main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is the Emperor really dead?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I think I may actually be a little bit disappointed if Anakin (read: Hayden) doesn't appear as a force ghost...that could be such a strong continuity element and would work perfectly for the story!!

I really hope this happens...

2. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    He's dead read the script.

3. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Great advice :p
    It's always negotiable with George and Co.

Dra--- likes this.
  4. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    But George is retired now. :p

vinsanity likes this.
  5. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003

He still has his hands in the pot, unfortunately.

6. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004

Yes, how unfortunate that the man who has created all that we hold so dear still has an iota of influence over the very thing.

DARTH_BELO and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  7. 3PO

Nov 5, 2003

[​IMG]

Darth_Pevra and Dra--- like this.
  8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Screenplays provide reliable information of one thing: what the writers were thinking at the time. Now the writers might be thinking differently. Still, as I've said too many times in this thread, I think it would be most interesting to have Palps come back as a Sith spirit, so that we could see how he's in a kind of hellish existence in comparison to the Jedi peace state. That means he probably wants to find a way to re-embody himself in someone or some thing; to possess, which actually says a lot about the Sith/neo-con ideology.

Immortiss likes this.
  9. SuperPersch

Apr 25, 2004

[​IMG]

10. 3PO

Nov 5, 2003
    [​IMG]

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You've almost met your tolling quota for the evening. Space it out. Make us work for it.

12. SuperPersch

Apr 25, 2004

When I was a teenager, after I had wrecked my first three cars, my parents bought me my fourth, and final one. Now, overall, I loved this car. It was the color I wanted, it had a killer sound system, nice seats, it drove smooth, had enough horsepower. A really solid car, that I used all the time, and I still have it to this day. However, I was disappointed that it had manual windows. I mean, how annoying! Every time I have to roll the window down, I have to use that little crank.

Still. I love the car. It runs like a dream. I have had many adventures in it, and I am completely thankful to my parents for buying it for me. There is so much that I like about it, that I hardly ever think about the features I don't like about it. Nothing's perfect, right? And anyway, it was given to me. As a gift! For me to enjoy. I would never tell my parents how disappointed I was with the windows. I take the bad with the good, because it outweighs anything that doesn't meet my entitled, bratty, spoiled rotten expectations.

Take from that what you will.

13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Funny. I thought one had to pay for ones movie ticket, like for any other product.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  14. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I'm glad he has some say. He has good idea's. He's just not a good script Writer or Directer. He should have admitted that to himself after Episode 1 & hired some help. Like he did with Episode 7-9 by hiring Arndt. Who he hired before Disney bought Lucasfilm.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  15. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    The Emperor is not dead dead. He's only mostly dead.

Yancy

16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    He is dead enough for a considerable part of an audience to be annoyed with any resurrection. A few people I know even go so far to hate Palpatine as a character. And, well, he is pretty bland compared to someone like the Joker or John Doe or any other great villain. LFL can do better.

I_Love_Scotch likes this.
  17. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    Thank the Lord someone finally said it. Palps is boring.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  18. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Haha, Palps > the Joker.

Subtle mastermind > nihilist madman any day!

[face_phbbbbt]@Darth_Pevra!

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    He is the opposite of subtle. He is basically the megalomaniac 100% super-psychopath who loves to gloat and that's all there is to him. He has no motivations and interests except "powerrr, unlimited powerrr".

I'm gonna say it again: I would love to see an idealistic villain this time around, someone like Magneto or John Doe. Someone who wants to better the world but uses reprehensible methods. Vader had aspects of this, but the power motive was still in the foreground with him.

20. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Opposite of subtle? It took him three films to reveal himself. Harumph.

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    That disguise of him in TPM is only a little better than Clark Kent's sunglasses. Must have been really convinced the Neimoidians wouldn't turn of him, despite treating them like crap and giving them every reason to...

He was also extremely obviously a Sith in the ROTS opera scene.

Then there's also the "emergency powers" thingy in AOTC.

22. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    You're a hard Pevra to please.

Immortiss and Darth_Pevra like this.
  23. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    I have always thought Star Wars even in the PT have great baddies. Darth Maul and Dooku were good and even grevious was interesting but other than Dooku were under developed. I'd like the new baddie to be a constant like Vader was. Having a sith ghost with a baddie, maybe not even a sithster but I'd say female is something I think would be interesting. Could the emperor possess someone through a sith ceremony perhaps? And then try to get revenge because we haven't seen that as of yet.

24. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Palpy is dead, he was tossed like a ragdoll in an angry childs room down the spire shaft. He isn't coming back except for holocron.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  25. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    I think we're missing the point here. Yes, he is dead to the living world. However, the end of ROTJ saw positive change in the world of the living, but the final trilogy will see the battle for both sides of reality. Yoda, Ben, maybe even Luke and co. will die, and battles will be fought, like I said, on both sides of reality in order to finally bring true peace.

You're welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.