main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT My Darth Vader Theory

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Kran Starborn, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I can somewhat see Anakin seeing Mace Windu as a traitor, and that's even pushing it. Anakin almost Killed Palpatine when he found out about his true nature. He killed Dooku as well because he was a Sith Lord.

Anakin killed 5 year olds, he killed the very people that took it from a slave on tatooine, and turned him into a jedo hero that was known all over the galaxy. There is a reason the Jedi masters didn't want him to be trained, and they where proved right..

The galaxy would have been better off had Anakin stayed as slave and died as one.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Chances are if he had stayed a slave, Palpatine's plans would have been slightly different, but would still have been put into action.

We can't say for sure that the galaxy would have been better off.

kainee likes this.
  3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Lloyd Anakin was a sweet normal kid. He had all the potential to grow up into a normal adult. That he is missing his mom is absolutely normal.

The Jedi and especially Obi-Wan screwed up. Majorly. But its no surprise considering the "stellar" and self-contradicting pareting of Obi-Wan.

kainee likes this.
  4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I do think that Jedi Knights should not start training other Jedi until they've spent at least a few years on the job.

Obi-Wan should not have treated "train him" as "you train him" but "persuade a Master to train him".

Dark Lady Mara and Darth_Pevra like this.
  5. Skelter

Oct 31, 2012
    Every child is normal, at least 99% of the times. Anakin grew up to be a cocky ******* because he was blessed with an raw force power. He had choices, he could have chosen not to kill children after Sidious told him he didn't really have the power to save Padme. Only a moron would be oblivious to the fact that he was lied to. How did the Jedi screwed up? By taking him out of slavery, giving him food, shelter and training?? Oh, the horror...:)

6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    No, you can clearly see that all Anakin faced was passive-aggressive comments from Obi-Wan every day, rejection by the council members (Windu), and no one to turn to when he has a problem (dream scene).

He was quite well adjusted in TPM, not even a mommas boy, as he bravely ventured out into the world. But in AOTC he is a complete idiot/whiner/mass murderer. One has to wonder what turned him into it because in TPM (the movie) there is no hint that he is a problematic child.

kainee and Dark Lady Mara like this.
  7. Skelter

Oct 31, 2012
    Without Anakin, Windu would have killed Sidious. If that's not better off, don't know what is.

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Or Sidious would not have confessed in the first place, provoking his arrest.

9. Gray_Jedi R

Gray_Jedi R Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2013
    I don't think so. The jedi were never Anakin family and I severely doubt he considers them to be so.

His mother was his family. Padme was his family. Obi-Wan was his family. And Palpaine was his family. Anakin consider Obi-Wan as a brother but, sadly, at that point of his life, Palpatine was the most similar to a father figure that he had.

I coudn't have said better, myself.

Without Anakin, Count Dooku would be still alive. Probably Kenobi would be dead, by his hands. Palpatine would've executed the Order 66 before any jedi could find out his game. (Even so, I firmly believe Palpatine's defeat against Windu was just a fake staged to trap Anakin). Without Anakin, there's not Luke and Leia. So goodbye to the new hope. So Empire for a long, long time.

We have to accept it. Whether you like or dislike Anakin, he was the Chosen One. The one to bring balance to the Force. The Force itself whised so. And so did it happened.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  10. KOBBRA

KOBBRA Jedi Master

Sep 15, 2013
    Nope dude that was a trap for Luke! Vader obey the emperor.... vader want to bring luke directly to the emperor to draw him into the dark side. :) But that never happen soo ;)

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The RoTJ novelization at least makes it clear that Vader's desire to destroy the Emperor with Luke's help is genuine. However, he also agrees with the Emperor's opinion that neither of them can turn Luke on their own- they need to work together to turn Luke first, before trying to use Luke to kill one another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.