main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah, I know you didn't suggest that. But the author of that article pretty much does. But I don't recall Obi-Wan and other Jedi acting too psychologically damaged, just arrogant at times, maybe. I think the author makes a good point about a potential structure for the three trilogies. The problem is, the author is also assuming that all families are always healthy and functional units for children. We know that's obviously not so. So the Jedi probably have a good reason for doing things the way they do.

The Jedi's biggest mistake was not bending their rules for Anakin, considering he was coming from a different background than their typical Jedi. They were too black and white, and that's what got them. Not necessarily their prohibition against love or marriage. Their rigidness to rules rather than openness to context.

I think that if we have trilogies in the future, or past I guess, it would be a great idea for a plot to see different force clans/families at war with one another. This could show why the Jedi originally made the rule, or how Luke's new order ends up getting in trouble.

But the idea that all we need is a traditional nuclear family and no Jedi will ever go bad or be unhappy is silly, imo.

Immortiss likes this.
  2. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    Exactly, there will never be a time where a Jedi can't be tempted by the Dark Side. The only way that ever happens is if the universe is destroyed and there is no longer good or bad. Just...nothing.

3. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Yep. A universe without evil is a universe without free will.

We have yet to have a full understanding of what balance of the Force entails, or if Anakin has finished his mission yet. I still think the Mortis storyline from TCW may have been hinting at a "greater picture" of the Force that we will see more of in the coming ST.

MiamiJedi likes this.
  4. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Ultimately the entire story is about this:
    Anakin fell to the dark side due to his love for Padme and not wanting to lose the way he lost his mother. He would do anything to save her, including becoming evil. Ultimately that evil caused him to lose her.
    Then he came back from the dark side once again for love-this time his child. He would do anything once again including killing himself.

So it's about sacrifice for love whether it be turning TO evil or returning FROM evil or sacrificing your own life.

So as not to abandon that basic element, the plot of the new movies should be about the question "what would you do to for love of family and what limit would there be to your own sacrifice"? This combined with the idea that the Jedi order will be new and possibly have new rules while the line between "dark and light" or "good and evil" will be blurred will give some insight into the plotline.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    I don't really like the idea of Lukes offsprings and Leias offsprings automatically being Jedi. The only instance of force ability being inherited from parents is Vader, Luke and Leia. I'd rather the Force was a lot more random, like any other ability.

This movie will have lightsabre battles between force sensitive characters, so it looks like Sith will be in there.

I'd like the Jedi order to have very little structure. Its more like a religion rather than a paramilitary force. Jedi had mystique in the OT. In the PT, they were 10 a penny.

The galaxy will be mostly peaceful, but the Republic wont reform. It will be a galaxy of various factions, but they trade with each other and are allies. Like how NATO or the European Union works - it would be unthinkable for any member states to go to war against each other. This split in factions means the galaxy as a whole is never again so vulnerable to a corrupt senate.

The ST MUST NOT be so political. The PT was dull in huge parts because of this. I don't care what happens in the senate to thousands of star systems I've never heard of. Id rather see the results of those policies affecting the protagonists (dropping shipments because the government are searching random ships etc).

6. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Hate to say it (nor not depending on your stance) but the plot may revolve around a romantic couple where one goes to the dark side and the other has to decide whether or not to follow their mate for the purpose of love.

Nenim Chela likes this.
  7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Droid Revolution. Have a nice day.

8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It's a fun idea in general, but I've personally had it with droids in the PT. I prefer a real flesh and blood opponent, however depersonalized they may be.

9. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I'd be more open to droids if they were more threatening. Have you seen Elysium? The droids in that are a real threat.

10. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Yeah They were pretty damn awesome and they didn't mess around!

Dra--- likes this.
  11. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Wouldn't it be very interesting and haunting if the background plot of Episode 7 mirrors some or all of the events going on in the middle east with Syria and whatnot.

