main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcements Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheTwinSuns, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    So she's watching a marathon too? Getting familiar with the full story? Gosh darn her and her tweases!!!

2. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    She was messing with Butterfly knives and glaives (real ones, well you know what I mean) at 12 years old, she doesnt need toys to train with and if I remember correctly she said she didn't do much training for Kick Ass 2 at all because she didnt have the time and she didnt really need it, after doing the first one, she just has an insane work out regime, so there was no reason to train, for kick ass 2 at least, so yet again the question pops up, why was she doing Lightsaber training?

3. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Okay...what did I miss? lol

4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Why not? She could just be having fun. Not everytime a celeb does something related to Star wars instantly means they are somehow involved in the movie. But whatever....I just dont see her likely

People debating whether or not Moretz is involved with SW7 based on her recent tweets where she is talking about Star wars

TheStorm likes this.
  5. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Or to sum up, this: [​IMG]

;)

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
  7. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    No, please no. Im all for more lightsaber colors for any major jedi character. Keep the fodder with blue/green but as per Mace Windu getting a purple saber to standout from the rest in a major battle with tons of other jedi, so too should any major character be given that option if desired. Plus it might help them establish their character, which can only benefit the film.

After all Jedi where only supposed to have blue sabers, but Tatooine's brightness making a blue saber really bland looking in RotJ forcing Luke to have a green saber. Mace getting a purple Saber was for the same reason, basically, so the audience could visually be drawn to certain points. So I forgive any non blue/green saber for main cast or powerful jedi in supporting cast.

8. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002

Interesting. She would be great. I remember hearing that Vaughn wanted her when he was in the running to direct.

9. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    If she was messing with toys that is just fine, but serious training, repeating the same things over and over, you don't do that just for a laugh, I am not saying this instantly means she's the lead role and playing Jaina bad-ass Solo, but this isn't something you just do off-hand, lightsaber training with instructors, hardly an every day activity and she clearly kept it out of the public eye as much as she could.

10. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

I know that it is just a fan image, but it looks awesome.

11. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Surprised, with people asking her and all due to her recent tweets, that she hasn't said that she isn't in Episode VII...

Echo-07 likes this.
  12. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Disagree. I don't want them to get crazy with the lightsabers. There is an established canon with lightsabers that don't include light-naunchucks, or black blades or purple blades galore.

Green & Blue for Jedi and artificial Red for the Sith. Period.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Does she answer to tweets often? I mean she could be not answering it because she knows no matter what she says people will assume she's involved. If she says no comment that = "OMG she's in it!", if she denies it people will go "OMG its just a lie, she actually is in it!". Its a no win scenario

14. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't think its a "no win" scenario. She's being blatant IMO. IF she's NOT involved she's campaigning hard. AND if that's the case -- campaigning -- then she brings everything -- the questions, the comments, the praise and criticisms -- upon herself.

15. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002

I disagree about the colors. For years in the EU we've seen pics of the Yellow/Orange. We need a little variety. So for regular lightsabers I vote we get those two colors in there. Not to go crazy, but add a few more.

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I really want to see yellow. In the EU it can look quite badass, especially combined with something black.

Ryus likes this.
  17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    That is a cool fansite Echo-7. Thanks for sharing that.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
  19. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Cats already out of the bag imho when they changed Luke's blue saber in Return of the Jedi to green... then compounded the issues with Mace getting purple.

I dont want it getting crazy either but for major character it benefits the audience by drawing the eye to the key characters in scenes with lots of Jedi (reason behind Mace getting purple) and lighting conditions making blue/green less noticable (reason for post preduction change of Luke's saber to green).

Plus as mentioned by other, it's handled with taste in the EU and video games while including a few more basic colors. Too many already see it as the natural way to go, imho. Colors like yellow, orange, and white are fine imho... plus Lucas himself added those black blades (not lightsabers) in the clone wars

20. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    No prob. It's always updated and very through for rumors and info. BTW -- the guy who runs it is a member here. I am in no way associated with it however. I just go there everyday as well as here.

Peeps by now should get ready for the EU to be obliterated. Chewie, for instance, will be back. Alive and in one piece.

Luke having green saber was a plot device -- he built his own lightsaber after losing his in TESB. That scene was cut, but it wasn't a "cat out of the bag" because of the production. Total story.

21. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    Yeh lightsaber colours went out the window when Lucas approved the black-bladed lightsabers in TCW and TFU, something I thoroughly detest and despise with a passion.

But as far as Moretz goes, couldnt get a better young actor IMO, instant casting victory for JJ if he signs her on, a class act in every respect, you also wont have to deal with any stigma that usually comes with teen actresses, especially the Disney variety, when you have Vanessa Hudgens, Miley Cyrus and god knows who else damaging our eyes these days and falling out of bars, Chloe Moretz is the absolute opposite breed from them, very professional.

PS: Lets keep the EU debate out of here hm, dont want to resurrect that and have the moderators forced to put it back in it's grave, we'll just have to wait and see what happens where the EU is concerned.

22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I hope the cantina thing is false. If not my fear of Episode VII being a fan-pandering nostalgia trip would be heightened a bit.

Gallandro and Darth_Pevra like this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    No, not always. Silver, black and white are stupid colours. Orange looks awful. Viridian and cyan is nonsense. But that's just my opinion.

StoneRiver likes this.
  24. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Echo-07 : Sorry, but I have been lead to believe for many years, the only reason Luke got a green sabre in RotJ was because the blue sabre wouldn't stand out in front of the blue Tatooine sky. Are you saying I have garnered false information?

25. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

The portion of this article from Marketsaw really disturbs me. The Sequel Trilogy really needs to move into new territory and leave the PT and OT behind, while honoring both. If you really wanted to do a ST featuring the original cast then you should have made those films about 15 years ago. Let's be honest, outside of Ford, the Big 3 are B-list actors at best... Fisher's best days were the mid-80s when she took smaller roles in films like "Hannah and Her Sisters," "The Burbs," and "When Harry Met Sally." And Hamill's career virtually end after ROTJ with the exception of his incredible catalog of voice work.

Having the ST be more tonally similar to the OT is fine, just don't get too wrapped up in pigeon-holing the story to fit the Big 3 in the film as much as possible. Heck I'd be thrilled if the ST took place hundreds of years after the OT with the descendants of the Skywalkers and Solos doing battle against the forces of the Sith who rise again. Have Luke appear in a Holocron, or maybe a Force ghost... just don't turn Episode VII into a fanwank fest.

Yancy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.