main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Unleashed Figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Normal_Nerds, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Normal_Nerds

Normal_Nerds Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    Did anyone else get these figures? they stood around 8-9 inches tall and only cost about £18 a piece ($20-25).

I've got the Luke, Vader and Obi-Wan figures pictured below, but I would love a Darth Revan one. I'd also be keen to get a Mara Jade or Jaina Solo one too.

Who'd like to see some more of these figures come out with the new trilogy and who would you like to see featured?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got Boba and Jango on display, and a Slave Leia and Vader packaged. I like the figures and was disappointed when they were discontinued. However, the Kotobukiya/ArtFX figures aren't a bad substitute. They're more expensive though. If you haven't checked them out you should.

3. Normal_Nerds

Aug 21, 2013
    Year, they have some nice stuff and that's not just restricted to SW. The Unleashed figures just had a dynamism that other figures don't have that makes them unique.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I enjoyed this line - started picking them up around when they got discontinued. I've got a few in storage so I'm not 100% sure who all I have, but I'm pretty sure I have:

Anakin AOTC
    Padme
    Obi-Wan
    Aayla Secura
    Obi-Wan vs Anakin ROTS
    Chewbacca ROTS
    Chewbacca ANH
    Han Solo -ANH
    Han Solo - Stormtrooper Disguise
    Darth Vader ROTJ
    Luke Skywalker - Hoth Pilot Attack
    Bossk
    Darth Maul
    Palpatine Vs. Yoda (I'm pretty sure I have this one)
    Clone Trooper
    Assajj Ventress
    Tuskin Raider

It would be pretty cool to have the line return, sadly I don't see it happening. I think the closest you're going to get right now, as LAJ said the Koto figures (they have a cool Jaina & Mara Jade on the way) or Hasbro's new 6" figures.

5. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have all of the Unleashed figures. I wish they would bring the line back...

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I remember this line exploding on the secondary market shortly after it was cancelled. Some of them, like Boba Fett, were commanding 4x their original retail. It's funny, because I'd seen that wave with Boba, Han etc. clogging the pegs at my local TRU for months, and then *poof!*, gone to eBay with a buy it now of $80.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Now if you hunt you can pick up most of them at reasonable prices.

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I only have the two Lukes (Jedi and Hoth pilot Gear), and there are a few I've been kicking my self for not picking up @ retail; Han, Boba Fett, Darth Vader and maybe Slave Leia (not so much because I love that one, but sadly it was the only Leia they made as I recall). I'll have to check and see what they're going for now-a-days :D.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I have 31 of them. 2 of them are the cylinder packaging with Luke ROTJ and Fett escaping the Sarlacc. I do have the masked vader for TESB, and laughed my ass of when people tried to charge $550 for the unmasked version. I mean, If I were rich I'd consider it I guess so maybe it's not crazy, but that sort of stuff is hilarious none the less.

So. I have:

Luke ROTJ both package versions.
    Fett cylinder
    Luke in Orange flight suit
    IG-88
    Aurra Sing
    Mace Windu
    Clone Trooper
    Tusken Raider
    Chewie
    Bossk
    Han Solo
    Dooku
    Anakin w/ lava, Obi Wan/w lava
    Obi Wan, uh regular attire? He has his robe on.
    2 General Grievous, one in the package, one out.
    Palpatine shooting lightining
    Vader "I am your father!" pose.
    Darth Maul which is awesome
    Padme
    Ayla Secura
    Slave Leia
    Young Anakin, aotc
    Palaptine vs Yoda x 2
    Assaj Ventress X 2 one in the box, one out
    And 2 of Vader leaping down the stairs in TESB.

Normal_Nerds likes this.
  10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I've been tempted to pick up Bossk on eBay. The figures were pretty cool when they were first released, and I debated buying them then, however I was far too into toys to consider any real collecting. To an extent, I'm still into articulation over statuary, but I do like how statues and figures look on my shelves.

11. Normal_Nerds

Aug 21, 2013
    Wow. Have you got them all on display? That must be a full shelf!

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Yes. What is supposed to be my dining room is my SW merchandise display area. The Unleashed figs hang via small pegs on one wall and part of them turn a corner. I quite like it. Beneath them are 4 full chest high book shelves with various merchandise displayed upon them. I had a pic but it's not vey good.

