main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    According to my ready-calculator, the width of the regular octagon should be 1327.817 metres plus.

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Once I get to my destination i will draw out with measurements the general floorplan... until then I am calling an end to this discussion

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Blarghz, geometry. The only reason I passed that at high school was because the teacher liked me since I wasn't jerk like the rest of the class >.> I don't need to see discussions about it in my RPz!

More swoosh-swooshing of lightsabers in my opinion!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  4. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    No lightsaber to swoosh :( Just a ship, it swooshes too

Sarge221 likes this.
  5. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    *bows and then goes to meditate upon a reply*

BultarSwan likes this.
  6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    We'll have to rectify this ;)

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    No offense, but the Temple looks a lot like a Forerunner structure from Halo.

8. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    That might be true. I don't know if that was commissioned or taken from a stock picture or not.

Personally I like the look of it regardless.

9. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I believe you are correct... we've been using it for years

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
  11. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Ok... about the Temple... I will admit that my original estimation was based on a miscalculation... however I am going to stick with my GM ruling from before. I will update the wiki article on the Temple to match the corrected information.

12. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    BultarSwan

If I may share a story…

Once when I was just a small boy we had an overnight guest who upon leaving bent down and whispered to me from beneath his hood a few simple words that would forever change my life. Even though I did not understand them, I carried them with me and would often repeat them silently in my heart, when I was alone.
    Not long after that as I was walking by myself in the countryside I came to a bridge and as I made my way across, while repeating the words, I spontaneously asked to no one in particular, “Is that True?”
    Suddenly, I felt the borders between my body and the outer world begin to melt away and immediately began to experience that I was everywhere all at once- and always had been. I was still me, but also the bridge, the river, the clouds and the all the space in between. This was accompanied by a causeless joy as well as a great affection and compassion for all.
    This first experience marked the threshold of a new life and frequently whenever I would again pose this question the experience would return. Soon afterwards I was fully convinced by these experiences that no form of conventional living would ever fulfill me. I also kept these occurrences to myself, feeling that one day I would be given the opportunity to speak of them, but that now was not the time.
    But ironically at the same time I felt a sort of deep anguish and emptiness. Intuition told me something was still missing. And that something would teach me to give myself more fully somehow, but I did not know how or when this was going to happen.
    As these feelings intensified, through a set of seemingly unrelated circumstances, I ended up in a far away and unfamiliar place and while walking on a road felt the need to stop and turn myself towards the building nearest to where I stood. The structure appeared to be a Temple of some sort, and its architecture mysteriously seemed to illuminate all of the space that surrounded it. It was breathtaking.
    While looking at it I felt a tremendous peace and somehow knew that I had found some part of what I had been unconsciously searching for and then noticed that the beings going in and out of the Temple were dressed just as the stranger had been who had stayed in our home.
    As I stood and stared, I felt a recognizable presence approaching me from behind. Before I could turn, a hooded figure leaned over my shoulder, and I heard a familiar voice softly say…“Do you remember what I said to you?”
    “All is One, and that One …is the Force.” …he smiled at my reply and beckoned me inside and shyly I followed. After entering we approached a robed female to whom he spoke, “Grand Master, this boy is most probably hopeless…but he has traveled a great distance to come here.”
    Saying this, he placed his hand gently on my shoulder and I noticed that they both quickly smiled at each other, then he said, “What do you and the others advise?”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Greetings Everyone-

Please forgive my writing skills which are a bit rusty from limited use and maybe more importantly,
    lack of talent. :)

Discovering the Jedi Council Forum in the last couple weeks has been a real gift for me. Little did I know that such a SW-Utopia for fans existed where they could discuss and expand on the saga limited only by their imaginations. The love the members have for the SW universe seems to create a collective harmony that is easily observable on almost every page.

I’ve been living in Northern India for the last 12 years in a meditative community. As you might guess, my love for the saga and the Jedi has been strongly influenced by the similarities it shares with eastern mysticism. Many of the qualities which we are encouraged to cultivate run parallel with the code and beliefs of the Jedi. The reason I want to become a Jedi is that I believe that my real life and the life of a Jedi can complement and support each other, a life of selfless service to others while simultaneously deepening my own knowledge and inner experience of the Force.

This is also what makes SW an even greater treat, since it has become a good fit as a wholesome hobby and personal companion for the inner-life, and not a distraction.

Please know that I am almost a complete neophyte in regards to the EU and this is also the first time for me to participate in a forum or RPG. I have recently read the book The Jedi Path and very much enjoyed it.

I would be honored to have the opportunity to become a Padawan of the Guardians of Light Jedi Order if extended such an invitation.

In Gratitude-

Ananta Chetan

Mitth_Fisto, BookExogorth and Falcon like this.
  13. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Very well written Ananta. I enjoyed reading it. Thank-you for sharing. :)

Ananta Chetan

14. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Was up nice and early in RL so I threw together a short and sweet post. Hope it is okay :)

15. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I liked it. Though I currently can't reply to it myself.

16. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Well that's what happens when you leave the planet that everyone's on! <.<

BultarSwan and CPL_Macja like this.
  17. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    It was perfect... Tagged you. :)

And welcome to the GoL Ananta Chetan!

For those in space, Cam is a Jedi Ace so hopefully she can come play with you guys soon.

Runjedirun likes this.
  18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Everyone's too cool for the library, I see how it is.

:p

19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The library would be cooler if Alec wasn't stealing books from there. ;)

[​IMG]

BultarSwan likes this.
  20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    'Twas only one book and I doubt any Padawans needed it because......there were none! Okay like...two but point still stands.

And Mandalorians can't read so they have no use for it <.<

BultarSwan and CPL_Macja like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  22. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

I have no idea what I am laughing at. After all I am just a Mando and can't read what you posted. :p

[​IMG]

24. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    But now it's your fault no one will hang out with me :( book-stealer!

:p

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    No, it's your fault you retreated to the library when everyone else was being social. :p

OK, so Taab isn't being social, but is that really a surprise? ;)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.