main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 24, 2013.

?

What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

1. Sith History

78 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Sith Temple

46 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Sith Army

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Sith Training

45 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Origin of the Red Saber

26 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. New Sith Order : Eliminating the failed Rule of Two.

68 vote(s)
    47.2%
  7. Other

27 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I hope the Sith have their own fleet of starships and starfighters in the ST like the Lost Tribe of the Sith from Fate of the Jedi. That would be awesome. And of course Luke's New Jedi Order could have it's own fleet of ships. I hope to see some spectacular space battles between the Jedi and the Sith as well as land battles throughout the entire ST.

Immortiss likes this.
  2. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    You have a point. However the Clone Wars is over and Maul's story and fate is far from complete. I'm also sure that Lucas and others had more intended for such a valuable character than to just be one of many villains in a limited fashion in a show and thats it. It would be highly advisable and wanted for him to show up at least in a future spinoff set of movies, since Disney said they would be chugging out SW movies every year that are both chronicled and spinoff. Besides, his age could essentially be anything that one could theoretically apply to things like carbonite, sith meditation and extended age techniques, etc. If a Sith could survive getting bisected and come back stronger than they were before, I'm sure aging wouldn't necessarily be a huge issue...

3. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

Thats kinda the point though, those 2 only refrain from killing each other so long as the apprentice isn't strong enough to kill the master. Once he is strong enough/able to kill the master (as I understand it) its his "duty" to kill his master. So once you have 4 or 400 Sith you have much, much more infighting as they jocky for position which is what ultimately brought down the Sith Empire.

4. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    It does not really make sense, why would they limit their numbers so low, when facing so many enemies? It would make sense, if they get stronger, by killing their fellow Sith like Highlander, but otherwise it would be extremly unwise, because accidents could as well happen to Sith...
    Maybe we get a reformated Sith order in the same way that Luke changes the principles of the Jedi Order.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What if the apprentice didn't want to kill their master? Would the master be all like "lol y u no killz me!!!!11!

6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    A new version of the Sith where they are a bit more smarter than plotting against and slaughtering each other every five minutes could be a very formidable threat indeed. There are ways it can be made to work, but I'm sure that people would cry "Doom!" because it would somewhat alter the rather shallow idea we have of the Sith up to now.

7. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    TBH, I think GL coming up with the rule of two in the PT was just because he could think of no way he could explain that there were only Vader and Palps in the OT...

8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I've got nothing against the Rule of Two. It had it's run. It worked for a while, kind of, with people bending it here and there.
    A new trilogy requires new Orders - both Jedi and Sith. It would be boring to see the same thing all over again.

9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I've said it before, I'll say it again: the Rule of Two is possibly the most brilliant (but misunderstood) explorations of supervillain psychology ever devised.

EDIT: and I've said before that I'd love to see a Sith Order onscreen, and for that Order to implode in epic fashion.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Co-signed,
    A Chorus of Disapproval

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Meh the Rule of Two should be done away with in the ST. Just a thought.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  12. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012

Then the film will end by act 2, throughout SW history whenever the Sith were legion-Old Republic---->Darth Krayt's One Sith, they turned on themselves. Granted Krayt held them together, more so because they were in hiding. Rule of Two allows the Dark Side to engorge two individuals instead of being diffused and spread-out amongst legion. In Lord Kaan's Brotherhood, most 'Sith Lords' were barley Jedi Knight worthy as far as force Strength -confirmed by Bane and also in the Jedi vs. Sith Novel by Master Tionne.

I'd like for most of the training to be secret, perhaps the tattoo painting part would be nice as I understand this is done with the upmost of pain. I'd like to perhaps see a failed attempt at a Sith Apprentice.

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I prefer a new Sith Order, but with no more than five or six members, mind you.

14. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    End the Rule Two. Frankly, that rule is dead with the FOTJ series anyway. It was a stupid rule anyway imo, and if I were a Sith I would do as I please and not follow some rule I care nothing about. Darth Bane really had no right to tell other Sith what to do and they were under no contract to follow it frankly.