Normal_Nerds likes this.
  13. Normal_Nerds

Aug 21, 2013
    Sounds good. My wife puts up with my nerd stuff around the office space and that's about it.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah that was the only Leia :( Actually she's not too bad considering that other companies have made others that are far more suggestive in their poses. I will probably have to hunt her down also.

I have the Bossk - he's in storage at the moment, but I really liked his pose. How you collect is up to you. I collect a combo of statuary and articulated figures that I display together. I do love the figures from this line because they add some visual BANG to your displays:

[​IMG]

Normal_Nerds and Juke Skywalker like this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I like your Tater Trooper. I have the Vader one on display in my hallway.

16. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    the only one i have is the maul one, i got it on ebay in it's package along with about 4 saga figures in package for a fairly cheap amount, around 20 dollers. (only about 4-5 years ago)

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I love those taters - I have R2 also who I think is a riot. Did you ever get the special Disney edition Fett one?

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No - never saw the Fett one. I saw Vader locally and snagged him at the time.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    He was only at Disneyland so you would've had to ebay him. They did Leia, Luke, C-3PO, Han, Chewie, and I think Darth Maul also. Since they're limited editions - they're not cheap.

[​IMG]

I forgot about the Count Dooku Unleashed Figure, I have him also. If I can ever clear out the rest of the boxes in my office, I need one more bookshelf - I guess an AOTC shelf is in order for my Dooku/Zam stuff since they don't really go w/ the stuff on my Sith Shelf at the moment. I believe I have Mace Windu too.

Grrr sometime this winter we'll need to really attack our storage unit so I can unearth my last items that are buried.

20. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have to check EBay for Boba :)

21. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    This brings me back...

Nowadays, for your professional Star Wars statues, one can only turn to Sideshow or some other big name in the business. However, for those who don't have a disposable income (like my friends and me in grade school), these figures were awesome. For around $20, it was entirely possible to collect them (I still have Obi-Wan vs. Anakin). Despite being for display, the intricate designs and details really jumped out at us kids, and it was always nice to see who they'd do next.

Seriously, the epic poses and raw emotion packed into these was amazing. Don't believe me? They even made Stormtroopers look epic:
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, like all good things, it had to come to an end. They relaunched the name with smaller, cheaper figurines in 2006. It's cool that they wanted to make them cheaper, thus more accessible, but they just didn't command same the same presence on a shelf. The reactions went from "holy ****, this thing looks like it's about to jump off my shelf!" to "wow, he's holding a weapon and slowly walking forward." Then again, it seemed they were shifting focus from being purely for display to giving them play value. I dunno, it seems like there was already a lot of options for that.

So anyways, I believe it's only right to observe a moment of silence for the original Star Wars Unleashed line.

LAJ edit - that word has to be asterisked out.

22. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I love this line and if I spot one I don't have at a local comic shop or convention, I don't hesitate picking it up.

My favorite of the line is Padme, which my fiancee is not a fan of. [face_laugh]

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  23. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Glad I found this thread - the Star Wars Unleashed line was fantastic....relatively inexpensive (roughly $20 each) sets with superb, durable sculpts & great character selection. I got into the line somewhat late, and missed the first several waves (Darth Maul, etc.), but got some of the later ones like Palpatine w/lightning bolts, Asaji Ventress, Sandperson, etc. I liked how they re-released some of the sets (i.e., Boba Fett escaping from the Sarlaac, etc.) in different packaging, thereby giving those of us who had missed these the first time around another chance to get them...

I would really like to see this line come back, and would like to see it include brand new sets, as well as re-releases of some of the older ones....I really want that Darth Maul, Aayla Secura, and IG-88....

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Just doing a quick eBay search it seems that the prices have come back down to earth on these. Good news for anyone (like Blur) who wants to pick these up retroactively.

25. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Thanks for the info. - though it's unlikely, it would be nice if the line were to make a come-back @ retail sometime in the next several years. I think I preferred the original carded packaging to the re-released circular/bubble-like packaging, though the later packaging had the great artwork available as a poster-like insert...