main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit height of humans in the gffa

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jacktherack, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    i swear human's in the gffa are way shorter then in real life, it says that bria tharen is tall in her article. SHE'S 5 FOOT 2. she's basicly a midget. it also calls the tonnika sisters tall who are only 5 foot 3, the average height for a female is 5 foot 6, i would think 5 foot 9 or 10 would be the shortest that could be qualified as tall.

I'm nearly 6 foot 6 (6 foot 5 and 3/4) and i know i'm pretty tall but considering there is nobody in the star wars universe who is taller then that, i'm beginning to think they had a genocide going on with really tall people or something.

my brother who is 6 foot 3 in high school had a freind who was 6 foot 11.

the only thing that contridicts the fact that they are shorter is the fact that all stormtroopers are 5 foot 10 which is the average height for a male, which reinforces the fact that the empire didn't want anyone who was not normal.

2. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    it's because everyone over 6' is considered near-human.

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Whew! I just made it.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I had the same thought the other day when someone posted the other day that Jaina is 4'10" and Jag is 5'7"--is the GFFA just full of short people or something? I also read the Mark Hamill is only 5'7", although I haven't looked up Luke's official height.

I'm 5'7" and I like to be able to wear shoes with 1-2 inch heels without being taller than the guy standing next to me. I'm glad I live on Earth in the 21st century, looks like I'd be ****ed in the SW universe. :p

5. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Jaina's only listed as 4'10" because they forgot to update her height from the original EGTC (where she was like twelve) to the new one. she's probably closer to like 5'6" or 5'7".

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Oh bother. My mental image of Jaina being this tiny person with Napoleon complex is now inaccurate.

7. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Except they DO keep reprinting that statistic and have never provided an alternative; and it does seem to run in the family (both the old Databank and The NEGtC listed Leia's height as 1.5 meters, or 4 feet 11 inches; in the real world, Carrie Fisher's not much taller, at 1.55 meters, or 5 feet 1 inches).

Gorefiend and LightsaberAccident like this.
  8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    :oops:

So that's why Jaina's so short? They forgot to change her stats...when she got older?

9. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Doesn't make it any less silly. Jaina's height measurement needs to be taken out behind the woodshed.

(Also, Trip, the 4'whatever height doesn't stem from the original EGtC---that book lists her height as "Unknown (still growing)".)

10. LightsaberAccident

LightsaberAccident Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 26, 2013
    lol guess Jaina needed more human growth hormone

The BBC had an article a couple days ago about how men in EU are taller than 100 years ago. Maybe the Clone Wars followed by the GalCiv War followed by the YV war followed by GalCivTwo war followed by Cthula totally wrecked humans' mean caloric intake level. You know how people in SK are reputed to be noticeably taller than their collectivist brothers to the north? Maybe something similar happened in Star Wars. Not enough food = bunch of shorties.

11. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    if somone is 4 foot 10 they can legally be declared a dwarf. just thought i'd put that out.
    *edit* the guy that played the predator in the first movie kevin peter hall (1955-1991)
    "His parents were of above-average stature; his father, Charles Hall, was 6' 6", and his mother, Sylvia Hall, was 6' 2". At 7' 2" tall, he was the tallest of seven brothers, all over 6' 5"

12. LightsaberAccident

Aug 26, 2013
    Wasn't she shown standing next to Jag on the back of Apocalypse? That implies he's a little short for a stormtrooper too.

And now I've got this image of him using stilts to reach the pedals inside his TIE Fighter.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I always pictured Leia as being short, and Jaina being short doesn't bother me either.

It's the idea that the GFFA is full of short dudes...

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The other option is that while Jaina is short, she's not only 4' 10". It says she's short in most of the books but it doesn't say she's dwarf-short. Every illustration shows her to be roughly 5' 6" or so. Again, short, but not a little person.

15. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I was so confused by this sentence for a second.

16. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    oh hunh, i coulda sworn that was the reason.

well the point still stands though, she's described as being average height in the books, so there's no way 4'11'' makes any sense.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Stop being silly, the obvious answer is obvious. Whoever published the guide books uses metric and didn't know how to do height conversions.

18. Jedifirefly5

Sep 5, 2012
    That Coleman Trebor, the Jedi Knight is 6'12"!!! LOL! :oops:[face_tee_hee]

19. LightsaberAccident

Aug 26, 2013
    "One point eight meters??? What the fu...what does that mean!? Whatever, that's probably, like, four and a half feet or something."

cdgodin likes this.
  20. Jedifirefly5

Sep 5, 2012
    Maybe......

The Imperial standard meter, often shortened to the meter, was an established unit of measurement of length used by the Galactic Empire.[1] One meter equaled 100 centimeters.[2] The meter existed during the Galactic Republic's reign as well.[3]

155cm = 611⁄32in

Jaina is 62 inches, that's about 5'2".

21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    My understanding was that she's either 19km or 8km. [face_dunno]

22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm really crabby at the implication that 5'2" is basically a midget. And pilots traditionally are shorter because they have to fit into a cockpit and we know a lot of pilots in the EU.

Gorefiend likes this.
  23. LightsaberAccident

Aug 26, 2013
    Well if we go with the 19km figure, she'd have trouble fitting in a super star destroyer.

24. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    What about 12km? Is Jacen still 17.5km?

25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I don't know, but there's three million of him.

What were we talking about again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.