main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I want to know why I still can't pre-order on Amazon UK. It still says 'sign up to be notified when this item becomes available'. They haven't even updated the cover art! They do have a release date for the UK as the 14th October. I'd be tempted to email them about it but I have no clue who to email. It seems silly that you can preorder on the France Amazon but not the UK???? Amazon UK are now listing Season 5 blu-ray import though but even that says 'sign up to be notified when this item becomes available' :rolleyes:

2. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    It's $134.99 for the Blu-Rays and $103.99 for the DVDs. Close to my original prediction, I think.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    :_| [face_sick]

4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    That's our TCW! Always quite overpriced.

Seerow and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yikes.

6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'm sure the price will go down when it gets close to the release date, it always does.

BTW, is it known yet why the "season 1-5" set is only 14 disks (as opposed to 15)? Could it be chronological after all?

7. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

If you are talking about the blu-ray version of the season 1-5 set, then the Season 5 blu-ray standalone release is only 2 discs, not three. So that makes in total 14 discs spread over all the seasons. So that is the correct number of discs.

8. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012

No, according to the Amazon page, the standalone Season 5 Blu-ray set is 3 disks:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E8G5H6Y
    Just like the other sets.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yet the image still shows two disks. Wouldn't be the first time Amazon's descriptions are off.

10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

The official announcement on Star Wars.com says the blu-ray set is 2 discs.

The image of the blu-ray set and its discs also stands against Amazon's description of 3 discs.

11. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    That would explain it, then. :) Thanks.

EDIT: And Seerow.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hey, it could have fooled me, they are still charging like there are three discs.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Perhaps that price is the same because there are more bonus features, maybe?

15. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005

Well, it was initially $105 for the 1-5 blu-ray set. Prices always go up after initial posting on Amazon. That's why people gotta be fast and pre-order asap to lock-in the lowest price!

16. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If I'd known the price was gonna go up, I'd have bought 10 and resold them. :p

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Which is something I'd happily have done, had I any indication whatsoever that these episodes are going to be arranged chronologically. Does anyone else find it pretty ridiculous to think that by now, with an official announcement, release date and description for the box set having been released to the public, that there has been no answer to the question of episode sequencing?

Come on, Lucasfilm, do the right thing and just give us an answer. Apparently, a 'yes' or 'no' to the question could have saved customers $30.00 by locking in early, but instead, we have to sit here twiddling our thumbs, waiting to see what the deal is.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I would imagine its not in chronological order. The simple reason for this is that the discs shown in the trailer are the same discs used for each of the individual releases for the seasons. All they've done is just get the individual seasons sets and slip them into a new box set cover art. It's what they do every year. The only difference is that some artwork is included.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  19. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005

Well, with Amazon, you don't pay until they ship. No charge is put on your card, no hold or anything until release. You can also cancel at anytime.

As for the disc content, it was known that they'd be the same discs since day 1:
    http://starwars.com/news/swce-2013-...nd-seasons-1-5-box-sets-coming-this-fall.html

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, if it's each each season set collected together that sounds like it's going to all be in as-aired order.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Sure, I guess I could've placed an order, waited around for Lucasfilm to decide whether or not they were going to let us in on this specific detail, and then later cancel if I didn't like the answer, but the fact is, I don't feel as though I should have to play those type of games as a SW fan, or as a consumer, in general. Lucasfilm knows darn well that they aired episodes out-of-order, and that many, many fans have been calling for a chronological release once the series was completed, so as far as I'm concerned, to not provide this info to us, knowing full well that it's something many of us specifically want to know, is a poor decision.

As to the press release, I appreciate you having gone to the trouble, but I read it the day it was released. My only answer to that is to say of course the season sets have been collected in a "complete series" edition. In my opinion, the wording you highlighted does not necessarily address the order the episodes will appear. As with a lot of things, sure, it could be read literally as "the exact same disks will be offered, in the exact same way they were already released, only packaged together for the first time," but it also could simply mean that the content (the episodes and bonus features) contained within the previous season sets will appear, but with no mention made regarding sequencing of the episodes.

I just think it leaves room for interpretation, and that a number of fans would like to be sure what they are getting before pulling the trigger on a purchase where 80% of it's material has potentially already been released in the exact same manner as on this collection. I don't think that is asking too much.

22. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Those in the UK, Season 5 is now available for pre-order on Amazon.co.uk.

Just preordered mine, though I don't expect it will arrive on release day.

07jonesj likes this.
  23. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Before I make this purchase, I'd like someone who has already made the purchase (perhaps hlc88 ) to personally verify the extent of the bonus footage/content concerning "The Lawless."

Vialco likes this.
  24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Sable_Hart I will do that for you when I get my copy once it is released. I'm sure Filoni has said there was more to the Maul/Sidious/Savage fight and that was cut for timing reasons so I would assume that that might be restored and "The Lawless" will contain more lightsaber action. But obviously until the release in October we really have no way of knowing if "The Lawless" is the other episode that will be longer.

Sable_Hart and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  25. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I'll be getting Season 5 for sure. I'm definitely passing on the complete series set though. Aside from the ridiculous price, it's inevitable that a "special edition" will come out with all sorts of bonus stuff, probably sooner rather than later. I'd rather wait for that.

Darkslayer and AkashKedavra_93 like this.