I hope to see many Sith. Battles between Jedi an Sith on a large scale. I have dreamed to see that on the big screen since I was a kid and saw SW in 1977. If they don't do it in the new sequels, then in a Old Republic era off-shoot movie!!!

Red Saber? That was just Lucas showing Good VS Evil colors. That's ALL it was. A Sith can have any color saber he chooses, and many have.

Wrong sir. You need to read the FOTJ books then. There was an entire colony of Sith living with eachother just fine. The Sith are back. Ben Skywalker even fell in love with one, Vestara.

Btw, Tattoo "painting" isn't a standard sith tradition either.

15. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    There's no one left to teach a Sith. At least Luke had Yoda for a spell.

16. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003

Original. Stories.

All of that can, and likely will, be wiped away at whim.

It will be hard to get over the rule of two when the last person to not experience it died generations ago.

17. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Here's what's so brilliant about the Rule of Two: No Sith Lord worthy of the title of Dark Lord would ever deign to follow anyone's rules; even their own. Pretty-much every "modern era" Sith Lord thought he beyond it. But they all got snared by it anyway.

The Rule of Two isn't some piece of writing in a legal document. It's a reality of how the Sith operate.

18. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm not the biggest fan of the Rule. As I've argued before, if two Sith are capable of following some sort of principle of order or hierarchy, then so can four or four hundred. What I'd like to see in the ST is a legion of Sith that slowly gets whittled down to a small group at the end. The Sith should be portrayed as individuals, some of them better capable of following pragmatic principles than others. I also don't mind seeing some of them implode, as Jedi Merkurian says, but I'd like to see a few who have the brains and self-control to stay aligned in order to defeat the Jedi.

Jedi Merkurian. I don't think I necessarily disagree with your take on the Rule. You seem to be saying that the structure of the rule embodies the Sith's take on power. That's an interesting point. But I think this power principle could alter depending upon context: e.g., the ST era Sith will need to learn from their past mistakes, just as the new Jedi will. This means a new relationship to power vis a vis the darkside.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Wrong. Kesh holds the Lost Tribe of the Sith. The Sith were still out there during all this time.

I disagree. It's a rule ONE man (Bane) made up that no one else has to follow. Plenty of Sith existed and lived together fine. Hence the Lost Tribe of the Sith. They had an entire society and colony for hundreds of years. Proof that the Rule of Two was hogwash.

20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    But this is all EU stuff, right? We have no idea if JJ and company will think once about it. But I do tend to view the Rule as a plot device to explain why there were only two Sith. I really hope we see more in action in the ST.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  21. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    If they introduce a Lost Tribe of Sith to the movie, they'll get creamed by critics. Creamed. It is far too easy to do that, and it weakens the context of the overall story to date.

If they go EU at all, they are better off introducing something new like the Night Sisters.

Episode Swag and Dra--- like this.
  22. Darth Gartin

Darth Gartin Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2013
    I wouldn't call the rule of two a failure. After all it lasted 1000 years and produced a Sith powerful enough to take over the galaxy. Although I like the reasoning Bane used to start the rule of two but IMO it would be better with more of them. But then again two was all they needed to defeat the Jedi and take over the galaxy.

23. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I have cooled off my initial stance from "Please no more Sith, it cheapens Anakin's redemption story" to just accepting there's going to be more Sith.

Sure they can have darkside users, like TCW did (Ventress/Nightsisters), but we all know none of these characters will carry the same clout as previous Sith already seen on screen.

The Sith are returning in the ST. It's inevitable.

I just hope Anakin's redemption still means something...

24. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    1. No one HAS TO follow the rule. Sith Lords think rules-following is for weaklings and fools. But it always comes back to bite em. The RoT isn't some legal document or religious dictate; it's a self-correcting aspect of Sith psychology.

2. A few hundred years is a blip on the radar of Sith history.

3. The Lost Tribe had the prospect of getting off-world to keep them unified. We'll see how long they last now...

Episode Swag likes this.
  25. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

They don't need lots of Sith to deal with lots of Jedi. The prequels kinda proved that.

And who says Luke will change the principles of the Jedi order?