main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    CPL roflol :p

[face_batting] ;)

Ananta Chetan has informed me that he would like to be an initiate. I have chosen to add his previous times here towards his two week time.

Ananta, please tell me in your own words why you want to be a jedi.

Sarge? Nooooes

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Chetan come say hello

4. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    Actually, I was just going to take advantage of Alec being stuck in the medbay. ;) If I don't fall asleep before I finish my post, expect it soon. :p

5. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Wooooooozzzzz!

6. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    I take it that means you're happy? :p

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    It's my wooz of happiness <.<

8. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    That's a relief. :p Apparently, it took longer than I expected, but it's up. Hopefully it'll give you something to work with. If not, Alec can always just let her walk away. :p

9. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Yep, yep! It'll be fun to respond to!

The_Zeltron likes this.
  10. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm cool with the library, mostly just waiting for everyone to sort out where they are and what they're doing, then I'll head out :)

11. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    Awesome! I'll be looking forward to it! And on that note, since I have to be up for work in less than 5 hours, I'll say goodnight. :p

12. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Greetings Falcon!

Though I have observed some in here... the majority of my EUC posts have been in the BMC. Most times when I have peeked in here previously, the conversation was related to something very specific of which I had nothing to contribute...

Adalia has been my "Guide" and she and Bultar Swan and others have answered many of my inquiries via PM's in the last couple weeks.

Would you be willing to share something with me about your experience of being a Jedi Knight in the GoL? Would be very interested to hear it...

:)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  13. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Would you be willing to share something with me about your experience of being a Jedi Knight in the GoL? Would be very interested to hear it...

Hmmmmmm [face_thinking]

I've had the privilage to fully train a padawan learner. Tim Battershell. I have another padawan learner tht is currently in training. JM_77. I enjoy playing the role of a Jedi Knight in the RPG. Lets say it's turning very interesting considering the back story Mac and I have been back building intertwining our characters from RP game Intervention and Shadows. The Grandmasters challenge us with questions about characters in the books about the lightside, lightsabers, darkside and compare notes. We examine ourselves figuring out the kind of Jedi we are. For me I'm a sentiniel.

"Sentinel Knights that sought a balance between the intensive combat training of the Jedi Guardians and the wider philosophical views and teaching responsibilities of the Jedi Consulars. These Jedi ferreted out deceit and injustice, bringing it to light. They were generally employed in scouting missions and were skilled in security, computers, or stealth techniques, and also had diplomatic skills."

At first I thought Guardian suited me better thats until the GMs here asked me what kind of Jedi I was and why. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I am a Sentiniel.

You explore things about yourself discovering things you never knew was there or ever existed. Your master challenges you with questions on certain aspects of the Force and life. Train you in lightsaber combat on the offsite.

We interact quite a bit with each other on and off the boards such as facebook and our offsite.

That's my experiance as a GOL Knight.
    so your turn and
    Swannie's earlier question.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  14. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Tim Battershell did tim map all eight floors of the Promenade?

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

15. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    He certainly walked all the way round it on each level (he can do with the exercise :p)! He would only 'waypoint' places that he thought it likely he would need to come back to fairly frequently, at this stage. Of course, the Datapad will be his constant companion now, and he will be filling in the blanks as and when he visits new locations.

BultarSwan likes this.
  16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    You realize that would take him roughly 12 hours to do right?

17. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Force-enhanced speed! And he was an early-bird!

18. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Even thwn he would be exhausted and not able to use more than basic force abilities and even than one at a time

19. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Check my figures, please....

Diameter 800m
    x Pi = 2513m (circumference)
    x 8 = 20106m
    / 1000 = 20km
    = 12.5 miles

I can walk at between 3 and 4 mph!

20. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    It's an octagon not a circle so therefore it has a perimeter and not a circumference

21. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Agreed; but for a ball-park figure one can take advantage of the facts that a regular octagon is a square with its corners clipped away and that a circle described within a square will also clip the square's corners away. Calculating for a circle is a slight over-estimate (due to the 'clipping' being done by an arc instead of by the base of an equilateral triangle) - but close enough IMHO.

If we were going to do the job ultra-accurately, we would need to know:

1) The thickness of the Temple's exterior walls,

2) The width of any chambers lying between the exterior walls and the walkway (including the thickness of the chamber/walkway dividing wall,

3) The width of the walkway itself; also,
    [​IMG]
    how much the slope of the exterior walls will inset a higher walkway above a lower-level one (assuming the width of the chambers are kept constant)!

Each of the above will reduce the total distance to be walked!

22. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Tim, I think you are putting too much thought into this. CPL has stated before that the Temple is large and it should take a post (or even two) to get from one place to another. Your character ran about and mapped the whole Temple in the span of a single post. It should have been something that was spread out over several posts.

[​IMG]

BultarSwan likes this.
  23. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Point taken for future reference.

24. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    This is my GM ruling... each floor of the Promenade and the Great Hall is 2.75 miles in walking distance. The corridors that connect the pylons to the main structure are 80 meters in length.

So to walk around all 8 floors of the Promenade and the Great Hall floor with lift travel time would take approximately 8 hours.

Bardan_Jusik and BultarSwan like this.
  25. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    And here I was worried about making the Temple seem too large in the original version of my last post. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.