main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "Evil overlords". :rolleyes: :p

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    San Hill and Valorum: united against Palpatine.

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I corrected the last two arcs to account for the fact that they may be flipped. The Unknown arc could actually be the Yoda/Wookiee or Ventress Arc. Or if they were planning an Ahsoka arc that they didn't tell us about.

4. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    I haven't been keeping up with what is going on with the bonus material or what arcs were supposed to be coming before TCW came to an end. So can anyone give me a rundown of what we know about these various arcs?

5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Here are the arcs we know will most likely be in the bonus material so far:
    1. Clovis arc (hinted at from tweets, so I'm pretty certain this will show up)
    2. Order 66 arc---has a cyborg Trench; might have a reappearance from Valorum; it will be interesting to see what role he plays
    3. Yoda/Sifo-Dyas arc---will delve into the mystery of Sifo-Dyas, Force Ghost mysteries as well as show us a Sith Temple
    4. Bounty Hunters arc---stars Boba Fett, Cad Bane, and probably Aurra Sing, and purportedly takes place on Tatooine at some point, where we see Tuskens; may resolve certain character fates

I think someone (a mod, perhaps?) needs to post a stickied (locked) thread containing all the confirmed info that we know of the bonus content. Anyone up for it? Those of us who frequent this thread can lend the OP all the info that we know, if needed. Crowdsourcing...

Show of hands? Anyone?
    [​IMG]

6. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Looking back at the video of the Anakin and Obi-Wan campfire scene, that scene is actually from 6.02, not 6.01. So I think there was a three-part arc, from 5.24-5.26, and then Anakin/Obi-Wan is 6.01-6.04.

7. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I think I found a bit of news, but I had to translate it from German, so it is sketchy at best, but here it is:

http://m.dwdl.de/a/42181

"Cartoon Network takes early October, the fifth season of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" into the program. Nine new episodes from the 5th October every Saturday and Sunday broadcast at 19:25 clock."

Have all the season five episodes even aired in Germany, or are these actually new?

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Is anyone able to decipher the production code for the Valorum model?

I think they were not expecting cancellation, rather it moved to a Disney channel.

They probably would have left that to the last episode of the series ever if it had run its course!!!

That is true. I would take a guess that Season 6 would have had a Ventress arc, IMO, so they may have decided to not release that one because they can still use her elsewhere in Rebels or revolve her story in other medium. Still hoping that we at least get a nugget of the Obi-Wan/Anakin arc but if we do I doubt it will be fully completed. Interesting they haven't mentioned anything about it at Celebration or D23 especially in the parts of revealing stuff that won't be completed. And they must surely remember they did discuss it back in 2012 and showed an animation work on clip. And they probably know we are discussing it here! I very much doubt they wouldn't be keeping an eye on things we discuss here, to gauge our reaction!

I put my hand up for this!!! I suggested this a few weeks ago, but nothing came of it!

Thanks for looking back! The only content from Season 6 we don't know of is 5.24-5.26 then. The rest we can pretty much map out what Season 6 was intended to be!

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I can be more crude! I can call them worse names...They deserve all the name-calling... for what they did! [face_dancing][face_laugh]
    And you know that they are overlords of the evil variety!

Even after all these months, Disney's way of handling the situation could have been done differently and in a less rude and uncaring for the fans way.

I would watch that! GO HILL!

Nice summed up info... But I agree if something like this can be put up like status on the Bonus Content then awesome! People have to know... I am sure there are TCW fans out there that do not know what is the situation with the bonus content and would have a hard time keeping up to date with all the epic discussions here that have reached 85 pages.
    I do not know, it is up to the admins in the end! ;)

I heard that, but why would only a german site know such info if it is regarding the Bonus Content?!

10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

It's not the Bonus Content. It's Season 5 that is airing for the first time. The poster doesn't know if all of Season 5 has aired in Germany and is querying to see whether anyone here can provide information for them. Presumably the answer is in the article itself: Germany has not aired all of Season 5 and it is starting it in October with 9 new episodes, which I would guess is the first half of Season 5 (Revival, Onderon Arc and Young Jedi arc). It sounds like to me that Germany has not aired any of Season 5 at all.

11. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Sounds like maybe my speculation about an app was correct:
    http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=13207

"“A Disney branded app for Star Wars will launch on Apple TV devices, with plans to distribute the final Clone Wars episodes exclusively digitally only through the Apple TV device for a limited period of time. This will happen in this holiday season."

I have an Apple TV so very excited about this :)

12. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Well that sucks since I don't have that. And will most likely alienate a lot of people. My dad does have an apple computer but I doubt that this app will work on there. If this is true I hope there will be a way to record them or 'save them'.

I think we need to start the campaign for a blu-ray release.

cwustudent and Random Comments like this.
  13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Terrible. I have a PS3 so this is a no-go. Leave it to Apple to ruin something with a restrictive exclusive on their Crapple TV. Will be unhappy if this is the only way we get this.

