main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Guys it's one of those threads

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Sep 3, 2013.

?

Is SLG right

1. yes

37 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. no

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    So I have 2 roommates, one of them I don't know very well. I brought all of my things to the new apartment, which the other 2 have been using and that makes sense. I buy fancypants coffee because I work hard and stay up all night. This roommate does not work. Every time I make coffee I have 1-2 cups and then the rest disappears. Also my entire bag of fancypants coffee is empty after only 1 week, of which I've only had 5 cups total.

The resolution I've come up with is demanding the other roommate to get his own coffee pot and make his own damn coffee. I want to know if this is acceptable. He's already been warned to not drink all of it several days ago and he's clearly ignored it. Advice plz.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    seems totally reasonable to me. as a fellow fancypants coffee enthusiast i would be pissed too.

anakinfansince1983 and harpua like this.
  3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Keep the fancypants coffee in your room and only make one cup of coffee at a time, so that your roommate can't drink the rest.

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Get a little 4 cup Mr. Coffee maker (they're cheap), and keep it and your fancypants coffee in your room. As a fellow college student, I can attest that it is perfectly reasonable to have a coffee maker within a few feel of your work space. If said roommate goes into your room and takes your coffee, that's grounds for an ass kicking.

MrZAP, darthdrago, mrsvos and 4 others like this.
  5. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    ^ That would actually be nice, to keep it in my room. Good idea.

6. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    you really shouldn't have to hide your things in order to have them to yourself. i'd tell them that if they want your coffee it comes with a black eye

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Their behavior is unreasonable. However, having two coffee makers in one household, or forcing you to move the coffee maker into your room also seems unreasonable. I think the ideal course of action would be to ask your roommate to contribute to a common "Fancypants Coffee Fund" if he is going to drink it regularly.

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Those funds never work.

VanishingReality and Hello_Fett like this.
  11. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Yeah it's an ideal but it wouldn't work. The original plan was that he would just buy coffee when it ran out, but the problem is that he likes light coffees and I like dark ones. So he'd buy the kind he likes, then call that a replacement. Also I honestly don't doubt that he'd take forever buying it too, so that I'd end up having to get it first anyways (it's happened with chores a few times, it's natural people are slow if they don't care as much).

12. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    You must consume the roommate to get your fancypants coffee back.

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Sell him to a plantation in Indonesia or Ethiopia or Colombia or wherever the **** your fancypants coffee comes from. He can work off his debt.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Kill him with fire.

15. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Ok I voted no before reading the OP but yes, I agree with harpoo that you should have a coffee maker in your room and hide your Fancypants Coffee from the moocher roommate.

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    FTFY

17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    FTFY

18. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    [​IMG]
    One lump, or two?

Mr. K and Mortimer Snerd like this.
  19. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    replace your coffee with a mixture of cocaine and ant killer. mix some coffee grounds in there to give it the look, texture and smell of coffee. that'll learn him.

20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Save money buy buying cheaper coffee that will caffeinate you just the same.

21. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    two lumps, one cup (o'coffee).

22. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Have someone defecate into the last of the coffee beans, then mention you bought some of that special gourmet coffee made from civet droppings. Talk about how much you are looking forward to it. Put on a pot as usual, except pretend you just don't have time to grab a cup for yourself thanks to some emergency that makes you run out of the house. Wait for him to behave as usual.

23. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    The people voting no should explain or something. You guys are glutei maximi. Also try to understand that I do share a bedroom that I work in too, so it's not like I have another kitchen in there for space.

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Ugggg my roommate's stupid boyfriend would do that all the time. He'd drink my beer and then "replace it" with some gross IPA that only he liked.

I second the notion of getting your own small pot and/or keeping your nice coffee hidden.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  25. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    There's a grand total of two "No" votes, one of which said publicly that they clicked the poll before reading the OP and discovering they agree with you after all.