main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The Official EU Trivia Quiz - The Bi-Weekly Challenge

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by zark, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Starting in the next few weeks, me and my illustrious partner in crime CrazyOldHermit will be starting an official EU sponsored challenge. Every two weeks, one of the fan clubs here in the EU will be presenting a trivia quiz of questions that are relevant to their club's topic and you, the EUCers will have the opportunity to test your knowledge of the Expanded Universe by answering these questions!

First, the format. Quiz 1 will be sponsored by Bardan_Jusik and our very own Mandalorian Fan Club! They will work together [suggested in a pm setting] to compile 10-20 questions that will be posted here as a quiz. To answer the questions, please send me a PM with the words "Quiz Answers" with the appropriate number or name of the quiz as the PM title. (This is to help me keep track of my inbox) At the end of the two weeks, using the answer key provided by the club who made the quiz, I'll inform everyone of the winner, and the next quiz will begin.

Second, the Rules.
    1. No posting answers in the thread. Feel free to discuss the quiz, but not the specific questions. (Though it's totally okay to discuss previous quizzes.)
    2. No wookiepedia.
    3. No checking the books.
    This is trivia! However, we cannot enforce these rules, so it's the honor system.

Third, Prizes
    The only prize is bragging rights, and the ability to feel even more vastly superior over everyone else than you already do. :p

Fourth, Why you should play.
    Because it'll be awesome, and I plan on beating you in every quiz! :p So please join us!

For those interested in making a quiz.
    First off, AWESOME! Secondly, just pm either me or CrazyOldHermit and ask that your club or interest group be put on the list. We'll get back to you and let you know.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Let's see how well you aruetiise know us mando'ade. Remember discussion of the quiz is fine here, but PM all answers to zarkinfrood.

1. Translate Buy'ce

2. What was the national sport/pastime of the Mandalorians? (Bonus point for giving the answer in Mando'a)

3. Translate Aliit

4. Name the Jedi Knight who left the order and became a Mandalorian during the Clone Wars

5. From what species does the Mandalorian culture descend and from what planet do they originate?

6. Name the two factions that fought the Mandalorian civil war.

7. What Mand'alor eventually overthrew the Imperial hold on the Mandalorian system?

8. Name Boba Fett's granddaughter.

9. Who provided Boba the serum to halt the clone degeneration?

10. In the video game, Republic Commando, what was the name of the squad and squad members?

11. When Mara Jade died, what did Boba send to Han?

12. Who was Mandalore the Preserver?

13. Who conceived the Supercommando Codex?

14. When was the first time Mandalorians turned on their long-time allies, the Sith?

15. What Mandalorian swore his revenge for the betrayal of Chernan Ordo at the Battle of Botajef?

16. What area of Mandalore did Kal Skirata and the others flee to after Order 66?

17. In the first battle against Obi-Wan Kenobi, what exotic weapon did Pre Vizsla use to fight against him?

18. Who did Jaster Mereel save and later adopted as his own son?

19. "Only a son can know his father's heart." Who said this quote?

20. Who was the second in command of the Death Watch during the Clone Wars?

[​IMG]

Shereshoy Cabur and Robimus like this.
  3. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Just a reminder to everyone, you have two weeks (starting today) to turn in your answers to me. I will keep track of scores, and once the results are all in, I will announce the winners. Good luck!

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    If I could participate I think I would have known around 15 of the answers, which surprises me :p I wouldn't have thought to know that many.

Now just to pass the time, and bump the thread, I have some bonus questions to toss in that anyone can answer, including members of the Mandalorians Fan Club that came up with the previous 20 questions. You can answer these bonus question in this thread, first come, first serve. Remember to PM you answers to Zarkinfrood for the main contest.

Bonus Question A) Name the Mandalorians that we know by name who fought against the Yuuzhan Vong on Caluula Station?

5. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
  6. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    He laughs, but does he know the answer?[face_devil] :p

Please remember to forward your votes to Zarkinfrood in the main contest. This bonus stuff is just to pass the time :)

7. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I sure don't know it. :p

8. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013

Cause I helped make some of these questions, you were there lol

Robimus likes this.
  9. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I know. I was talking about of the extra question I added in, not the contest proper.

A guess would likely get you 50% of the answer. :) For instance how many Mandalorians can you name that you know were around during the war with the Vong?

10. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    By name, just one. And that is everyone's favorite!

Robimus likes this.
  11. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    At first I read "Who was the second in command of the Mandalorian Protectors during the Clone Wars"... ;)

Robimus likes this.
  12. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Still time to get your answers in to Zarkinfrood!

Give it a try, I think your odds of winning are excellent based on what I've heard thus far. It doesn't hurt to guess either :)

13. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    The odds of winning are quite good when compared to my score. :confused::p

zarkinfrood likes this.
  14. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I have handed in my pm to Zarks! And yes, it's mostly guessing! But I still consider it a win because I tried. [face_thumbs_up]

Mirax Terrik and Robimus like this.
  15. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Eek, I just missed out on this one. I can't wait to see who the winners are and for the next quiz to start. :)

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I believe the deadline has been extended, so give it a shot!

[​IMG]

17. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Woohoo! Zarkin, behold my impressive 5 answers (two of them guesses)! :p

zarkinfrood and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  18. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    You beat me with that. :p

Mirax Terrik likes this.
  19. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I answered all of them. And guessed on most. I think I will win points for creativity. :p

20. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Still time!

21. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Alright ladies and gentlemen, it's time!

The Quiz and it's answers as provided by Bardan_Jusik!
    1. Translate Buy'ce--Helmet
    2. What was the national sport/pastime of the Mandalorians? (Bonus point for giving the answer in Mando'a) -- Limmie/Bolo Ball (Meshgeroya)
    3. Translate Aliit -- Family
    4. Name the Jedi Knight who left the order and became a Mandalorian during the Clone Wars -- Bardan Jusik
    5. From what species does the Mandalorian culture descend and from what planet do they originate? --Taung/Coruscant
    6. Name the two factions that fought the Mandalorian civil war. --Death Watch, True Mandalorians
    7. What Mand'alor eventually overthrew the Imperial hold on the Mandalorian system? --Fenn Shysa
    8. Name Boba Fett's granddaughter. --Mirta Gev
    9. Who provided Boba the serum to halt the clone degeneration? --Jaing Skirata
    10. In the video game, Republic Commando, what was the name of the squad and squad members? --Delta Squad - Boss, Sev, Fixer, and Scorch
    11. When Mara Jade died, what did Boba send to Han? --Chest Armor Plates, a small blade, and a pair of crushgaunts made of proper beskar BONUS - He signed "With Deepest Sympathy'
    12. Who was Mandalore the Preserver? --Canderous Ordo
    13. Who conceived the Supercommando Codex? --Jaster Mereel
    14. When was the first time Mandalorians turned on their long-time allies, the Sith? --New Sith Wars
    15. What Mandalorian swore his revenge for the betrayal of Chernan Ordo at the Battle of Botajef? --Hondo Karr.
    16. What area of Mandalore did Kal Skirata and the others flee to after Order 66? --Kyrimorut
    17. In the first battle against Obi-Wan Kenobi, what exotic weapon did Pre Vizsla use to fight against him? --Darksaber
    18. Who did Jaster Mereel save and later adopted as his own son? --Jango Fett
    19. "Only a son can know his father's heart." Who said this quote? --Boba Fett
    20. Who was the second in command of the Death Watch during the Clone Wars? --Bo Katan

Results:
    BultarSwan: 1/20
    CrazyOldHermit: 2/20
    Mirax Terrik: 2.5/20

Congratulations to Mirax Terrik!

Times Bardan Jusik was used as an answer: 9
    Most entertaining reply: (#10) Death Squad. Bob, George, Boba Fett, Bardan Jusik, Craig, Bill, and Lindsey

Thanks to those who joined in this contest, I'll admit, this quiz was pretty hard. Another quiz should be announced sometime in the next couple of days. Thanks guys!

22. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Congrats Mirax! [:D]

Mirax Terrik and zarkinfrood like this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Congrats Mirax! Guess next time we will have to make it easier for you aruetiise. :p

[​IMG]

Mirax Terrik and zarkinfrood like this.
  24. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Thanks to everyone who took part. :) Mirax is the champion!!!!!!!!!!!

Where were your answers? :p

zarkinfrood and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] He had a copy of the answer sheet. :p

[​IMG]

zarkinfrood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.