main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I hate to double post but I almost just threw my laptop into a wall due to shock at this picture somehow deciding it was now my desktop background.
    [​IMG]

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

My avatar is the big bad, so yeah.

Watch the movie, it will change your life.

It's so fulfilling to spread the word of Big Trouble in Little China, I should make it my life's mission. If I can get just one more person to watch Big Trouble in Little China, I feel like I've made the world a better place.

I think I'll start in Africa. Big Trouble in Little China should solve most of their problems.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    TaradosGon: The movie came out in May. If people are going to make a fuss even now, then that is just ridiculous.

TaradosGon likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Okay, I've added you to my list. :)

And yeah, I had wanted to stay unspoiled for STID, but I was stupid and went on Cumberbatch's wikipedia page for an unrelated reason and was spoiled by his listed filmography. :oops:

Whatever, I'll still see it eventually.

5. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I saw Percy Jackson and the sea mosnter yesterday, I loved it, just as good as the first one ! I hope there will be a third one !
    I also saw Elysium, love the story but some scenes were unecessary to the story like people who exploded or things like that.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

The Middle East. All Syria needs right now is for Lo Pan to drop down from the sky.

I actually was pleased with the amount of story in that movie. I was expecting more explosions.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Is knowing who the main bad guy is in a film really that much of a spoiler? Because I'm sure he was in the trailers, which I'm guessing you haven't watched. Anyway, it's an amazing film, so definitely watch it!

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The trailers and interviews prior to the release of STID only identified him as John Harrison. Who he is is a major spoiler to anyone with familiarity with the Shatner movies. I was curious after seeing the film how the movie would go over with those that have absolutely no idea about previous Trek movies, since when he gets name dropped, it's clear that the writer/director expected the audience to know who this was.

Though I find it funny that a day or two after asking about spoiler etiquette, and using STID as an example, theforce.net sneaks in the spoiler on the main news page. :p

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ehhhh yeah, just saw that. Hope that isn't a sign of their spoiler standards this coming year.

I mean they'll probably be a little more strict about Star Wars vs Trek spoilers on their own site, but if there are returning characters from either the PT/OTs or EU cast, I could see TFN posting that on the main page to get attention on the headlines.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Thankfully I never visit the main page. [face_plain]

It's one thing to post spoilers for a movie that has left the theater already but I hope they aren't going to be careless about upcoming movie spoilers. Not cool at all.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  11. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Just in case you don't know, the movies are based on books and if they make films from the others too, there will be three more.

Movies I've watched lately are "Warm Bodies" (Why was it so short?), "Mama" (Not bad, but I feel like there's something missing.) and "The lovely bones" (Girl, you are 14 years old and follow a man you obviously don't really know, just because he said he built something for you teenagers??! Who would actually do that?!). Otherwise I just made my sister watch "Transformers Prime" - oh, the hilarity...

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I watched Red yesterday and I just watched Red 2 at the cinemas. They were both pretty good films with good comedy and action. I think the comedy was better in the first but the action was better in the second, and they were both just as good overall. I'd give them both a 7/10.

13. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    I know it's adapated from books but the Fox did not say they will make a third movie, they have waited three years to do the second so no one says they will make the third one. The other kind of franchise like that do one every year : Hobbit, LOTR, Hunger Games, Harry Potter.

The Lovely Bones, I saw it many times, I love it, it is just a wonderful movie. Saoirse Ronan is just perfect in this movie, her best performance. You know sometimes people make mistakes and go without thinking, furthermore lots of teenagers are unconscious of risks ( there are many examples ) , if you really think about it some people would actually do that.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't watched anything since Elysium. I probably won't be back in the theater until The Desolation of Smaug, but there are a few movies I want to rent; Oblivion and Pacific Rim come to mind.

I tried to read The Lovely Bones and couldn't get through the first chapter.

I read the first Hunger Games book and downloaded the next two but haven't read them yet. The series was decent but I thought it was overhyped.

They filmed part of it in Charlotte; the line to try out for an extra's part was hilariously long.

15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The first GI:Joe was on television, so I decided to have it on in the background whilst I read. What an awful, CGI-filled mess.
    REGRET.

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    My brother introduced me to the Japanese film Battle Royale (it's available on Netflix now) back when I was in high school. It seemed like Hunger Games was getting a lot of praise so I gave it a shot recently. I could not have been more disappointed. I haven't read the book, but if it's anything like the movie, then I can't help but believe that the film/book is a blatant ripoff of Battle Royale, only without the goofy charm and hyper-violence of the latter.

I would encourage anyone that enjoyed The Hunger Games to watch Battle Royale.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  17. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    I read the three Hunger Games books in 3 days, I was just after I saw the movie, love them.

Battle Royal is really not my kind of movies, just do not like horror movies, never watch horror movies.

Does anyone know that Lucas's wife is the Chairman of Dreamworks Animation ?
    It would have been logic that Lucas sells LFL to Dreamworks Animation as his wife is the Chairman. Also SW ( movies and TCW ) have messages, they are not just a story, there is a message through them just as Dreamworks Animation movies. Lucas criticized the movies that does not give message through the story and Disney is exactly why he criticizes. As I was talking with friends about it, it is illogical what Lucas did.

Really excited about The Mentalist season 6, we're finally going to know who is RED JOHN, it is going to be epic.

I saw The Fisher King yesterday, it was a very funny movie.
    Tonight, I'll see Déjà Vu.

Concerning actors, the official twitter of Tom Cruise follows me on twitter. I was quite surprise because I did not expect it. I know Tom does not tweet a lot but his team does, so it is great.

That scene from Percy Jackson was very cool in my opinion :

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Whaaaaat!? That was an awesome film, but G.I. Joe: Retaliation was way better.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  19. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Never saw a GI JOE movie, maybe I should try to watch it. My problem with GI JOE is Channing Tatum, I saw him in few movies and I do not see his talent of actor but maybe he is better in GI JOE.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Basically sometime last year Channing Tatum learned to act and now everone's going "OMG CHANNING TATUM IS TEH AWESOMEST!!! PUT HIM IN ALLLL THE MOVIES!!!!"

Hence GI Joe: Retaliation getting pushed back, so they could add more stuff with him, showing off said suddenly-gained acting prowess.

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    He's pretty good in the first one, but Dwayne Johnson is the main actor in the second one and I reckon he makes a better lead role.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    *sigh* I always feel old when I see people refer to The Rock by his real name. I mean, I just saw him in Pain & Gain, and that was totally The Rock, not Dwayne "The Tooth Fairy" Johnson.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK, LACWAC geniuses, interpret the hell out of this one:

Last night I dreamed that I came out of the grocery store and found Hans Gruber under my car planting a bomb. John McClane swooped in just in time and stopped Gruber and the bomb but then I couldn't leave because my tire was flat.

I only see a few options:

1. I need to drink a different brand of pumpkin ale while watching the Panthers lose;

2. I pissed off a German dude somewhere and don't know it.

3. My life is the warped version of a set of an 80s action movie.

4. All of the above.

24. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    I have another option, it was just a dream and you don't control your subconscient :p

25. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I liked The Hunger Games books, especially the first two, and then the ending of the third was just a huge ******* copout, one of the worst endings in a major series EVER. The film was okay, but rife with terrible shaky camerawork that makes you irritate wildly and lose focus and pathetic special effects that made the Capitol look like a fake version of futuristic Theed. Technically speaking, Catching Fire looks to be a major improvement.

Force Smuggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.