main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Texas A&M isn't anywhere near as good as LSU. In fact, they won't be as good as last year with major holes left in their offensive line. Manziel and Texas A&M had their lucky year.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Les Miles is going absolutely nowhere, and he's been a bonehead for his entire career. If they were going to can him, they would have done it after going 8-5 and then 9-4, before they signed him to a massive contract to keep him away from Michigan. They're two years removed from the title game and 34-6 in the last 3 years. Saban won't win the title every year, even if it seems like it now.

3. Yoda_S

Yoda_S Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 1999
    In a pretty big upset North Dakota State has beaten Kansas State 24-21. North Dakota State is the defending FCS champion and KSU the defending Big 12 champ.

Rew likes this.
  4. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    Let the run for a second Heisman begin.

5. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Re Ole Miss: having grown up in Mississippi (unfortunately) and having to listen to all the Mississippi State/Ole Miss hype every year, I'll believe it when I see it as far as Ole Miss being on the rise. The last time they were decent was when Eli Manning was there, and then before that was the 1960s, when Johnny Vaught was the coach and they won the national championship. And believe you me, Ole Miss fans have never forgotten that, and every single year they always talk about how they're gonna win the SEC and return to glory-and they're always serious. It will be interesting to watch the Rebels live up to the hype this season.

Currently watching the Florida/Toledo game. Florida has not been playing down to them, which I am rather relieved about. Florida's big mistake has always been to play less than their potential when facing teams who aren't from the SEC/a powerhouse team, which is how the Sugar Bowl debacle came about. Hopefully they learned their lesson from that.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    William And Mary 17-7 West Virginia at half.

7. Malthael

Malthael Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2012
    North Dakota State is no joke. There's NO team they can't potentially beat, and that includes Alabama.

If Bama had a November lineup of LSU, NDSU, and Auburn, in that order, NDSU can most definitely hand the Tide a big fat L.

8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    And KSU no longer has Klein at QB, so that's not a big shocker.

Yes, there's good football to be had at the FCS level.

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Manziel is so awesome to watch.

s65horsey likes this.
  10. Malthael

Malthael Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2012
    In a couple of weeks, Alabama will turn him into Johnny Boyziel.

11. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Good thing we'll have our starting defense back by then. Course the defense in the second half has been playing inspired. It is crazy the difference Manziel just being allowed to play has made on the Aggie defense.

Edit: Sigh...and then Manziel shows how ridiculously immature he still is. I had hoped some of this would make him grow up.

12. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Johnny d-bag at it again.

darthtenbiscuits likes this.
  13. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    That's just as immature as he is.

Rew likes this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Gotta love Oregon DB headhunting the sliding QB for Nichols St, up 24-0 in the first quarter. Should be thrown out and suspended.

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  15. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    It's not my fault the guy is a d-bag.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    VT just busted a 78 yd TD run on Bama. Don't see that too often.

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, if I ever see that Mack fella from Buffalo again, it'll be too soon. Yikes, that kid was a beast.

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Ted Ginn Jr and Beanie Wells would like you to know that quick, big play touchdowns early in a game are EXACTLY the way to beat a good SEC team ...

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha. If only.

UT up 21-0 on Austin Peay! [face_dancing]

20. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Oregon State's defense is bad and they should feel bad.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This LSU-TCU game is really, really weird.

22. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013

I think Manziel is still wiping his rear with quotes from last year.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Spurrier better have his guys ready, Georgia is gonna be mad as hell after this loss. The ACC is still a dumpster fire, but congrats to Clemson.

Yoda_S and Thrawn1786 like this.
  24. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I was really not expecting Clemson to win that game tonight.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That makes two of us, Rew. From A&M to Georgia to LSU right now, have not been terribly impressed with the SEC defenses today. South Carolina and Alabama look like the two best teams - of course, it's week 1. :p