main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con June 13 –15, 2014

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by banzai, Aug 20, 2013.

1. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
  2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
  3. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I'll be running the MSR2 table/area again, so yeah, I'll def be there...

jedijaysin and banzai like this.
  4. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I'll think about going if Ben does......

Katsu_MaRoy and jedijaysin like this.
  5. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    If Ben goes, I'm not going! :p

Katsu_MaRoy, jedijaysin and FanForced like this.
  6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'll think about not maybe sometimes going.

jedijaysin likes this.
  7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I will be there, but no one will see me until the auction, where they'll be sick of me by the time it's over, and then I'll just be there and no one will see me again...maybe.

8. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    My family enjoyed DCC I and we were not in town for DCCII, so we'll do our best to attend DCC III.

jedijaysin likes this.
  9. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I will be there. I need DCC now. I may or may not have an entourage again.

jedijaysin likes this.
  10. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I'm trying to get my mouse droid to actual work by next year ,hope to see everyone there!!

FanForced likes this.
  11. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Jason, if you get your droid operating or if you just want to display it with the MSR2 and help with the table for a couple hours, I might be able to get you an exhibitor pass. I'm currently in negotiations for passes and the more we have for the droid area the more I can get.

12. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    ***OFFICIAL DCC News from the RMFF August Meeting***

Planning meetings for next year started the week after the con. The exhibit floor will be bigger. The panel rooms will be bigger. We are working on ways to make everything run more efficiently. Panel videos will start going up on YouTube next week.

13. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    That would be awesome! Do you know someone who would be able to help me out with the RC-10T (1980's) RC car (Witch is the chassis of the mouse droid)? I do have newer components like motor and speed control and some other parts but I just don't know how to put them all together?

14. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Jason, be patient, we're trying to set up a droid build day to help with all of that. September seems to be a really busy time for everyone, though. We do have an event on Sat Oct 5th for the NoCo Mini Maker Faire in Loveland. If you're interested let me know. It's sponsored by Make Magazine, the premier mag of electronic hobbyists. Believe me, if you bring your stuff I'm sure someone at the faire can help get you in the right direction. I sent an email to the MSR2 with details, let me know if I need to resend it to you.

15. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    That would be awesome, I'll put it on my calender.

16. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Ill be there to work the table again!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  17. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I missed out on this year's, but I should be able to attend next time around.

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    So...Bruce freakin' Campbell!

QueenHighMistress and PtrsonsZOO like this.
  19. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    I hope I didn't overlook any information about discount tickets or is there a discount?

20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Not that I've seen. The only "discount" that I've seen is if you volunteer in the SW groups' area "The Star Wars Experience" or whatever we're calling it this year, you stand a good chance of getting a pass. That's my plan.

Any updates on that SITH__CHICK or darth_hair?

21. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Either way, my family and I will be there, working the booth and trooping and whatnot.

22. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Got some news on DCC!
    Booth space:
    Our space layout didn’t really work where we were so… They moved us and gave us more space. Instead of being confined to the inside of our 25X80 booth space right behind the kids corral, we are now further in the hall between the Movie Cars and the Umbrella Corp with a 30X80 booth space that our people can bleed into the isles a little since we won’t be near any vendors. Droids will have room to roll and we will have a more comfortable space for lines. Since our space has changed a little we will need to revamp the rough floor plan. Here is a link to the rough layout we have come up with:
    [​IMG]

Passes:
    Last year we got few passes per group for free and after some trading and loaning it got a bit chaotic. This year, passes will cost $25 each and to get that price you must commit to at least 2 hours at the booth. This will make each person accountable for their badge and allow each person to enjoy the con and be able to get away from the booth. They cannot be traded or loaned. They will be for official members only of the Rebel Legion, Mando Mercs, R2 Builders, Far Away Creations, 501st and RMFF. I’ll need a head count for each group to start getting an idea of how many we will need total.
    Kim (sithchick) will be handling the schedule for all groups with a Google Doc.

Load in:
    We can load in on Thursday between 5-9 PM and return on Friday at 8-10 AM. Load out will be Sunday after the con. I have been told numerous times, we must be able to set everything up in the 6 hours we have been given.

I’ll post more details as I get them.

corran_r9 likes this.
  23. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I am in :) ....and committed to the booth.

24. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Man, this year is going to be tough. Abby has a dance residle on the Saturday Afternoon of the con. Also she has to go to the pre dance residle thing on Friday. So it is looking like we will be able to get there Saturday evening for the Auction and be there on Sunday. I am really bummed out as I want to go to DCC but I think it is more important that I support Abby and her dance. Just really bad timing this year.

corran_r9 likes this.
  25. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    I'm in again as well, worked the booth for a good majority of the day Friday and Saturday last year and had a blast! Ill sign up whenever the Google Doc link is posted!