main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Combat Evolved: The Halo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by BISMARCK, May 21, 2002.

1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    The funny thing is, they never said "Halo5" they only called it "Halo" I don't know if it means anything or not though.

2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not really calling it Halo 5 but a Halo game on Xbox One.

3. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I would be excited, if all of the draconian garbage M$ is pulling on the X1 hadn't driven me so completely to the PS4.

Even if I was getting an X1, though, I'm not sure how excited I am for future Halos, or even if the series has much life left in it. None of the games since the original trilogy have been anything more than competent sci-fi shooters, and game balance was (and still is) a serious problem for Reach and 4.

Six and hunter77 like this.
  4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, I still haven't played Spartan Ops, so that's the main reason why I am not sure about the future. Based on the campaign, particularly Halsey's logs (for all I know there could be more than two, I only found out about the four Battle Rifles on the antechamber wall to the airlock in Dawn and where the Fuel Rod Gun is in the wreckage at the beginning of Requiem just the other day), I am pretty sure we haven't seen the last of Cortana.
    No kidding, virtually all of the games I have gotten for the Xbox 360 I could have gotten for the PS3 if I had one, so its not like I am tied to Xbox for any reason besides Halo, especially with the aptly named draconian garbage on the Xbox One.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Halo is overrated.

6. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

It means they haven't even started the game yet and Microsoft, desperate for any good will after the anti-consumer news about the Xbox One, had someone make a CG video and showed the Halo logo hoping people would forget that they don't actually get to own their games on the Xbox One.

7. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005

Fortunately, I think enough damage has been done to Halo between Reach and 4 that it won't work. People who were driven away from the series by those two games (and there are a lot, given what happened to 4's multiplayer population) should be able to look past the game and see the piece of junk console it's on.

Plus, it's not like 'a new Halo is coming to the X1' is a Battlefront-level shocker. It's become M$'s version of Zelda and COD, a new copy for a new console is almost guaranteed.

hunter77 likes this.
  8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Of course, we can all play Destiny on the PS4 to sorta, kinda get our Halo fix on and forget the need to get a X1. :p

Chewgumma, hunter77 and Draconarius like this.
  9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Halo 4 needed to be great to truly win me over for another round of games.

It was just good. Not even great.

10. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

It's Halo, but instead of an under-dressed female AI as a companion you have Tyrion Lannister.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/game-of-thrones-star-peter-dinklage-cast-in-bungies-destiny

Thus it's infinitely cooler than Halo 5 could ever hope to be. :p

Darth_Invidious and Draconarius like this.
  11. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Coolest part of Destiny is you can explore the planets in our Solar System.

12. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Halo 5: The Search for Cortanna. If this game doesn't end with Chief somehow bringing her back after she Spocked herself Wrath of Khan style in the last one I'll eat a boot.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Wow, this is totally unofficial but if the extra-galactic beings were the Precursors [face_hypnotized].

EDIT: They need this guy as a story writer.

StarWarsZombie likes this.
  14. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Though I've played hours of multiplayer with friends, I've never played a Halo campaign or even owned a Halo game for that matter. Maybe this will finally be the one...

15. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I have all of the Halo console games save Halo 2, Halo: Anniversary counts for Halo 1, I have played and beat the campaigns to all of those games I own, but I have played very limited amounts of multiplayer and none of it online. I don't know what to think about this one yet.

16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I really wish they'd go ahead and announce a Halo 2 Anniversary already. It's the only "full" Halo game I haven't played, and I don't really want to find a copy of the original and play it in SD.

TX-20 and Zeta1127 like this.
  17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

The Master Chief would not be pleased. [face_shame_on_you]

thebeanpole and Zeta1127 like this.
  18. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    It's ok, I always thought Republic Commandos were cooler than Spartans anyways :)

19. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    You're missing out on what I believe to be the best storytelling in the Halo series. Halo 2 feels like the game where Bungie's ambition was at its highest; sometimes they didn't quite hit the mark but when they did, boy did it hit. Unfortunately not all the fan-base reacted well to the new story elements and Halo 3 was a more simplified affair(although still fantastic). A Halo 2 Anniversary would really make me consider an Xbox One.

TX-20 likes this.
  20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

You better be joking now...coz them be fightin' woids!

21. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Like both the Spartans and the Republic Commandos.

moosemousse likes this.
  22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Bah. One Spartan-II is worth a squad or Republic Commandos. I'd pit John-117 against ten of those wannabe Mandos and he'd still come out on top.

23. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I would pit John-117 and Linda-058 against the entire Special Ops Brigade and they would probably come out on top.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    "Probably?" I think you're underestimating their chances. John would be shooting and fragging circles around them while Linda snipes their heads off, blindfolded, and banking shots.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  25. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I said probably because its 10,000 to 2, if we're going with the Special Ops Brigade at full strength, not because I don't think they could do it.