main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 24, 2013.

?

What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

1. Sith History

78 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Sith Temple

46 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Sith Army

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Sith Training

45 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Origin of the Red Saber

26 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. New Sith Order : Eliminating the failed Rule of Two.

68 vote(s)
    47.2%
  7. Other

27 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I seriously doubt that. If so, what separates Jedi and Sith on the battlefield? How do they know if they're cutting down an enemy or their buddy? No, it's more likely that Palpatine loves red because of Sith tradition. And even think about the Mortis Son: red lightning. He was waaay pre-Palpatine. There you go.

Episode Swag likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    black robes

3. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Eh. I personally don't like the idea. Palpatine isn't the Ultimate King of the Sith. He didn't invent everything surrounding them. There's no reason the red blade can't be a traditional thing.

4. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I agree with Revanfan, because having Red traditionally associated with the Sith is a good reason for why the Jedi are not seen using Red blades. I was already annoyed by the PT Jedi mostly restricted to green and blue with no good reasoning behind it, however the lack of red blades would make sense if it was already seen as Sith associated even before the Jedi found out about the Sith resurgence.

Episode Swag, kainee and Toonimator like this.
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    There's no proof either way. However, I must ask: Why must Palpatine be a slave to tradition? He doesn't strike me as that type. Can't he think of new things?

6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, why does he have to think of that, of all things? Why red?

7. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    This actually would be very beneficial. They can start off with many entity joustling for position and then through their greed and desire they start killing each other off until their are two. Well actually sounds better as a spin off movie. Star Wars: The Rule of Two!

8. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Well the Dark Side is the Star Wars equivalent of Crystal Meth, hence the aging and the teeth...

9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    A "joke ad" I did awhile back...

Tired of that pearly-white smile? Want to inspire fear in all who look upon you?
    [​IMG]

Hi, I'm Darth Andeddu, with Dark Lord Brand Toothpaste! Here's a testimonial from one our customers:

[​IMG]

"Before, I used to have to resort to treachery and misdirection to advance my evil schemes..."

[​IMG]

"...now, with Dark Lord Brand toothpaste, I utterly terrify into submission all who gaze upon me!"

[​IMG]

That's right, with Dark Lord Brand Toothpaste, you'll never have to hide behind a mask of deceit anymore!
    Call now, operators are standing by to...take care of you

[​IMG]

10. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Christopher Lee had pretty good teeth. Of course, he played vampires in many of his other films and a dentist in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. So he had to have good teeth. [face_laugh]

11. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Changing Sith Eyes. Why does Maul have them permanently? Why doesn't Dooku have them at all? Why Palps/Sids doesn't/does? Why does Vaderkin have them, just to lose them before he fights Obi? This is the BIG unanswered Sith question :p

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it's when a Sith is drawing on their rage or something like that. Darth Maul is always angry. Maybe the ST or Rebels can explain why that is. Maybe he's constipated.

:p

Episode Swag and Echo-07 like this.
  13. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    The origins of Darth Vader's Mask!

14. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    I would say in my opinion...Sith training. We only saw Anakin's fall to the dark, but not training as to how one aspires to be a better Sith. This is one of several reasons why I see Maul as a legitimately viable candidate for a villain position in episode 7. If he doesn't then oh well, but I think it would work. Maul is the perfect example in the canon onscreen media for the development of the ultimate Sith. He started out as a Pain & Gain apprentice who was fighting to survive his master and the rest of the galaxy through hate, even though Sidious never intended for Maul to be more than an apprentice. Then he changed after being bisected and sort of found himself and what it truly meant to aspire to be a lord of the Sith. His evolution as his own master is fascinating, and it remains to be seen if they allow Ray Park to resume the role. I think it would be entertaining and interesting for the movie audience, particularly those who aren't as familiar with the SW universe to see Maul return with his new cybernetic legs/half-lightsaber and completely evolved from the mindless assassin that we saw in Phantom Menace.

Echo-07 and Immortiss like this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'd like them to show how the Sith are able to stop casting announcements from being released.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Disney exec: "The bloggers have our casting news. It's only a matter of time before..."

"Wipe them out... all of them."
    [​IMG]

17. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003

Hopefully they are successful in that unless its relevant.

Regarding the thread, any back story on Sith would be acceptable I think. Except the red saber choice because....no.

18. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    No No Please No. I want new Sith not recycled Sith!

19. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    That's why I used the words "a villain" and not necessarily "main". There is plenty of potential for new Sith in the movies, but there's no reason why Maul couldn't be one of them. Besides, he would be completely different then from what we saw in Ep 1. But I do see the point in introducing new people. If not Ep 7, then maybe a future franchise or spinoff series, definetely one without Kenobi though. That would be aweful!! Maul's personal vendetta against him has been implied to be essentially completed. Kenobi is now potentially a thing of the past, and Maul has presumably moved on from that and has newer & bigger things to worry about....like becoming his own master and throwing off the fear and hold that Sidious has on him, even if he has to die in the process....

20. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Sorry I don't want everybody back in Episode 7. Its time for new stories with new characters. Bring back Han, Luke & Leia as a bridge but that's it.

BTW, how old would Maul be by Episode 7. Didn't Maul already have a storyline in the Clone Wars. So he had his return. Now we have to see that again for all the non Clone Wars fans. That have no clue he's alive or even back.

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I want to see a Sith spirit and to see what the difference there is between it and a Jedi force ghost.

Darth Archimage likes this.
  22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Um, I think its obvious -- the Sith ghosts are red! :p[face_laugh]

Dra--- likes this.
  23. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

Because red is eeeeeevil looking.

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I appreciate the names of all the Sith Lords and the relationship their moniker has in defining the character trait and motivation of each Sith. Please explore Darth Plagueis and the rationale for his name. Why "plague" as the root? Midi-chlorian decimation as a result of an invented virus?

Dra--- and Darth Archimage like this.
  25. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Death Star, step aside ...don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.