main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hey Guess What! I'm New! Ask Me Stuff!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Aiden Keiran, Aug 26, 2013.

?

Yes or No???

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Aiden Keiran

Aiden Keiran Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2013
    Hi everyone! I'm new here! (Duh xD)
    It's been a long time since I have been on a forum/rp site. Seriously it has been ages. The first forum/rp site I ever joined was Gaia way back in 2004. I was on that site for years, but it changed too much for my tastes and most of my friends left it. I was part of many others too, but I can't remember all of them. Anyways, I recently got a computer again and wanted to join a place where I could talk with fellow Star Wars fans and maybe do some rping and this seemed like a good place to try so...here I am! Ask me stuff!

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Ummm... have you checked out our RPF, yet? Also, do you feel welcomed? And, if you should require assistance, would you @.tag one of us in this thread, considering this your personal tech support area? Sticking around? I am having a difficult time phrasing all of this as questions...

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  3. Aiden Keiran

Aug 26, 2013
    Rpf? I think I know what that means, but I'm not sure and I don't want to seem stupid...T_T
    Can't really say if I feel welcomed or not yet. You're the first person I've talked to on here. Don't know how to @.tag anyone...sorry...
    And I'm sure I'll be sticking around.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Aiden Keiran: This is how you tag someone. RPF is our Role Playing Forum. Definitely stick around. Communicating is so much easier when I am not committed to phrasing everything as questions.

5. Aiden Keiran

Aug 26, 2013
    A Chorus of Disapproval: I did it xD
    I thought that's what it meant. No I haven't been there yet. Wanted to come here and introduce myself and get to know people first.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Well done. While we definitely want you to check out the entire site and get involved, this thread is your support area, so just pop in here with any questions or concerns. Here if you need us. Cheers.

7. Aiden Keiran

Aug 26, 2013
    Alright thanks.

8. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome to the boards! :)

What's your favourite part of Star Wars? The books, the films, the games?

9. Aiden Keiran

Aug 26, 2013
    Thanks!

I'm not sure I can really choose. They are all sort of their own thing. I love the books because you get to read about so much more than you even imagined there was. Even though you see so much in the movies they only show such a small amount of the universe. Of course reading is no substitution for seeing these beautiful planets and environments so the movies are amazing too. Honestly the only games I've played are the Force Unleashed ones. I don't have a computer capable of running The Old Republic and I've never owned an Xbox so I never got to play the Knights games and stuff. And I want to so bad because they look so amazing. T_T

What about you Admiral? ^^

10. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I agree!
    I'm a casual EU and game fan. I have read a lot of the books (ever since my first trilogy, Dark Nest), and played a few of the games. They both offer different sides to the galaxy that the films don't show.

My heart lies with the films though. I love the scenery, the different species, and the costumes. As you said, there's no substitution for seeing those. :)
    If you're interested, I do think they sell KotOR I and II for the computer at Walmart, since it's from 2003-2005 it most likely will work.

Aiden Keiran likes this.
  11. Aiden Keiran

Aug 26, 2013
    I've only recently started reading the books. Before now it was almost overwhelming. There are so many it's hard to step back and see where to start. But once you realize there are tons of good jumping on points you get to delve into the universe in a way that the movies just can't do. But like you my heart lies with the films. You can read and read, but seeing it all is just something else entirely.

You know I never really thought about that...o_O....

12. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the Forum, Aiden Keiran!

Great to have you here - please get stuck right in, there's so much happening out there, your social life will vanish in no time thanks to this place!

Just shout if we can help, but don't be afraid to get stuck right in! :D

Enjoy your time here and see you around the boards.

[​IMG]

13. Aiden Keiran

Aug 26, 2013
    Thanks! And no worries, my social life died so long ago.

14. TheDarkLordess

TheDarkLordess Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 5, 2013
    Welcome to our humble crib, Aiden Keiran !!! [:D] Hope you enjoy the forums!

15. Aiden Keiran

Aug 26, 2013
    Thank you!! [face_dancing]