main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    What'd he do to tick her off?

2. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I'm sure what she did was out of line and uncalled for but... his face right after is hilarious.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

He wrecked her man (the 6 truck) at the end of the race. I guess it could be her brother, but unlikely.

That was Bill Elliott's kid who won the race, on a cool note.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Man oh man, has the move to Penske been great for Joey Logs. He's been great this year in the double deuce.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That was a crazy end to the Truck Race. 6-8 drivers ticked at each other, that slap on Papis (couldn't believe it when I saw it and I saw it on the broadcast) and it is reported on ESPN that Papis has a dislocated jaw from that.

6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Dislocated jaw?! He should press charges.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I didn't think the slap was that bad...

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Is a dislocated jaw from a slap even possible?

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If you smack somebody hard enough it's possible (especially if the person slapping is bigger than the person being smacked), but I didn't think that slap was that hard enough. I wonder if maybe something happened during the crash and the slap just did the rest?

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Still seems really bizarre. Maybe. Hard to say.
    The National Anthem by Ernie Haase & Signature Sound has to one of the best National Anthems I have ever heard.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  12. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    Force Smuggler and Juliet316 like this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The race to the Chase is over.
    Matt Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Carl Edwards, Joey Logano, Greg Biffle, Kasey Kahne, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Kurt Busch and Clint Bowyer will be racing for the Championship.
    Did Carl Edwards jump the final restart last night? Did Clint Bowyer intentionally spin last night to help give Truex a chance to get into the Chase and keep Ryan Newman, Jeff Gordon, and others out?

14. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    This whole deal with MWR is going to be big. Personally I'm very upset over it and if NASCAR just ignores it then I'm done. I'll just go watch F1 is this what it's going to turn into.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm hoping Bowyer is removed from the Chase if this true. Not much you can do about Truex I don't think. Newman and Gordon deserve to be in the Chase. I am a Gordon fan and while it wasn't directed at Gordon but Newman I think Bowyer knew Gordon was somewhere on the bubble and wanted to help throw a curveball in Jeff's chances after what happened at Phoenix last year.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think it's likely that Bowyer spun on purpose, but it will be impossible to prove. Sounds like he and his chief were talking in code, something like his "arm itching." Not terribly surprised, Waltrip himself doesn't give his team much to look to when it comes to being clean.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Press Conference on NASCAR.com at 8:15 pm tonight to discuss the situation.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That is pretty shocking.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Completely right call, or should Bowyer be removed from the Chase as well, seeing as his spinout started the chain of events that lead to this whole mess.

Personally I think it's Bowyer that should have been booted as well. I feel bad for Vickers because from reading everything thus far, it sounds like he was completely clueless to what was happening.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Newman should have taken Bowyer's spot, I dont understand only punishing Truex.

Bowyer and his team should be taken to the cleaners.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, there's a lot of that sentiment going around (as well as putting Gordon in the Chase to replace Bowyer), but there's also a lot of MWR apologists who claim MWR are the 'victims' here and that Truex got 'screwed'

*headdesk*

24. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    My only issue now is how there's still no penalty for Bowyer. 50 pre-reset points means literally nothing.

Force Smuggler and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    Watching Bowyer dance around admitting he spun on purpose on Sportscenter today was painfully awkward. And that was before Ricky Craven let him know what he thought.

On a slightly related note, I love Ricky Craven. Always have, he is one of the smartest people in racing.