main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Will we hear any major book announcements from Del Rey in the next month or so?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Sep 1, 2013.

?

What books do you want Del Rey to announce in the near future at NYCC perhaps?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2013.
  1. Sword of the Jedi will still come out in 2014 if not 2015

68.4%
  2. Paul Kemp's duology

34.2%
  3. Tim Zahn's Maestro trilogy

42.1%
  4. More Big 3 Classic era or set shortly after Jedi books

23.7%
  5. The first few books set during the sequel trilogy

21.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I love surfing the internet. I'm on it 80% percent of the day or when I have free time? Why? Because I keep looking for news on any new and upcoming SW novels being announced. But it's been frustating to go on the net only especially TF.N or Star wars books on Facebook to find no news on any future books like Sword of the Jedi or Paul Kemp's forever mysterious duology. If it's still happening. Del Rey will be at New York Comic Con this October. I wonder what suprises if any DR has in store for us? Will we hear news if Sword of the Jedi or Paul Kemp's duology is still hapening or will they announce a new trilogy from Tim Zahn perhaps his Maestro trilogy with the first book about Thrawn and the Chiss,the second with Mara Jade and Vader and the third another adventure with the Hand of Judgement or any new books from Troy Denning or James Luceno or Matt Stover or even this may be far fetched some books set during the sequel trilogy like novelizations or bridge novels or any novels coming in 2014 or 2015? Or even more Classic Trilogy Big 3 novels or even more Big 3 books set shortly after Jedi coming in 2014 or 2015?

How about another Big 3 novel with another Thrawn vs. Nuso Esva war by Tim Zahn set shortly after ROTJ coming in 2014 or 2015?

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I vote for SOTJ and Kemp's books. I want to find out if they're cancelled–if they are, fine! But the not knowing is killing me.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Yes, it is quite a slow death.

Cancerous Literatus.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Who are we, Richard Bachman?

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Where's the annual super-awesome-standalone?:(

cdgodin and Gorefiend like this.
  6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    You mean next year's, right? Because Kenobi fills that slot this year. :p

If there isn't a book on the level of Plagueis or Kenobi next year, I'll be peeved.

GrandMasterKatarn and Rew like this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Already come out in the form of Star Wars Kenobi?

(now if only my copy would despatch.... [face_waiting] )

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ...guys, the topic's about "future" announcements.:p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    In that case, you're right. We absolutely must have a book in 2014 that is standalone and awesome. Having the main character's name as the title is optional.

Edit: Maybe the awesome standalone will be Schrieber's Maul book. I doubt it but maybe he's a better author than we give him credit for.

10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    [​IMG]

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hope we get something on SOTJ soon.

mes520 likes this.
  12. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Screw that I want the Cole Fardreamer book. It should discard the "Galactic Mechanic" subtitle though and be a prequel to The New Rebellion in the western genre depicting his early days on Tatooine, aping the Schofield Kid from Unforgiven.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Cole Fardreamer is in 2nd place.

14. AlyxDinas

AlyxDinas Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2010
    I want SOTJ and I want it to be such of it's own thing, Han Solo/Lando adventure style that I can still enjoy it.

15. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm sure we'll be getting lots of exciting information in the next month or so, if you count this as exciting information:

"We have lots of exciting news about our upcoming release that we can't wait to share with you once the time is right! I've read all the manuscripts and was simply amazed by how high the quality was! Meanwhile please keep buying all our current releases!"

16. LightsaberAccident

LightsaberAccident Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 26, 2013
    Well I'm convinced!!!!!!!!

*gives Del Rey a million dollars

17. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Even though there will be a sequel trilogy and many bridge novels and lead in novels accompanying it. I hope there will be a massive post-FOTJ hardcover standalone and/or trilogy that will deal with and eventually wrap up the adventures of Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Ben Skywalker and the adult Allana Solo. If they won't be in the ST then their futures should definitely be told in future hardcover standalones and trilogies post-FOTJ.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    SOTJ or otherwise.

19. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I can't help but wonder if we'd have already gotten info on a few more post-FOTJ books were it not for the sequel trilogy putting their post-FOTJ plans on standby. Mercy Kill showed that they're OK with the idea of not every new latest-in-the-novel-timeline book being the continuing adventures of the main cast. Who knows what else they had in store? Something with Rogue Squadron?

20. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    If they have more book slots that have not been given titles then it's possible. But it sounds like they might have only had as many slots as they have announced books if their contract runs through 2014 -- you've got the Maul novel, Sword of the Jedi trilogy, Kemp duology, and the Big 3 OT era trilogy. With the Leia book slated for this year, that's eight books for 2014 -- unless the Del Rey contract runs through 2015?

21. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope they announce Imperial Commando II, rumored to be written by Stover. We've been hearing about for a while, from CVI and other places.

22. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I'd love to see Stover's Imperial Commando II, if only to see the Fandalorian meltdown when they find out it's a giant troll/deconstruction of the Travissverse.

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I was under the impression (at least from Luke Skywalker & the Shadows of Mindor) that he respected Traviss enough to give her the credit with respect to the use of Mando'ade.

Now- while he might deconstruct some facets of it, I can't see him just wrecking the whole thing.

GrandMasterKatarn and Revanfan1 like this.
  24. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah. He even asked her for some help with the language, as I recall. He did a wonderful job writing Fenn Shysa and that's why I want him to write ImpCom II. He'd do a really, really great job and I think even if he killed off some beloved characters what he'd do in the end would be far better than getting nothing.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Indeed.

That said, what I really want to see in it is Callista's mission to deal with the Eye of Palpatine. I suspect a Stover version of that plot would be good stuff.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.