main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW: Rise Network- Podcast/Site Discussion

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by heels1785 , Sep 5, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    First off- thanks Adam for the approval to post.

This thread will serve as means to discuss and interact across TFN and give updates on our upcoming podcast entitled Star Wars: RISE, set to debut in October.

Our team at the moment includes:
    Trimaj
    whiteeagle
    SithStarSlayer
    Lazy Storm Trooper
    MandaloreYak

The show will geared towards covering in-depth conversations spanning the films, novels, comics, and other avenues through which the EU has grown. Novel reviews, continuity conversations, and character studies will also be a large part of our show. A few years ago, I hosted a show on the Star Wars Fanworks network entitled "In The Beginning," which centered on an in-depth look at many aspects of the prequels- while larger in scope, this podcast is expected to be similar in nature, in following with great past fan audio productions in the likes of Nathan Butler's ChronoRadio and Dany Pepin's (and friends) Star Wars En Direct from the early 2000s. Of course, there are also many fantastic podcasts out there at the moment, including TFN's own- we aim to make our contribution in expanding the genre and community.

Paralleling our podcast will be our blog, which is up and running, and linked in my signature. We are always looking for contributing authors, who we hope to also ask back to be guests for the show.

The Network will also host a completely unrelated show entitled Republic Sports Radio, aimed towards discussing the week in sports, with rotating hosts. Many of our editors and authors are passionate sports fans, so we figured we would diversify the experience. Down the road, we are completely open to hosting other podcasts on SW, general sci-fi, comics, etc.

Authors and editors, feel free to discuss posts, etc. Anyone who would like to contribute to the show, please feel free to give us a shout in the thread.

Cheers-
    heels

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    awesome, nice to have a bit of a home spot that isn't amount of people limited for this.

i completely forgot to mention before, i do really like the new look over there. it's much cleaner and more appealing.

also, would like to be one of the first to officially welcome Chukles38 to the crew. i heard through the grapevine he's even working on a post as i type this so... maybe there'll be two posts today! that'd be a first.

that first post was one i just put up actually, it's the start of what is going to be a long journey for me, but hopefully a rewarding one for both myself and anyone who decides to tag along with me as i read through as near the entirety of SWs as i can. i've read the dawn of the jedi comics to date, and will be starting on the dawn of the jedi novel soon for anyone who wants to read along with me. the comics were excellent, and i'll be going more into them later on, but there was something about the first comic that really just struck me and so i post about it.

http://starwarsrise.com/2013/09/05/an-adventure-begins/

anyway, looking forward to getting the podcast up and going finally. hopefully we can get some topics and such finalized soon heels?

heels1785 likes this.
  3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I hope have something about "Maul's new forrest gumps" or "This is not your father's Vader" up by this weekend.

heels1785 and Trimaj like this.
  4. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    cool, i very much look forward to getting to read that.

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Sorry, on my tab. Given my history in PT, and having watched all TCW eppy's a million times...
    Left-field, I've been working on Maul from the Essential Guide's, or should I say Palpatine's point of view?[face_mischief]
    And, I want to make it a poll at the end. [face_mischief]x2.

6. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    lol. the first poll. was wondering when that'd finally show up.

no worries about where you're writing from. or on what, rather.

palps point of view is always interesting, i have to say. i kind of wish they'd do another book from his perspective, but i'm hoping very seriously that they don't bring him back in the ST. that would just be... blech.

7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I should be posting my top ten best and worst Star Wars games tomorrow. Sadly not doing the worst because I simply did not know what to put for it.

8. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    Knights of the Old Republic 2 would be a good start

9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    for worst? really?

10. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
  11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    we will have to seriously agree to disagree on that one. i'd probably go TFU2 and TFU for worst long before it even gets near KOTOR II.

12. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Umm... TFU is on my top ten best. [face_nail_biting]

13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Sorry for the double post but I would like to create an article as a memorial to Ann Crispin and if anyone has any words to say for it please post.

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, gameplay only TFU is a lot of fun, but i detest, despise and otherwise want to burn, destroy and obliterate the storyline. that borderline ruins the game for me.

oh, and you do realize that none of us actually has to agree with you on... much of anything really? i mean this is a lot of opinion related stuff after all, and everyone has different ones.

15. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
  16. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Very good idea. I was thinking about doing a post for her, but it's been a while since I read the books and I don't think I could do an in-depth job justice. I'd be happy to submit any words, whenever you'd like.

Annnd to shamelessly self-plug, my first post just got published: http://starwarsrise.com/2013/09/06/star-wars-as-literature-it-can-be-done-and-also-hello/

heels1785 likes this.
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    First podcast will be released this Sunday! Premiere episode of Republic Sports Radio, this time hosted by myself and MandaloreYak. Hosts will rotate and swap out regularly, so anyone who is interested is certainly invited- I know Trim and whitey are on the board to help out already.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  18. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I feel weird being the youngest author on the blog and now not being the only Imperial on the site. :(

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

No worries! We all bring different perspectives and skills- looking forward to having your gaming expertise.

20. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    You're looking at this all wrong. This is where we gang up on the rest of them and conquer the blog for the Empire. :p

Seriously, though, it makes for a nice mixture.

21. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Sorry friend, just saw this. I am looking to fill four segments for the first show- one of which will be a review/discussion of JJM's Kenobi.

As for the other three, I'd like to have one as a character discussion- I was thinking Darth Maul, since I know SithStarSlayer has some strong :)p) feelings on the character himself, and there's a lot going on with him, leading up to the new novel in early 2014.

Certainly taking suggestions, and guests to come on via Skype voice to record the segments.

23. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    If there is not a full crew for the podcast I could join in it it just a matter of finding my mic.

heels1785 likes this.
  24. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    As a note, I am always willing to do some podcast recording. Sounds like a blast, just sayin. :p

Also, while I have always had pro Rebellion/Republic leanings, with this talk of an imperial takeover in the wind, I am totally up for... discussions as to my allegiance, if the price is right. :p

25. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Hmm.. I got an idea. Any rebel scum out there?

heels1785 likes this.