main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Obi-Wan in Episode VII - Rumor

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TtheForceHurts, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Yeah,plus WB must have thought the stuff had legs. Why else would they be in a rush to steal Disney headlines. lol

2. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I dont' think it'll be a sequel, rather Obi-wan should be one of the spin offs. Obi-wan had 20 years we nothing nothing about, or at least 17-18. That's a loooong time. And Ewan is older now. Perfect age. He's 42 and they can age him a little bit to 45-46.

Normal_Nerds and TKT like this.
  3. L0RD VADER

L0RD VADER Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Ewan Macgregor has better things to do than doing a spin-off movie.

4. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    I love the idea of Ewan coming back in spirit form in EP7 and I also think that he needs his own stand alone film as well. Palpatine though don't like the idea of him going back as a ghost or as a I'm not dead yet. If your going to bring him back its needs be as in a cameo, have it as a hologram from a Sith Holocrom. Now that would be cool.

Dranem likes this.
  5. Jedifirefly5

Sep 5, 2012
    Ewan said he'd love to do a spin off. I think he's a better judge of what he wants than a poster on this thread. [face_talk_hand]

kainee, lbr789, agentkrycek and 5 others like this.
  6. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    A 'spin off' movie can be a big, expensive, popular blockbuster too. I don't think anyone is suggesting it should be a TV movie or stright to DVD release. ;)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd love a Kenobi spin-off. Could be awesome.

8. L0RD VADER

L0RD VADER Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Well...
    After thinking about it, a spin-off on the event between Ep3 and 4 could be interesting.
    How Obi Wan became Ben the hermit.
    A feud with the locals, Jabba?, how Tatooine cope with the Empire rising.

Veloz likes this.
  9. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    Totally agree about the spin-off film. It truly would be a chance to take Star Wars into a whole new area of film making. If they did the logical choice and set the whole thing on Tatooine while he was watching over Luke from afar that would be really neat. Maybe they could explain a little further why Owen was such a grouch when Luke asked about his past. The Star Wars Visionaries comic with Obi-Wan and the first appearance that I can remember of the cyborg Darth Maul was the best part about that comic, though they wouldn't have to go that route necessarily.

kainee, BigAl6ft6 and Normal_Nerds like this.
  10. Normal_Nerds

Normal_Nerds Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    With John Jackson Miller's Kenobi novel getting heaps of positive reviews and McGregor keen to return, I think that it's entirely possible that Disney could be swayed to return the Tattooine during the Dark Times. I'd be happy to see it as long as the plot was more cinematic than warring with sand people.

Circular Logic likes this.
  11. Jedifirefly5

Sep 5, 2012
    Owen probably wears burlap underpants. They are poor. It'd make anyone grouchy.

kainee and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Just wondering...

If by chance this was true and Obi Wan came back as a Force Ghost and IF for some inexplicable reason that they decided to do a CGI of Alec Guiness Obi Wan, would you want Ewan McGreggor to voice him or James Arnold Taylor to voice him.

Because, this is no slight to Ewan, but over the years, JAT's voice is just as much "Obi Wan" as anyone else and should at least be considered.

13. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    If it went straight to TV or to DVD it would be a show called... "Drinking with Ben"

kainee and Sith-Mullet like this.
  14. Hardware

Hardware Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2013
    IMO, I don't understand why some ppl have problems with OB1 coming back. First if all IMO I think Ewan was one of the best actors in the PT. His character came back in the OT movies. He could comeback and give Luke more advice on whatever situation he may be in. If they can find a way to do the Alec cgi with ewan voice that would be cool. Or Ewan as the ghost. Either way is fine. Im sure it wouldnt be that b8g of a part.

kainee likes this.
  15. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    I could see us getting a scene or two with the obi-wan force ghost, and I wouldn't want to see him back any other way.

16. hansolothe3rd

hansolothe3rd Jedi Master

Mar 25, 2001
    My guess is Obi will return in a younger form for some specific purpose. It will be explained. Maybe it's to use the physical prowess that only Ewan Obi had? When we first saw Alec Obi he needed to use his wisdom to connect with young Skywalker, maybe it will be different this time.

kainee likes this.
  17. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    The Obi Wan spin-off would be awesome. Since Maul is according to TCW still alive and out for vengance, maybe they could settle that feud in the spin-off. Cliegg Lars could become collateral damage in their struggle and provide a source for Owen's disdain. BTW I hope that James Arnold Taylor will get some Obi cameos in Rebels. I have just gotten my Kenobi audiobook which is read by him:)

Immortiss likes this.
  18. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I think there is a huge canvas to paint on in terms of a possible Obi-Wan 'The Dark Times' spin off. Think of all the possibilities out there... e.g. Jabba, bounty hunters, uncle Owen, Death Star plans, force ghost Qui-Gon, weekend away on Dagobah visiting Yoda, and Vader! (possibly).

Immortiss likes this.
  19. TtheForceHurts

Jan 28, 2010
    They could even bring in Liam Neeson to teach Obi in ghost form... Obi could save the farmers from a Krayt Dragon...

20. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    All those are reasons why a Kenobi spin-off would be awesome.

Immortiss and Jedirush2112 like this.
  21. TtheForceHurts

Jan 28, 2010
    I could see a whole mini series HBO style for this. Featuring only Tatooine, it would be rather cheap to shoot in comparisson to the Underground series...

Graphic likes this.
  22. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    With Western/ Samurai/ Old school SW vibes. Would be amazing.

Immortiss likes this.
  23. TtheForceHurts

Jan 28, 2010
    Exactly, Unforgiven, Starwars style...

24. Dark-Vador1138

Dark-Vador1138 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    this:

you know damn well that ILM can pull off CG 10 times better than this, heck, even JEJ said he didn't voice vader in ep III and he damn well did sound like him (that is whoever did him).

I'm sure if they did it all computers the audience wouldn't be able to tell the difference, even 5 years ago the guys who did beowulf got everyone's jimmies rustled over CGI angelina...

25. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    This would be good to see, not to mention the little missions he undertook during his seclusion on Tatooine!

Basically the Last of the Jedi Series!

[​IMG]