14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I think the majority of us will be. They probably expect us to go out and buy one of their Crappola TV's.

Why can't they do Itunes? We buy the episodes and get to keep them?

If they release this APP to be available on i-pads and we can keep the episodes I'll be fine. It will give me an excuse to buy my own since I'd like one.

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I want to view on my home theater not on an iPad. It's possible that they just want to double dip with DVD and Blu ray later.

hlc88 is Netflix streaming or Amazon Instant Video a good option for the UK? These seem to be widely available on a number of devices at least in the US.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I am skeptical. This sounds like it would reach a particularly limited audience.

17. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    If they announce a whole new and improved Apple TV for XMas 2013 this would be a big tie in to have an exclusive Star Wars app? So this may tie into that.
    http://www.macworld.com/article/2047459/imagining-a-next-generation-apple-tv.html
    "The latest things I’ve heard are that some sort of television product (not necessarily a television screen, but something) could be coming as soon as this November. And I think there’s some surprises there, about what it could actually be. "

EDIT: People saying they want to watch it on their iPad, the way apps work on Apple TV and iPad are not the same. When people use the term app for Apple TV they are talking about the icons you can choose from a main screen. They just added Disney and Disney XD today, I think what the report means is there will be a Star Wars section on Apple TV the same way. They will offer the Clone Wars bonus eps and exclusive EP 7 content to sell more Apple TVs this Xmas.

18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I'd like to view it on my tv too, but release on an i-pad is better then the very limited release it looks like they could be doing.

I have no idea about Netflix streaming here... but my brother uses it so I assume its fine here. But we don't have Amazon Instant Video here. It's US only as we have LoveFilm and I've never used that either so we just rent things out and return them, unable to download and keep.

Hmm... it still limits (a lot) of people. And its not fair on the audience to this show. Disney surely is the Empire if this is the route they are going with the bonus content. And yes maybe I'm overreacting since its just a rumour.

Which is just disgusting, IMO, since the majority of us will not get to see it, since I doubt many of us actually have the money to go out and buy an Apple TV, especially if they intend to never release them on blu-ray.

19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Exactly. Very shady if they have to resort to forcing us to buy their P.O.S. product by putting a Star Wars exclusive on it.

From my experience now with the streaming world, the show you've been watching can vanish over night if some kind of agreement is signed. I've been halfway through a series on Hulu Plus, and then the show is pulled since there was a deal signed with Netflix the previous day. Then Netflix doesn't even have the show streaming yet since with their model they have to wait until the show is on DVD usually in order to stream it. Really stupid. So i'm not surprised about the exclusivity being discussed since that is par for the course now. Its even worse since this is something i've really been looking forward to. Hopefully the rumor is wrong.

Random Comments likes this.
  20. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I hope its wrong to. I think the only thing that would placate me would be if they announced - at the same time - the bonus content is getting a blu-ray release a few months later.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    More from a different article on the new AppleTV Disney channels:
    "Both Disney channels are also compelling additions, although cord-cutters should be aware that both the Disney Channel and Disney XD require authentication from a participating cable/satellite provider, so you need a pay-TV subscription to access them. The apps let you watch the live TV channels, as well as on-demand content."
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57600239-37/apple-tv-snags-vevo-disney-channels-in-major-update/

What a load of garbage, there's no way this is happening.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    OK, let me see if I'm understanding this correctly:

Disney is only releasing the bonus content through an app that is only available on an Apple TV, and they're only releasing it near Christmas, as some sort of not-so-subtle ploy (read: a ploy so un-subtle that you'd have to have the IQ of a malfunctioning B1 battle droid to miss it) to get people to rush out to buy Apple TVs en masse on Black Friday?

Yeah, **** that.

Not even the deliciousness that would be Anakin mopping the floor of Padme's apartment with Clovis would be worth that ****.

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    According to that Cnet article i posted, the AppleTV app is just a mirror of the Disney channels for the people who already pay for those channels or receive them on their cable package. So its possible Disney or XD will just air the new Clone Wars episodes on their actual cable channels also. If that's the case I would just resort to receiving those episodes via "other" means...

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  24. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    There is an Apple event on September 10. It is possible they will announce a new Apple TV at this event and mention Star Wars as an exclusive content provider(for now?). Who knows but something to watch for.
    There is a little more to it than that. There are full archived seasons of their shows, movies, a livestream of the channel, and a viewing history. I think the Star Wars app will be standalone app different than the Disney channel ones cause in the original story they talk about having Episode 7 news from the set and other content. Maybe they will go back and do another Hyperspace like subscription thing or just keep it as a selling point for Apple TV.

25. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    o_O
    I really hope this news isn't true, or at the very least they will provide future means to access and view the episodes, preferably DVD/Blu-Ray Disk. But it looks like corporate greed rules the day, per usual.

Damnit Disney, I was almost going to say that "I welcome our new evil Disney overlords", but now I definitely have to retract this statement if the news turns out true!

Disney, you're breaking my heart pissing me off!