main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Geonosis: So much good you don't even see

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Revanfan1, Aug 22, 2013.

1. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    well I do think the lightsaber battles in AOTC were interesting but weren't satisfying as a whole. They were chopped up to be super short. Other than that the film is great.

My favorite star wars sub plot will always be Anakin going off to rescue Shmi. It was just really compelling to watch

2. bellatroll

bellatroll Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 21, 2013
    Geonosis is perhaps one of the worst scenes in movie history.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why do you think that?

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    lol, "bellatroll"? As in [​IMG] + [​IMG] = you?

I liked seeing the Trade Federation Sphere without the giant ring around it. And given their size I love when they try to launch and get shot down.

[​IMG]

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I loved that part too but it took me out of it when you can see Aayla Secura in the bottom left corner...apparently jogging in place. I was like :confused:.

6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Do you have a shot of that?

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Check 02:32.

WatTamborWoo and VadersLaMent like this.
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ok thank you. I have never noticed before. That also leads right into the shot I posted above. When i think about spacecraft I'd love to have to jaunt around the GFFA the sphere makes the list.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I just wish that Lucas cut before Shmi's head fell back in thatl over the top "I am now dead" motion.

10. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    I don't know. I guess I just really found that Pernilla August's portrayal of Shmi was strong. She was a good woman and a good mother. Their farewell scene is heartbreaking and even made more wrenching when we learn of her fate in Episode II. Rescuing your mother from death, from torture.... I just felt like I really "cared". I wanted Anakin to succeed.

The score really got me too, when Padme and Anakin embrace and then Duel of the Fates begins with the binary sunset. Culminating in the Tusken Slaughter and Hayden's strongest scene where he confesses to the killing. A chilling scene.

So that is why I love the subplot, it brings out the right emotions I think.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  11. bellatroll

bellatroll Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 21, 2013
    The scene is such garbage. I always hated it, even when I saw the movie for the first time when i was quite young. I think its just vastly over done, fake, confusing and illogical. The scene truly epitomizes everything that is wrong with the prequels.

Bella means war in latin, so i'm a war-troll.

12. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    The Latin word for war is bellum not bella. (Wrong declension.) Bella is plural.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't it become "beautiful" in Italian?

Paparazzo and Han Burgundy like this.
  14. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Geonosis is absolutely insane. I'm going off a limb here(Anakin hehe), but I would say the Battle of Geonosis is probably the biggest battle ever put onto screen in a film. just in terms of pure scale. I love how it basically keeps expanding throughout the entire climax.
    1. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme vs Reek, Nexu, Acklay
    2. Army of Jedi vs army of CIS
    3. Army of Clones reinforce Jedi vs CIS
    4. Battle spreads throughout entire planet
    5. Multiple lightsaber duels

Admittingly, I've always found the lightsaber battles in AOTC to be the weakest of the saga but that's a topic for another day. In terms of sheer scale and spectacle, Geonosis is unmatched.

15. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Have you seen the lightsaber 'battle' in AHN between Darth Vader and Obi Wan?! Boring and pretty pathetic. Massive snooze fest! AOTC was head and shoulders above that! lol

Count Yubnub likes this.
  16. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Darth Vader and Obi-Wan's duel had gravitas and a sense of deep history behind it. There was a very mythical air to it all, the feeling as though there hadn't been a lightsaber duel in many, many years. In comparison AOTC's duels were kind of just "getting down to business". Not bad, but kind of bland in comparison.

bibfortuitous and Force Smuggler like this.
  17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I love the cinematography of the AOTC duels, it's very unique-looking. Somewhat like abstract art.

FRAGWAGON, ezekiel22x and Vthuil like this.
  18. Darth Ridiculis

Darth Ridiculis Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2013
    I love when the violins or whatever start playing as soon as Anakin looks up, and you just know he's about to do something awesomely terrible.

19. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Delete.

20. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Lolz at 3:31, Jango banging his head on Slave I's door.

Force Smuggler and Count Yubnub like this.
  21. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    Wonderful moment

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Execution Arena has to be one of my most favorite sets in Star Wars. Why couldn't we get that in Battlefront? From the start with Anakin and Padme being taken out to be executed to the start of the Lightsaber duels has to be one of my most favorite action sequences ever. The stuff before in the Foundry and the lightsaber duels themselves? Not so much.
    I do love the seismic charges in space.

23. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Yeah, it's gotta be one of my favorite battles. Simply because of all the weird/cool junk going on JUST out of focus.

24. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    its fun to watch the background of these scenes over and over i think. To see new stuff

thebeanpole and Count Yubnub like this.
  25. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Seismic Charge FTW!