main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm not even watching. Last season I would've been watching. With every passing season it takes me longer and longer to engage.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I think both sides want that, quick breaks means you might leave space for the other team to counter back.
    This still keeps both teams above Man City, and if United win their game in hand it makes them level with Chelsea anyway.

3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    tbf you haven't missed much.

Jose bringing Mikel on. lol. says it all.

halibut likes this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    To their credit, Terry & Rio have both been solid this game. Still reliable for the big games despite their age.

5. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    defensive slog. Chelsea obviously will be happier with the result.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Going into it, I thought we could win. Coming out, I'm fine with a point. Onward and upward, Blues.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Too early really for it to be a decider, but United still have some tough games coming up and they will need to be more positive in those.

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Dreadful game. Passing awful from both sides. 0-0 well deserved

Terry man of match. LOL

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Rooney played pretty well I thought, he seemed to create most of the very limited opportunities United had.

Not sure why Mourinho thought Chelsea could do a Barcelona and play without a striker, Torres coming on seemed to add something extra so it's surprising they didn't start that way.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    BBC comms:
    It is United's first goalless draw at home in the league since 16 May 2009, a run of 76 matches with a goal comes to an end - at David Moyes's first attempt.

[​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  11. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Go Davey!

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Deco retired today. Great player in his day at FCP.

13. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    hearing Fellaini bought for 20m rising to 24m. Baines stays. probably good for all concerned.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hearing from whom? Fellaini's mother? An invisible pixie whispering in your ear? Cafe rouge's itk?

On a side note, I've heard Everton is to sign Mar as his lawfully wedded wife. The wedding will be crowd sourced, with donors of $20 getting a DVD of the no hip touching sexy time wedding night. $50 donors get to see hips touching. $60 donors get to be there in person. For a $500 donation gets to direct the action. For $1,000 you get to direct the action, while they wear Downton Abbey costumes. And finally, for all the above and a season ticket to Goodison Park, you receive $100.

15. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    did Fellaini's mother tell you that, too? she knows her stuff, that woman, i'll give her that.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I feel like Chelsea dropped a bollock selling Sturridge. Hopefully they do the same with Lukaku.

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  18. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    [​IMG]

bale's scrapbook

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Willian, 5 yrs to CFC. Still talking with a short-term deal for Eto'o. Mata is going nowhere, hopefully he didn't get spooked- still our best player.

20. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Lamela just signed for Spurs. Plays same sort of role as Bale so that should help finalise his move.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Spurs obviously feel he can be replaced and so have promptly replaced him. They have a very good squad now.

I too heard the Fellaini for £20million rumours, but nothing confirmed yet.

Apparently there is a twitter petition to get Kagawa of the bench at United, I think it's #playshinji
    Hopefully he will feature soon, such a waste to leave a talent like him not playing.

Maybe Moyes still doesn't know how to play him.

22. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Ridiculous that there isn't a Capital One Cup highlights show anywhere. Goals and controversy galore last night

23. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I agree with halibut on this matter. The Yeovil thing being a great example.

Rumours (according to Talksport) Baines has apparently asked for permission to talk to Man Utd about a move there.

24. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    To be fair, I haven't checked to see if there's anything on tonight seeing as half the games are being played as we type

EDIT: League Cup show tonight on BBC1

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Eto'o looks like a done deal for a one-year deal, Chelsea offer beat Inter. May mean Demba Ba is going elsewhere, but it is a great short-term option, as long as Lukaku gets in some time as well.