main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Guys it's one of those threads

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Sep 3, 2013.

?

Is SLG right

1. yes

37 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. no

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Update: The roommate visited my bf while he was at work, and came home with a new bag of coffee and apologized. I'm guessing he got yelled at. Either way still getting my own machine because I forsee this just happening again and I want no dramas.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    @wannasee's girl

3. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Yeah, there's no doubt he'll just slip back into the habit anyway.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Cant' believe he drank your one cup of coffee. When you see the pot make that little and you didn't make it, you should know not to take it. If you do, it's got to be intentional and you're a ****.

Really kinda surprised he apologized at all.

5. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Those machines and the little cups are hella more expensive than the single-cup brewers that harps linked to earlier in this thread, and the coffee they make tastes like butt, it's worse than Folgers crystals

6. Isotope217

Isotope217 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2002
    [​IMG]
    ^ makes suprisingly good coffee

7. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    60 million Italians agree.

8. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    But...soon you'll be able to make soup with your coffee maker! [face_sick]

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    We got this insert that lets you use whatever coffee you want. We got it at Bed Bath and Beyound, it was like 10 bucks.

10. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    And yet, you suggested she get the k-cups.

Also the machine is still way more expensive and still produces worse tasting coffee than a single cup drip brewer.

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't drink coffee so yeah I did suggest the k-cups. I don't know good coffee from bad. When you said it tasted like crap I asked my wife and she told me about the insert thing she bought.

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Bow-chicka-bow-wow...

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    SLG, did your man-thing read this thread and feel shamed by wannasee's inherently more masculine masculinity; or, did you just give off a "protect me, I'm a girl" vibe and he picked up on it?

14. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    lol I don't think gender had anything to do with it

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I knew it: you are a man.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Was the roommate really sincere with his apology, or did he halfass it?

17. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Halfass, or just scared. Couldn't tell.

18. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm bringing this back instead of making a new thread.

So after almost 6 months of living with this guy, he's become a pretty awful roommate. The only thing he does is pay his part of the rent and bills. That would be fine, but he's a total slob and hasn't done the dishes in like...2 months. He hasn't bought any general apartment stuff since we first moved in (paper towels, sponges, etc. stuff that everyone uses equally). He sits in the living room playing warcraft all day while me or the other roommate clean in front of him, and he doesn't clean when we've asked him to. I don't care if he wants to be a slob in his own room/bathroom (that's what it's there for), but he does it so it affects all of us and that's not cool.

All of that I could easily dismiss with a "hey that's how some people are, it could be worse".... except that the other day he literally nearly killed our kittens because of his stupidity. That shall not stand. When I confronted him on it, he replied sarcastically and has been doing small things around the apartment on purpose to piss me off.

A side note at this point is, even though I'm a total ****, I don't behave that way towards roommates because I know I have to live with them. I've up until this point behaved respectfully to him about everything. So now I ask you JCC, without doing anything illegal....I plan on kicking him out this august when the lease ends and replacing him. What can I do in the meantime to totally troll the crap out of him?

tl:dr people just read the bold.

19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    How did he come close to killing a kitten? The story is the price of our advice.

Lord Vivec and Obi-Zahn Kenobi like this.
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    1) Catfish him in WoW.
    2) Get his account information in WoW and sell all his stuff (it won't be investigated by Blizz, since you'd be using valid account info and he could get banned for "sharing").
    3) Penny him into his room
    4) Keep all "shared" items (paper towels, etc.) locked in your room when not in use.

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ah, just have the sumbitch whacked.

22. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    We live on a high floor of our apt. building, and the balcony has a really small stone ledge. The cats try to jump up on it, but it obviously leads straight off the building and there's no way for them to survive a fall this high. They have nothing to grab onto just in case. We've had a policy to close both the balcony doors after we've gone outside/inside because of this, since we moved in. There's been some slip ups by him in the past so it's definitely been reminded to him. This time I happened to come home with no one there, both of the balcony doors were pulled all the way open and the kitties were on the ledge, one of them in the jumping position. The only person who could have done that is that roommate, he admitted to it and brushed it off because he hates the cats (which I know because he says it all the time and generally treats them like crap).

23. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I hate cats too, but damn...I don't wanna see them get hurt. As much as I don't miss having roommates, having two slovenly teenagers in the house is pretty bad. At least they don't drink all of my coffee...yet. When that day comes I'll be laying down some law...and it will be ignored.

*sigh*

24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It's a poll thread with two topics. What happens when Yes and No switch places on any given topic?

25. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    It could be worse. He could expect to pay an identical rent for a bigger bedroom with his own bathroom!

I used my phone. Beware.pf.typos.