main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Put me down as a volunteer if and only if you do not get three without me please.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Despite my earlier offer, I think I will leave this to those with the passion and vision for the event. I know you will all do a great job.

3. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    You can put me down for a volunteer Sey. ;)

BultarSwan, Runjedirun and ma_petite like this.
  4. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I will volunteer. :)

s65horsey and BultarSwan like this.
  5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Actively on hiatus due to relocation difficulties. . .just able to log on here first time for nearly a week and replied pronto here.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  6. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Do you have an aid who you could help you out?

7. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    Like Robimus said, maybe make the awards a little less group-specific and more general?

Instead of "Most likely to be Mandalore for the rest of his days" (We know everyone will vote for Bardan)

Something like: "Most likely to become a Senator in real-life" (whoever the people vote for)

8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    See, I'm just slightly confused about the whole discussion over the past couple days. The 'Mandalore' question seems to be exactly what the EUC User Awards is aiming for based upon the discussion we have had. As s65Horsey mentioned, apparently one user used to win the same award every year and that was part of the fun.

It seems to me that the goal of reworking the questions is to make them specific to current EUC'ers, as opposed to more vague. The end result being that the questions will be very familiar to the current users who already take part, but perhaps difficult for newer users to pick up on so far as some of the in jokes go and such.

I even took part in the last couple of these Awards deals I think, not really getting it.

I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around the concept, but that's alright.:p

9. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Well, S65horsey did ask for volunteers. You could join the selection process and work out your concepts of how it ought to be, or how it ought not to be, with the others. That way we get a mix of perspectives, and perhaps we can work out something a bit better. I'll be honest, I'm not sure I fully understand exactly what you're trying to say. But maybe by working with a small group, you guys could cooperate to conceptualize a better standard and layout for how our awards should run, both for those that are fond of their inside jokes, and for those who want the awards to be more accessible for others.

I really actually want everyone to get involved. I think, Robimus, you said you'd leave the selection for those with a passion for it. But I think you're a problem solver, and since we all agree that the awards need to see a change, this might be a perfect thing for you to contribute to if you're willing.

Also, reading through this, I can't help but feel that my own words come off slightly condescending. I wish I was better at this, because I don't mean it that way at all. I genuinely think you have something to offer, and I for one would like your help.

That goes for General Valerian, and anyone else who would like to add to this selection process.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We should do Episode VII themed ones:

Most likely to storm out of the cinema during Episode VII
    Most likely to cheer if Luke Skywalker is killed
    Most likely to swoon after Ben Skywalker if Zac Efron is cast as him

11. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    That would be cool too Sinre. :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Can I win the last one of them? :D

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    That last one is made for you Addie. :p

[​IMG]

14. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Here is where I'm coming from. I have run these awards darn near close to once a year for the last 6 years. I have never had such a low response to them and I have never had such a varied response. The reason I didn't cull anyone from the lists is because when I tallied up the nominations there weren't a lot of repeats. That is actually counterproductive to the concept of the awards. The nominations should be able to be reduced to around 4 users. If I had done that this time I would have just had to randomly pick people. That has never happened in the past when I've run the awards. It has always been pretty apparent on at least three people, if not four getting several nominations from others.The awards where there are a couple specific users that it can apply to I could have reduced to 4 people on the ballot and any one of those plus a few others could have and have won that award before.

My hypothesis is that the awards set we're using doesn't work for the users we have.

15. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    The only problem here is that the awards are so specific, new users who would like to become involved on it will have a lot of trouble getting the hang of it. I think that's what Robimus is trying to say.

16. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    That's why we're creating new ones. The old ones were specific to users who are no longer posting here.

BultarSwan likes this.
  17. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Exactly, so the new ones will be better.

18. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Not at all.

Thats very kind, but I must decline at this time.

19. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Understood. Thank you for your input regardless.

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Not at this time.

Although for one specific to whom I represent: Most likely to be left speechless at chiss in EP VII

s65horsey likes this.
  21. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Okay, Mitth. Good to know.

Chiss?! :eek:

22. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Thank you for taking the time to come up with an award! I hope everything is ok! [:D]

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Just homeless is all, but dutifully looking for a place ;) Hopefully things will work out soon. Saw a nice van with a giant rebel symbol in the back window with what looked like the Imperial symbol in the 'head' of it. I liked it :D

BultarSwan likes this.
  24. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Bllllaaaarrrrggggghhh!!!! Still here, but DRL is evil.

25. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.