main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. kommando104

kommando104 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2013
    Everything looks okay for Cain, Bravo. I was going to have him trade up to one of the Mercs X-wings at the earliest opportunity however. I don't know if you want to add that to the roster or not since I don't even know when that opportunity will present itself.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    You can add Beskaryc Taab to the list of reserve/shuttle pilots if you want. Especially if the Crusader is going to be hanging around. His call sign would be Ironhand.

[​IMG]

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Ironhand? How appropriate :) nice call sigh Bardan :)

mine looks good for my character :)

4. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005
    I haven't decided on a call-sign for Kilo yet, but I'll figure one out soon enough.

So what is the protocol when it comes to NPC's? Do we just get to use them somewhat freely, or what?

Just curious. I'm itching to post but have no idea what to do [face_laugh]

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
  6. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005
    Oh no, I'm not planning anything right now, I was just looking at the list of characters on the last page and realized how many NPCs there are.

Thanks anyways. I appreciate it. :)

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Are we getting tractor beams installed on the Johnny Boy?

That PC or NPC running the TIE fighter, how are we getting his ship in and out?

8. kommando104

Apr 27, 2013
    This is probably a stupid question, but why would the TIE fighter require a tractor beam to get in and out of Johnny Boy?

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Standard procedure for the ship without any type of landing gear, is for Star Destroyers, or Imperial Garrisons to launch TIEs by tractoring them from inside the hangar to the outside, where the pilot will engage their engines, and vice versa.

In hindsight, this means I was wrong about the DD. Despite none of the stats mentioning tractors, she must have at least an internal one to launch her TIEs.

10. kommando104

Apr 27, 2013
    Actually, don't most imperial hangers have docking scaffolding raised above the deck for TIEs so they don't have to land on the deck? If that's the case, then a) the DD might not have internal tractor beams and b) could be a solution to the problem with the Merc hanger. Just put in some form of scaffolding for the TIE to dock to so the solar panels don't have to touch the deck.

11. kommando104

Apr 27, 2013
    According to Wookieepedia on the subject of TIEs and landing.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/LN_starfighter

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Far as I know, the tractor picks the TIE off the scaffolding.

I have not seen anything to indicate that a TIE has more than an ion engine at the back, and steering flaps or baffles to direct the ion flow for steering. So based on evidence, it can go forwards and steer. Not seen anything to suggest a TIE can hover or has repulsors, so scaffold releases it, it crashes to the deck.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Prefabricated_garrison_base

A hangar tractor tends to be present to move ships around without having to fly them within the hangar; push wrecked ships out into space; might as well use it on the TIEs too.

The Johnny Boy hangar is a fairly compact affair. Actually, ignore me. We had a previous plot where Liam Vehn grabbed an experimental TIE from the Block.

I have no idea how he parked it on the JB, or where it went, so my query does not matter.

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith, your right on the TIEs and tractor beams. I am pretty sure Marauder-class Corvettes come with tractor beams...if they don't, I'll get one installed before the Johnny Boy flies IC. I think as a matter of function, we sometimes either accidentally or purposefully ignore the shortcomings of facts in relation to craft function. I know we had a TIE Interceptor piloted one time by WildWookiee years ago in this game...and I never thought about asking about landing gear. In all honesty, landing gear is one of those things with starfighters that you just expect to be there...with TIEs, however, that is not the case. So thank you for your attention to detail and I will address the issue tomorrow (Sunday).

The TIEs we don't have in our possession yet IC, so they will have to be acquired either through this mission, through the DD's stock, or through another means before the NPCs fly the TIEs. And as a matter of frustration, I have to admit I am shocked at the slowness of a Alpha class V-wing starfighter. I thought they would be faster, not 75 MGLT. Hence why the modification...which I will also have to explain how to got the V-Wing IC.

Sith, how much attachment do you have to one of those ISDs in reserve? In the event that the Mercs would lure a ISD into a trap, conduct a hostile takeover with Jod assistance...could we maybe find a prized V-Wing as a "fun toy" by one of those ISD captains and a few TIEs we could acquire? I think acquiring a whole ISD would be far fetched to say the least with our forces, so a quick takeover of vital ship functions to lock the crew into their departments and decks, space the stormtrooper garrison levels, and conduct a fake reactor leak alarm to launch an evacuation via escape pods (probably in a different order; all tactics I've read off of Wookieepedia and other SW websites over the years by the way used by the Rebel Alliance) should take care of most of the crew. We gather what we can afford to take in terms of supplies and equipment, rig the ship, and use her to lure the other ISDs into a trap using her distress signal. The other two ISDs get in range, we blow the reactor and at least have a chance to either damage the ISDs or take one of them out, and vap a large portion of their starfighter and shuttle compliments in checking out the ISD distress signal. Sound like a workable idea?

EDIT: And I believe that TIE Advanced x1 your referencing has been lost to RPG limbo for the time being...I totally forgot about it until you brought it up in fact. However, come to think about it, in Force Unleashed 1&II, Vader's TIE Advanced x1 seems to land just fine on its wings. So maybe the TIE Advanced (and not TIE Fighters) are better at landing without assistance maybe?

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I just got a PM. Evidence to show that other players do read our stuff. Yay! [face_dancing]

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, Sith, the JB does have tractor beam projectors...

16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    A Leroy Jenkins reference! [face_rofl] ^:)^ Sith-I-5

[​IMG]

17. kommando104

Apr 27, 2013

Second. I woke up my dog.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thanks Guys.

I had that set up from the moment I named the commander, Captain Jenkins.

Bravo, Lieutenant Zotoman is 28. Is that an average age for a navy lieutenant?

For my three Star Destroyers, while I want to preserve the Admiral Thaw character, the Prestige and Resolute have served the Empire faithfully in another game, so I don't mind them perishing here - they've had a good innings, as the saying goes - but I am not having them hold the Idiot Ball to fit in with your plot. Rather than take away any tension by deciding the outcome here, why not play it like your troops trying to take Captain Sard; the Jod and Mercs take your best shots, and the Imperial Navy will react accordingly.

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_dancing]sweet

I see Greenie shouldn't have boarded the Delinquent. tsk tsk

SWBob likes this.
  20. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    After all hes done for the mercs. :p

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    which is a few TIEs at best :p

22. kommando104

Apr 27, 2013
    He also managed to piss off Fress by hitting on her. Don't forget that. ;)

Falcon likes this.
  23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    oh I haven't [face_mischief] [face_devil]:D[face_mischief] [face_devil]

Maybe I should have the JOD keep them company until the background checks are run [face_thinking] now they're at my mercy as well as the JOD just by landing without permission :p

I'm going to have some fun with this newest development, can't wait to write up a reply :D

SWBob, tyratoku

SWBob likes this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    So I can leave this in your capable hands? :p

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    post is up and we'll see [face_mischief]

If I leave them to you, they may not survive the encounter :p