main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sorry to hear about your kitty. I know how hard it is to lose a pet as I've had cats in the past. :(

2. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    So sorry to hear about your kitty moosemousse
    He looks like he was a very lovely creature. @};-

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    On another note, my niece is turning ten. She's throwing a party this weekend, her last weekend before school.

4. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    TrakNar --Is your family doing anything special for her first double-digit birthday?

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Bonfire and campout. Should be fun, but I have a family history of rained-out camping. Every time we'd set up a tent, it rained.

6. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Sounds like it should be fun. :)

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So long as it doesn't rain! I'm planning to sleep under the stars, and if it rains, I'm all wet.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks for the support everyone. It really means a lot to me. [:D]

That sounds awesome! We used to do a bonfire and fireworks for my Nan's birthday as it was close to November 5th. It was all my family on my mum's side and it was great. Hope the weather holds up. :D

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I just got my boys hooked on the X-Files. They were toddlers when the show ended, so they never seen it before. I was going through the Netflix streaming video and got them to watch the first episode last night. They have been watching it all day today. I am not sure what season they are on now.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  10. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    My kids love Quantum Leap of all things.

11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    A couple seasons of X-Files were filmed in Vancouver, BC. When my family lived down there (I was still quite young), my mom was out with her sister one night and came across a TV crew filming a scene for the show, and they were actually allowed to stay there and watch. I have yet to get into X-Files, but a ton of Stargate SG1 was also filmed in Vancouver and the surrounding area, so often I'll be watching it and go "hey, I totally have been there".

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I woke up at 5AM and my kids were still watching the X-Files. I sent them to bed. :rolleyes:

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Sounds like me

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I love X-Files and Quantum Leap! AFAIK I've seen every single X-Files episode and the films. Not sure about Quantum Leap as I watched it on TV and I probably missed a few episodes.

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My little brothers love Quantum Leap. I've been trying to get them into Stargate and Doctor Who, but so far they haven't listened to my genius recommendations.

So, I got some good news yesterday. The ministry of transportation FINALLY got back to me after I set them my medical fitness test over 2 months ago and the committee has given me the go ahead to get my learner's license! I have to re-read the driver's handbook (so not fun) then go in for my written test. Once I pass that, I get my learners but the first few times that I drive has to be with a professional driving instructor so they can recommend the right hand controls. And after I complete a year with my learners, I have to do a special road test, then I have to do another one 2 years after that (we have a stupid graduated licensing program here). THEN I have to complete a medical exam every 5 years when I want to renew my driver's license. But I am so happy!

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Congrats with your learner's license Briannakin

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Congratulations! Enjoy the harrowing first time behind the wheel, followed by the joy of driving, and then the seething hatred of every single other vehicle on the road, because they all can't drive worth squat compared to you.

I'm still somewhere in the fear of driving and enjoying it once I start driving. The hatred of other vehicles was already present. :p

And as for my weekend... My niece's party went well and after everyone left, we all camped out. The mosquitos were particularly bad, so I retreated to a tent. Slept great, though, once I fell asleep. The party food gave me horrible stomach cramps, and doing sit-ups only partially relieved the pain. My cat, Mabel, was also over, and during the party, she was manhandled by overzealous kids, so she hid.

This morning, while I was waiting for my brother to come and get Mabel and I, a five-lined skink scuttled across the porch, inches away from me. It ran right in front of me, stopped, looked, than ran. Quite a pleasant surprise.

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    That's great! I hope it goes well. Having a medical every five years sounds like a pain but it seems worth it for the freedom of driving. :)

20. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Congratulations, Brianna! Driving does bring its annoyances, but it's more than compensated by being able to go where you want without a chauffeur.

Just googled 5-lined skink. So those are probably the ones with the pretty blue tails that I see sometimes. Cute!

21. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Just remember Briannakin, everyone else on the road is a complete moron, and they will do something stupid. If you remember these two things, you'll be good. :)

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks guys, I'm not looking forward to moron drivers, but it'll be better than relying on other people and this town's lame excuse for a bus system. Right now, on a good day, it takes me just over an hour to get to university and I have to transfer busses twice (not fun when it's -40). My town is fairly spread out (you can do that in northern Canada, we have space to kill), so the bus system is kinda a joke, but there is little that can be done about it).

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Practice "defensive driving"... and by "defensive driving" I mean "The best defense is a good offense". :p

TrakNar likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Bleeeeech, my clothes smell like a campfire. Not even a nice campfire, they smell like a campfire that used old building materials for the fuel... mainly because that's what my half-brother was burning. I put in branches, but the majority of the wood used was lumber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.