When you think about it, 30 years after WWII the conflicts in the Middle East heated up in a big way and were essentially an aftermath of WWII. Could play out in the new triology with an underlying shadow of the Sith taking advantage of instability, hostility and differing of opinions on how to handle whatever conflict sets up the overall plot motivation.

12. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Luke Skywalker's son gets decapitated !...........

13. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I've finally settled on these basics for the plot.

Star Wars: The Secret/Hidden Force; The Sith's Curse

1) The Force was put back into balance again by Anakin at the end of ROTJ, by killing Palpatine.
    2) However, this doesn't mean new Sith can't emerge to try to tip the balance again towards darkness. So, the Sith will rise again.
    3) By the time of the ST, the GFFA will finally be entering a state of relative order. The past 30 years or so have seen the reestablishment of the New Republic and Luke's Jedi Order (which now numbers about 50-100 Knights). During that period, the forces of good had to defeat a variety of lesser enemies (in comparison to the Sith Empire): gangsters, pirates, Imperial remnant and others like the Trade Federation. The ST opens with one of the final skirmishes that establishes the new dominance and order of the new Republic and Jedi. However, although total peace seems to have arrived, Luke Skywalker and some of his Jedi have been sensing something amiss in the Force.
    4) Suddenly, a mysterious figure leading a legion of masked warriors (a force of at least a 1,000) attacks and devastates one of the Core worlds (Corellia?), leaving it in ruin. When evidence emerges that sheds light on the group, it's obvious that they are Sith. This development obviously surprises the Republic and galaxy, who thought the Sith gone.
    5) The new Sith leader makes a bold claim that the government of the Republic is invalid that if they want to avoid mass destruction and invasion on Coruscant, they must voluntarily turn over control to the rightful rulers of the galaxy, the Sith.
    6) The leader of the Republic, someone new we haven't seen before, refuses. The Sith leader responds by unveiling a dangerous new weapon: the ability to kill anyone in the galaxy simply by having his Sith legion focus on an individual simultaneously. The leader of the Republic scoffs at this ability, and even the Jedi seem skeptical, until the Republic leader begins choking and dies.
    7) Fear immediately begins to spread through the universe, but the Republic refuses to stand down to the Sith.
    8) The relatively small group of Jedi team up with Republic forces to defend Coruscant.
    9) The Jedi fight heroically, but are defeated. Coruscant falls, and an even smaller number of Jedi escape to fight another day.
    10) Luke Skywalker sacrifices himself heroically against the Sith leader so that his son and Leia's children escape to lead the new order.
    11) Luke's son will desire revenge. The darkside threatens him, like Anakin, who he is more similar to than Luke. Will his remaining family connections and surviving Jedi help him remain grounded, or will he make the old mistake of trying to destroy evil by becoming evil?

14. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I just realized something. What if Han Solo has a brother or sister we don't know about? He was a rogue pirate with no home but the falcon. It is plausible for him to have family we know nothing about because he was busy kicking ass during the civil war. This could be a spot for a great new character.

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Argh, this is the thread I knew I was looking for! So I'm gonna do a mash-up post of two things that I posted in two other threads. Apologize for cross-thread spam but this is really the place for it. *ahem*

Okay, so putting together a few rampant rumours together in my head like thus:

Han & Leia have a daughter, kinda spoiled, went to intergalatic boarding school. (source from rumour sites about casting XYZ female actor, mentioned a secluded daughter. Skywalker kids being hidden also has a president in the series)
    Luke has a son. (source from rumours about casting for Luke's son. Also John Williams recently made a quip about "Luke's son" in relation to Episode 7, and I'd figure he'd at least know some broad strokes about the plot) Gonna guess he's a Jedi.

Let's say, Han & Leia daughter doesn't know her heritage, been shipped off to New Alderaan Prep or whatever. (May not even know that Han Solo is her father!). Was taught by C-3PO just for kicks.

