made me nuts.

On another note, among the list of things you don't want to hear from your child:

"Mom, come smell the bathroom."

Oh hell.

I went in, prepared to spray the place down with Clorox. As it turned out, he had set a blueberry-scented candle (unlit) on the back of the toilet and it did smell pretty good.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

I remember being harshly critical of Ledger too, mainly because I had only seen him in slow/dull films and I couldn't imagine him doing anything else. So I don't think I have any right to judge at this point.

And 07jonesj, not sure what season you watched, but I generally liked LOST. My main issue with it was that I didn't like the main characters (that Jack deserved an ass kicking for all his moping. Which he eventually got. And then some.) But the villains are awesome.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003

LOST I felt jumped the shark so many times, but by the time the shark jumping gets way, way out there, I'm already hooked. The ending was a big let down IMO however. LOST and Battlestar Galactica are the two shows that really hooked me, but then dropped the ball (IMO) with their endings.

Depends if Snyder's universe introduces the concept of Kryptonite or some other achilles heel for Supes. I still am keeping my fingers crossed for a Lex Luthor appearance, and IMO a Bruce Wayne/Lex Luthor partnership would be the route to go, with Lex Luthor ultimately going bad and Batman eventually allying with Superman. If they go ahead with a Justice League movie, and unless they intend to get a different Batman for that yet again, then Affleck's Batman will ultimately have to become allied with Superman.

Barriss_Coffee, eht13 and 07jonesj like this.
  13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I loved the main characters, mainly because they were all flawed in pretty big ways. I also didn't seem to notice Jack's moping as much as the rest of the internet. Everyone except for Hurley seems pretty despondent most of the time, it's just we see Jack the most.

Spoilers for Ashes to Ashes, LOST, and BSG (so what if they're old? I just watched one!)
    I actually went into the show having read an internet article back in 2010 that stated Ashes to Ashes and LOST shared the same ending, so I expected everything to be purgatory, from the very beginning of the show. So I was very surprised when it revealed that only the Sideways-universe was purgatory, and that everything else Season 1-6 was real. So I enjoyed the sideways stuff, in that it's really just an epilogue to the show proper.

The ending to BSG was different in that I felt it was trying to make a point more than it was trying to conclude the story. I don't buy that the entire fleet agreed to sign themselves up for extinction on Earth 2.0. Mind you, it's all worth it for the scene where Baltar breaks down and says he's going to be a farmer.

I'm not too concerned with endings though. I've read/watched/played many stories that have terrible or disappointing endings, and I've learned to enjoy the other 98% of the adventure, rather than focusing on the last 2.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Speaking of Lost's ending -- 07jonesj and TaradosGon, did you see the "extra" ending involving Ben and Hurley? The one that explained the polar bears and a few other things (like Michael's possible fate)?

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Lost was such a great show, it was one of my all time favourite shows just behind Arrow and Revolution.

16. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    No, I think I remember hearing something about it. Was it some bonus content on the DVDs or something :confused:

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I just read the word "Batfleck" and now I can't stop laughing. [face_rofl]

18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, I watched it, but I don't really think it fits anywhere - the last shot leading into the Sideways-universe is pretty much perfect and then it ends, so there's no place to watch it without it taking away from the finality of "The End."

It really serves as an addendum that explains a few of the unsolved mysteries, which is always nice. The only thing I felt they left hanging were Walt's powers, though I guess since mediumship definitively exists in this world, it's not that big a deal.

Then again, more Ben is never a problem. Love his character, and his theme is one of my favourite compositions from that series.

Watched the Missing Pieces mobisodes too, they were pretty cool.

Dathomir-Witch likes this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    It's probably on the DVD (I don't own it), but it was posted on the official LOST page after the final episode was shown as a sort of official "epilogue". Sort of worth seeing I think (especially for the very end):

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

If you don't know you should just commit seppuku. Or just watch The Greatest Movie of All Time, aka Big Trouble In Little China.

Ben Affleck as Batman? I'm not a fan, but I'm not a fan of Bale, either. I'm thinking Affleck might be better than Bale.

But Daredevil happened.

So.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It took me 27 years to discover Big Trouble in Little China. When I finally enlightened myself and bought the Blu-Ray, I watched it something like five or six nights in a row.

Yeah, Tarkas, you need to watch this movie.

22. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    LACWAC I'm bored, what do I do besides play Project Reality and Movie Battles?

23. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    [​IMG]

I generally am afraid of spiders, but I got to work with the Chilean rose tarantula today as part of getting her used to being handled. She's just neat. Very gentle. Therapeutic almost for overcoming fear. Though she's also not the ugliest. I walked into a cat faced spider web the other day and wound up with the spider on my shoulder. Horribly ugly thing.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Wait, you generally are afraid of spiders, but that was OK?! I generally am not afraid of spiders... but no thanks. :p

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I squealed when I saw that. I'm scared ****less of spiders.

If she's therapeutic I probably need her but I'd have to take anti-anxiety meds first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.