main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Funniest Moment in the Saga...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by d_arblay, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    TPM: when Qui-Gon tries to use jedi mid tricks on Watto, and when he catches Jar Jar tongue
    AOTC: Too many here. I'm quite surprised no one mentions when Obi-Wan tells Anakin he's going to be the death of him, the whole banter in the club is funny, and I always laugh at Christopher Lee's delivery of his lines esp when he tells viceroy that Padme will die. Or when he tells Obi Wan that they gone to far
    ROTS: the constant banter between Obi-wan and Anakin. Yoda effortlessly throws the guard to the wall. Nice to see some light hearted humor in such a depressing film.
    ANH: I find your lack of faith disturbing Han Solo: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you? and Tarkin: Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
    ESB: Vader killing Ozzel its frieghting and hilrious at the same time the look on Piett face is priceless he foesn't know whether to e happy or scared. The death of captain Needa. when we first meet Yoda, I'm simply altering the deal pray I don't alter any further
    ROTJ: Luke: There's nothing to see. I used to live here, you know. Han Solo: You're gonna die here, you know. Convenient. Han Solo: Good. How far is it? Ask him... We need some fresh supplies too... Try and get our weapons back... Hurry up, will ya? Haven't got all day!

2. kainee

kainee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2012
    Here are some that haven't been added yet:
    • TPM: The look on Padme's face when she finds out about Qui-Gon's insane scheme on betting on Anakin to win and that Anakin had never finished much less placed in a pod race, Qui-Gon pointing sternly at Anakin, who had popped up eagerly from his cockpit seat at the sight of them, and Anakin sitting down quietly in response to Qui-Gon's wordless order to stay put
    • AotC: The "aggressive negotiations" exchange between Anakin and Padme, Anakin explaining that they came to save Obi-wan when asked about how he ended up at the arena with Padme and Obi-wan's sarcastic "good job" in response to it
    • RotS: Obi-wan waking up just as Anakin has gotten them all dangling precariously over an abyss and asking if he's missed anything, the whole exchange between Obi-wan and Anakin trying to out-humble each other just to get out of having to talk to the media/paparazzi
    • ANH: Obi-wan's retort about fools to Han, the whole exchange Vader has with Leia becomes humorous in retrospect when you know about the revelations of RotJ
    • TESB: The whole exchange that Han has with Lando about the Empire and deals, Han's reaction upon being greeted with the sight of Darth Vader seated at the head of a table awaiting their arrival (also counts as a badass moment for both Han and Vader for bonus points)
    • RotJ: Han asking "Boba Fett? Where?" and accidentally hitting him right in the rocket booster, Lando being grabbed by the Sarlacc tentacle and finding out Han's still blind but Han still going ahead to aim for the tentacle (and hitting it too!), Han distracting a stormtrooper on Endor by totally doing the schoolyard trick of tapping them on the one shoulder and running away in the other direction

Force Smuggler and Darth Raiden like this.
  3. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Watching ROTS at the moment, and a few sprang to mind.
    "Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our speciality." Such an ironic line.
    Similar to kainee above, the comment Obi-Wan makes that he "isn't brave enough for politics."
    "I know they don't trust you." "Or the Republic. Or the Senate. Or democracy for that matter!" always makes me chuckle.
    "It's not a story the Jedi would tell you." Heh.
    "Then we can only hope that Master Kenobi is up to the challenge." Perhaps this in untentionally funny, but it seems humourous to me. The Jedi get totally outplayed.
    "You clones make terrible Jedi." from the deleted scenes.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  4. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    I forgot about that one, quite funny indeed. I almost forgot when Palpatine and his associate talk about how Padme would have given him emergency powers in front of poor Jar Jar. And then the whole speech shortly after when he says *I love democracy, I love the Republic*

5. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    In my best Obi-Wan voice.... "Possibly"

6. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Oh, there's so many!

ANH:
    -"Weapon's malfunction"
    -3PO getting huffy with R2

ESB:
    -"Mudhole?! Slimey!? My home, this is!" The whole back and forth is funny, but that's probably my favorite part. It brings me to tears from laughing every time.
    -Han and Leia telling 3PO to shut up at the same time
    -"Not entirely stable? I'm glad you're here to tell us these things. Chewie, take the professor in the back and plug him into the hyperdrive."
    -3PO interrupting Han and Leia's moment
    -Leia: "Would it help if I got out and pushed?" Han: "It might!"
    -Han smacking the Falcon to get it to start

RotJ:
    -Han's impatience
    -Han telling the Ewok to get the spear out of his face
    -Lando breaking the sensor dish off of the Falcon after he promised not to get a scratch on it

TPM:
    -Qui-Gon catching Jar Jar's tongue

AotC:
    -Obi-wan's sarcastic reply to being "rescued"

RotS:
    -R2 shocking the Super Battle Droid, then getting kicked in retaliation
    -"flying half a ship"
    -Anakin and Obi-wan arguing in that code about which escape manoeuvre to use.

7. AT-AT Walker

AT-AT Walker Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2013
    I forget Han's dialog but this cracks me up every time:

Leia: I am NOT a committee!

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  8. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    Can't believe this one skipped my mind but when 3PO is rattling and Han says "Shut him up or shut him down."

9. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    In ROTS when Obi-Wan is on Utapau, he jumps down right in the middle of like a thousand battle droids and says, "hello there" with a little grin on his face. For some reason that just makes me laugh.
    Also, at the beginning of the film, when Grievous says, "ah yes, 'The Negotiator', General Kenobi! And Anakin Skywalker...I was expecting someone with your reputation to be a little...older!" Anakin replies, "General Grievous, you're shorter than I expected."

