main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Deleted Picture collection

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by darth.ender, Aug 23, 2013.

1. darth.ender

darth.ender Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2012
    I am working on slideshows of the PT and OT of all deleted material and alternate takes available. I am pretty much done collecting all the pictures I will ever want from the OT--I literally have thousands. But the PT still lacks quite a bit. I enjoy the PT less (but I do enjoy it), so I am less motivated to be quite as much of a completionist, but after going to sites like:

http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/category/cutscenes/cutscenes-tpm/

and

http://www.theforce.net/episode1/cutting_room/cutting_room_01.asp

I've found that there really is some fascinating material still missing. I've downloaded every picture available from starwarz.com, but the TFN cutting room floor is quite lacking, even using archive.org for backups. Moreover, I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff out there.

Might anyone be able to help out an obsessive collector? Anyone who perhaps downloaded a lot of these missing pictures years ago? Any who know where to find them? Any who have the time to download them yourselves and then send them to me, as I am overwhelmed with real life at the present (believe me, I've put far too many hours into this project already)? Any help would be appreciated.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Everything I had, was sent to T-Bone years ago...
    [​IMG]
    If he doesn't have what you are looking for, I don't know who would.
    [​IMG]
    (Must've deleted all the rest)

kainee and Darth Dnej like this.
  3. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    love both of those pictures.....so wish the first light sabre battle of the story (Darth Maul vs Qui Gon) could have been longer, its far too short and as a result is my least favourite of all the duels, but it looks from this it could have been longer as it seems Maul nearly got on board at one point....trying to place where the other one might be

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Not by much. Maul jumped to the ramp but Qui-Gon kicked him out.

Duel of the Fates, which was a bit longer than what we got. There's a doc on TPM DVD that shows a couple of deleted segments from the duel (with completed effects and all).

Darth Dnej likes this.
  5. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    DotF was longer and they had some robust smarmy dialog.

As for those clips, T-Bone had them edited into one, but you have to go to the archives to find it.

6. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Wonder why they took out the landing platform scene; it would've only been a few seconds at the maximum.

And I wish I could help you out, but all helpful links I have are saved on my old computer.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  7. darth.ender

Dec 28, 2012
    Thanks for the offers. There actually was a YouTube video that incorporated higher quality rips of those Maul duel scenes from the documentary into the fight, but sadly it's been removed. On the plus side, I downloaded it before it was removed, so I will be including it in my project.

Yeah, the Maul stuff is the best stuff, and they removed him to the point of making him a single dimensional character and shortened his most valuable remaining coolness by removing fight footage. They should have at least kept as much of that as possible.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Seems blu-ray is the best option for the deleted scenes.... can't find much else.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=141915 (lots of links that might be of use)
    http://rebelslair.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk&action=display&thread=243 (ROTS deleted scenes 9min)
    http://www.screened.com/news/star-w...-all-the-original-trilogy-deleted-scenes/2893(Just in case.)

Locking.

9. darth.ender

Dec 28, 2012
    Thanks for the help :)

Out of curiosity, why did you say, "Locking."? Are you intending to lock the thread? Did I break a rule? My apologies if I did.

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Nothing wrong at all...

I spent 45 minutes researching the PT"s deleted scenes; after not finding much out there... I decided to lock it.
    Came back a little later to add some notes next to the links and forgot to re-lock.
    [face_blush]

So after all that, I'll leave it open for a few more days to see if anyone else can find them...

11. darth.ender

Dec 28, 2012
    I appreciate your help, and hopefully some more will turn up in the next few days. I've got lots of stuff for the OT, but deleted pics from the PT are far harder to find, ironically.

12. darth.ender

Dec 28, 2012
    So I think T-bone probably has the most stuff I'll ever find, though I am finding more pictures on archive.org from starwars.com way back in 1999-2001. That's probably all I'll ever find, but it will do for now. Hopefully some other folks turn up something, but if they don't no worries. Feel free to lock the thread whenever you want to :)

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    That's why I said if he doesn't have it, then nobody does.:p

14. darth.ender

Dec 28, 2012
    Yeah, his collection is great. You were right, of course. He's still lacking a few things I've found, but his is the most comprehensive collection I've seen thus far. Hopefully my work can be a great resource for collectors when done. Thanks again for the help :)

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    No problemo.

EDIT:
    Best Maul Ever.jpg
    DRush76 found a cool tumblr page that might have some more of what you are looking for.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/swpas-tumblr.50014762/

16. darth.ender

Dec 28, 2012
    Fantastic! Thanks to you and DRush76.!