Luke's new Jedi Order is small, secretive, includes his male kid (Guessing Luke will be a widow. Seems to be a thing in the series). Han & Leia's daughter doesn't know about it at all! Heck, maybe doesn't even know she's a Skywalker! Then, for some reason, she is led into Luke's new, scaled-back Jedi Order (I'm picturing them working out of caves like Batman and his crew at the end of Dark Knight Returns or something. Not exactly like THAT but way, way out of the public eye). Realizes she's a Jedi, gets filled in on the whole grand scheme of the galaxy and becomes all Jedi-like. So, yeah, kinda Harry Potter, true. But I think filling in the rampant pieces is what I came up with.

Point is, Luke's new Jedi order is on a "Need to know" basis so we get a female protagonist be slowly introduced (and the audience, remember!) into this world. Because if the movie was centred around Luke's kid, you would assume he would know everything about everything before the credits roll. But we need the Luke Skywalker in Ep. 4 audience proxy member. And they need to be tied into the Skywalker legacy. So that leaves the Organa/Solo kid. Who is probably female. Who is probably learning all of this for the first time. All the pieces fit, dammit!

Also about the female Organa/Solo kid rumour who, let's say, doesn't know what Han Solo is her dad because she was away being all preppy and spoiled and doesn't know her father aside from broad strokes Leia laid out. So she has a scene with Han and something like, "What did your mother tell you about your father?" "She told me enough, I guess." And Han awkwardly replies: "No... I am your father, kid."

Crazy or not crazy enough? Anyway, you need an audience surrogate to be introduced to the ST world for the first time and I'm banking the female Solo kid is the best best. Also leads into rumours about the ST having a female protagonist!

Force Smuggler and Darth Claire like this.
  17. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    The problem with kids of Solo and Skywalker is that, unless they do some serious airbrushing of Ford, Hamill and Fisher to make them look younger, their children should be in their 40's and not 20-somethings. So perhaps Ep VII is about their grandchildren?

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Not necessarily. What if they had kids at a later time?
    They didn't have to start spawning their brood as soon as ROTJ credits rolled.

19. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Considering that Han was already near 40 in ROTJ, his kids don't need to be much more than 25 if that old.

20. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Who let Troy Denning go around the script again.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The Falcon gets stolen and a mystic tells Han that it's in the basement of the Alamo.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's curious to me that if the rumors are true then it appears that Luke's son will be older than Han and Leia's child. It just seems like an odd choice for the writers to make and I wonder if there's going to be a reason behind it other than Luke finding someone to have children with really quickly after ROTJ. I had an idea that Luke's son isn't his biological child. After Endor he discovered that the Emperor had initiated a program to train Force sensitives into an army but that it hadn't gotten very far before Palpatine was killed. So Luke and the Republic reunited the children with the families that the Empire had stolen them from but there was one baby that they couldn't track down a family for and so Luke decided to adopt him and raise him as his own son. Maybe the son doesn't know he was adopted and his true parentage could be revealed at some point. I think it'd be an interesting struggle for the hero to decide whether to follow the light side like he was raised to do or the dark side like he was bred to do. A sort of nature vs. nurture battle.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm guessing Ep. 7 will be 30 years after ROTJ, since it's 30 years from it's release now, and people seem to like round numbers. So that means they got down to punching out kids ten years after the battle of Endor, which makes sense.

The "grandchilden" thing keeps popping up in some threads but I can't see the movie skipping an entire generation. You'd miss the adventures of the next generation entirely off screen, which is odd for a generational saga. Why would you do that to the audience? Just have moms and dads of the main characters and the original trilogy characters are grandparents? That would be really weird.

24. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I like this idea. It also makes me think of whether or not the boy could have been born after Anakin died. A new Chosen One.

I'm not sure if I like that or not. It reminds me of the prophets of the Lord in Supernatural. When one dies, another is immediately "born" or made manifest.

Good question on the age differences, if true. :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Oh I'm sure there is a way around it and indeed Ford has young kids himself... I'm just pointing out that perhaps in order not to rely on too much willing suspension of disbelief, we may see it leapfrog a generation straight to their grandchildren.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.