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I always laugh during ANH, when C3PO says "Filthy creatures!" when the Jawas start harassing the landspeeder. Then also when he tells Artoo to play the message he's carrying inside his rusty innards!

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi scum.
    Try not to upset him Anakin, we have a job to do.

12. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I like it when Han and C-3PO are bickering on Endor in ROTJ.

13. ARAJediMaster

ARAJediMaster Jedi Knight

May 11, 2013

Um, “-Anakin and Obi-wan arguing in that code about which escape manoeuvre to use.” I don’t remember Anakin and Obi-Wan arguing in “a code” in Episode III at all. I do remember that there was a scene where they are in the elevator and it stops before they reach the Chancellor.

SCENE: INT. ELEVATOR
    (The car stops)
    OBI-WAN: Did you press the stop button?
    ANAKIN: No, did you?
    OBI-WAN: No.
    ANAKIN: Well there’s more than one way out of here.
    (uses lightsaber to cut a hole in the ceiling)
    OBI-WAN: We don’t want to get out, we want to get moving. (into comlink) R2, activate the elevator, number 31174.

INT. HANGAR
    (R2 is hiding behind canisters from the Super Battle Droids. He wedges his way back even further)
    OBI-WAN: (off screen) Come in R2.
    SUPER BATTLE DROID 1: What that?
    OBI-WAN: (o.s.) R2, do you copy? Activate the elevator number (muffled) 31174.
    SUPER BATTLE DROID 2: Get back to work. That nothing.
    OBI-WAN: (o.s.) (muffled) Activate the elevator, number 31174.

INT. ELEVATOR
    OBI-WAN: R2, we—(the metal from the hole Anakin has created falls in front of him)
    (Anakin leaps out)
    OBI-WAN: (sighs) Always on the move.

Anyway, that’s what I think you were thinking. Was I right?

14. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    It was in the deleted scene. Sorry, probably should have said that.

15. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    Actually, the part where Han says "Hurry up! I haven't got all day" to C3-P0 in ROTJ after making a list of endless demands is comedy gold. Threepio's as-always inanimate facial expression, at that moment, seems just too perfect for words.

Garrett Atkins likes this.
  16. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    "I don't like sand..."

17. Solent

Solent Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2001
    I got the idea he´s just saying the first thing that went through his mind without realizing how silly it is, but hey, he had Portman in a bareback dress a few centimeters from him, so I think he can be allowed some silly thoughts.

Spanish only: the fireplace scene in AotC. The translation has the double meaning of Anakin´s reaction to Padmé´s proximity being somehow more physical.

TPM: QGJ´s small smile after Padmé reveal herself, along with OB1´s looking slightly ashamed. I´d say only one of them had guessed the truth...

Not SW but related: in one of the first episodes of Transformers Prime 2nd season, we get a repeat of Han´s prison block radio conversation (including a main character facepalming when he realizes what the other is saying)... but here it works.

18. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Don't get me wrong. That line was poetry compared to some of the stupid verbiage that has sputtered from my mouth when I've been nervous around women. The difference is this one actually worked on her. Hilarious.

19. Derek4799

Derek4799 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2013
    Whos scruffy looking?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. Solent

Solent Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2001
    Did it? Considering how she dresses around him I think her subconcious had already made up its mind way before that. Otherwise I doubt any words would have stopped her from kicking him where it hurts when he started caressing her - that was way too soon, they should have showed the field scene before.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  21. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I do like the part when Luke and Han are argueing over their plan as they take Chewie to the detention block in ANH. When the elevator door opens and they're facing the wrong way always gets a laugh....it shows just had badly thought out their plan was haha

22. PTRULES

PTRULES Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2013
    Any scene Jar Jar is in. Comic Gold!!!

23. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    Jar Jar: Mesa spek!
    Qui Gon: The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

When the council tests Anakin's ability in the Force. The look Windu and Yoda give each other "yeah, this kid

3PO: For a mechanic you seem to do an excessive amount of thinking.
    R2:.....
    3PO: I am programmed to understand humans!
    R2:.....
    3PO: What does that mean? It means I am in charge here!

Dooku: Master Kenobi, you disappoint me. Yoda holds you in such high esteem!
    Dooku: Surely you can do better!

Anakin: What happened?
    Obi Wan: Well, R2 was...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi Wan: I didn't say anything!

Dooku: Your swords please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the chancellor.

The look on Sidious after Yoda force pushes him behind his desk. Like how in Gods name did this little green thing become so powerful?!

Sidious hanging on to his pod, struggling to get up, cackling like an old man "ehh, ehhh!" Imagine how infuriating that must have been to Yoda after giving everything he's got, and this guy is still laughing!

Windu: "Chancellor Palpatine, are you alright?" Not a funny line, but the acting is so dry you can't help but laugh.

Anakin: The chancellor won't give up his powers, he's a Sith Lord. (so matter of factly delivered)
    Windu: A SITH LORD? (are you frigging kidding me son!)

24. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Funniest by far is Jar Jar zapping his tongue in the power coupling. I laugh like a little kid every time

25. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    If we go by how much I laughed, my winner is the moment when Jar Jar addresses the senate and says: "Senators, dellow felagates..."

And I'm glad nobody mentioned the ass zap.