main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    When he killed Jango Fett, that was the idea ;)

Mando-Man and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] Point taken.

[​IMG]

Robimus likes this.
  3. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    I think he got you there Bardan

4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah, he did. :p

[​IMG]

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I felt that the Geonosis scene was pretty terrible. They had set a precedent for Fett being a match in hand to hand with a Jedi with the great fistfight against Obi Wan. He was an improviser and it was nice to see a level playing field for a change. Then, he jumps down, gets run over, and instead of using any gadgets to hold off Windu, he stands there shooting him like a chump.

6. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OK fellow mando'ade, we are on the clock. The new EUC Trivia Quiz thread is looking to us to kick start things and as always give the aruetiise a lead to follow.

They are looking for 10-20 questions on the quiz having to do with the focus of our club. So basic Mandalorian trivia. Lets rack our brains and see how quickly we can put something together the rest of the EUC won't forget. If you have any questions and answers you think should be added, shoot me a PM and we'll get this together and see how well the aruetiise really know us.

[​IMG]

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, kark. Now I want them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who cares if I have 'em on paperback? This is too cool!

...except Volume 2 is $195 on Amazon.com. :eek:

thebeanpole and Shereshoy Cabur like this.
  9. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    He tried to do the exact same thing he did with Obi-Wan, iirc, but the rocket pack was damaged by the Reek. I think he gave Windu a decent fight, even forcing him to retreat at the start.

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  10. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    If anyone would like to contribute ideas to the EUC USer Awards discussion is currently ongoing in the Senate thread. Please feel free to voice you ideas there.

11. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    What, you mean hopelessly jump at the ground to try and grab the lightsaber, rather than immediately jetpack towards Windu, use his grappling hook, flamethrower, blaster. Pretty much "anything other than try to grab the lightsaber, fall on your ass then get trampled by a rhinoceros"?

12. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Nah, I'm thinking of the start of the battle when he uses the flame thrower to force Windu off the balcony.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008

If Jango had of gotten Mace's lightsaber Mace would be toast, so I don't think you can say trying to grab the lightsaber was a bad idea. The real mistake was not watching out for the Reek, which, the Reek being an unpredictable element in a chaotic battle, is somewhat understandable. After being crushed by the Reek it's likely that most, if not all, of his equipment (other than his blaster) was unusable/damaged in some capacity, at which point, up against the greatest sword master know to the galaxy, Jango didn't really stand a chance.

All in all I think it's a pretty believable/reasonable fight. However, that being said, given the context of it being a pivotal action sequence, the spectacle could have been amped a little. :p

Mando-Man and Robimus like this.
  14. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    I still don't see how he couldn't have just used his grappling hook, instead of a desperate jump at the lightsaber. He could have tangled up Mace, grabbed the blade with the rope, pretty much anything other than dive at the blade. It would be better to keep the blade out of Mace's hands by throwing it further away than to fall flat on your face.

15. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Btw completely off topic but I think you guys will like my post in the Rebirth RPG, a nice little tip of the hat to the Republic Commando series

16. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    His grappling hook was probably damaged after being run over by the Reek. Jumping for the blade was most likely his only option.

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Or just shooting Windu in the face.

18. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Jumping for the blade is literally the first thing he does after landing. It's the reason that he got trampled in the first place.

19. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
  20. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
  21. thebeanpole

Aug 11, 2013
    So I've been thinking a little about the RC's, and I've begun to wonder, is there a Star Wars version of the cigarette? I feel like maybe in the later years of the war, with exposure to cultural centers like Coruscant, some Clones maybe would have picked up the habit of smoking. Just a random thought. Obviously the health risks would have been known in the galaxy as they are today in our world, but hey plenty of soldiers still smoke anyways so I don't see why a few clones wouldn't have picked up the habit. Hell, I can see it now, a grim squad of battle weary commandos sitting down, and perhaps one or two are having a quick smoke. Perhaps a few random clones even experimented with drugs, most likely the ones stationed on urban world's such as Coruscant where access to drugs would be easiest.

Also, being at the tip of the spear, so to speak, in most of the Republic's campaign's, the Commandos would have had much more exposure to non-GAR stuff than other regular clones.

I know I might be going too far with this, and I know the Clones are supposed to be the picture perfect model of an army, but with long drawn out wars I'm sure some of them cracked, the Clone Wars show definitely touched on this in a few episodes. I mean we had a clone deserter and a probably somewhat disturbed amnesiac commando. I don't see why at least a few commandos wouldn't experiment with some of the common vices in the galaxy.

Just pointing out that war is hell and takes a tremendous toll on the human body and mind, and perhaps a few commandos stationed on Coruscant or somewhere similar decided to have a smoke or drink.

Maybe I'm going way too far with this, I don't know...after all the Clone Army was always at war, so I can't imagine there was a lot of downtime for the commandos, but there had to have been some. Perhaps they were just above any common human vices what with their cloning and training and all.

Thoughts?

Oh, and as a side note for the mods, I definitely don't want to be off topic, but I think this is appropriate for this thread as it pertains to Republic Commandos, right? If not, I apologize.

22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    There are definitely cigarettes in Star Wars–as early as the Thrawn trilogy–though they're called cigarras. I don't know if a clone would smoke or not; their weakness seems to be sweets and that's as far as any of the RC books go into detail about their eating and drinking habits. It never even mentions Skirata, Vau, or Obrim smoking; if those three don't I don't know who would. Though now I'm getting this sad, awful picture of Besany Wennen as a chain-smoker. [face_sick]

thebeanpole likes this.
  23. thebeanpole

Aug 11, 2013
    True, if guys like Skirata or Vau never smoked then I guess the clones wouldn't either. The funny thing is I could definitely see the commandos picking up habits because of their instructors, though. After all, I'm sure the instructors were given certain free reign over the commandos training regimen, so if one of the Mandalorian trainers had a fondness for a certain Hutt or Trandoshan liquor or something like that I can't see why a bottle wouldn't be passed around every once in a while, say after a particularly successful training exercise.

Of course, this all would have to have been kept completely secret from the Kaminoans. :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Wanna buy some Death Sticks?

25. LieutenantMereel

LieutenantMereel Jedi Padawan

Sep 1, 2013
    Hello everyone. My name is Sam (but I guess you can call me Mereel if you so wish)

I quite like the Star Wars films but I recently picked up a Republic Commando Novel. From there I have read up to Order 66 and will be reading 501st whenever it arrives. Republic Commando is my first Star Wars book series I have read and has encouraged me to plan to read other ones after I finish the RC novels(any suggestions are welcome). I have no idea how active this thread is but I am new to the forum too(this is my first post).

Just saying hi or Su cuy'gar XD

Yeah, I'm no way near fluent in Mandalorian so please don't strike up a conversation in that language just yet.