main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul in Star Wars Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, May 22, 2013.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I'm with you when you say he'll appear in a spinoff and the rebels series, but in the ST? That would be ... bold. The resulting ****storm might reach the stratosphere.

Edit: Gotta star out the word.

2. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    No, forget Maul, his fate can be left to mystery.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    too bad that can of worms was opened long ago

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I like Maul, he should be killed off in the first episode

5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Maul should be forgotten about, like they should've done to begin with.

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    AMEN!

Here is what I think...

REBELS should stay away from the Maul stuff as far as possible. There is plenty of good stories that could be done without the overdoing of fan service. Maul being the most painful example...
    Rebels needs to be its own thing with some major ties to "The Clone Wars" aka some characters that we saw, but never got the chance to explore more. I can see Lux Bonteri even becoming a Rebel and part of the show... BUT NOT MAUL.

If Disney are planning a solo Obi-Wan Kenobi movie then I think Maul should be better left for that media. His appearance as a cyborg like he was in TCW would mean one thing:

Disney could have Maul come back in a new movie about Kenobi and have him be like in TCW. It would be perfect for audience cause they would not need to know how he got this way, but if they need to see how he got the way he is in the future movie then TCW is the thing to watch.
    Having the Darksaber in the movie might not be explained, but for general audiences that love Maul...well... it would be just a new toy that is too WOW the viewers.
    We, the fans, will know the story behind the saber, but the regular cinema-goer would not need to be burdained with the knowledge of where it came from.

The same about his legs.
    Like with the Infinities story that has Maul going to Tatooine to hunt down Obi-Wan (something that feels more canon than not), we do not question how he got the legs. We just know he is back with new legs. If we need to know who gave them to him then we again have TCW to go to and see how the Mandalorians gave them to him...

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  7. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Gah, no! Way too much potential. That's like his TPM death all over again!

8. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I think they should resolve the Maul issue in a spin-off movie.

9. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013
    I say if he HAS to show up the it should go something like this:

- Palpatine discovers the son of Vader
    -Sends Maul to eliminate Luke on Tatooine
    -Obi intervenes
    -Epic battle occurs
    -Obi aims for the neck this time
    -Owen sees this, tells Obi to stay away
    -The End

10. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    TheMDOSS1313 Well if he tried once to kill Luke why would he not try again with another person.

11. TheMDOSS1313

Sep 8, 2013
    Good point! How about this then?
    Obi Wan is on his way to Tatooine with baby Luke when Maul on his own time tracks down Obi for some revenge.
    Battle happens and the end!
    Not perfect and technically couldn't take place during Rebels time period but, hey, sue would make a heckuva story! ;)

12. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Kinda already done in the EU, albeit in an Infinities story:

[​IMG]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Wounds

They can always canonize Old Wounds to end Maul's story once and for all.

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Palpatine doesn't find out until after Obi-Wan is dead, and after the show's timeframe.

KenobiSkywalker and cwustudent like this.
  14. TheMDOSS1313

Sep 8, 2013
    I know, I've just always wanted an excuse to have it in there.

Is that how it happens? I wasn't aware of that.
    I thought that Palpatine in ROTS knew Padme was pregnant and that she had delivered at least one baby.
    I always thought that he had knowingly lied to Vader at the end of 3, with that dastardly line " In your anger...you killed her."
    Of course, I'm probably wrong,and you're right. ;)

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Mesa like-a dees! Although it would beg the question - why didn't the Emperor send anyone else after Maul was defeated?

16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It would be a plot hole. Palpatine didn't know that Vader's son was being hidden on Tattoine in the Lars homestead, and it needs to stay that way - otherwise it just gets silly.

If he had known, he would have sent someone to kill the boy or bring him in for brainwashing to the Dark Side.

If that person was Maul, and he was killed, it wouldn't change anything. As long as Luke remained in the Lars household, Palpatine would still know where he was. He would just send someone else. A hand, an inquisitor, a bunch of stormtroopers, maybe a bounty hunter. If they failed, send someone else again. Perhaps Vader himself eventually. Luke could not stay there.

17. TheMDOSS1313

Sep 8, 2013
    I have to admit, that you make a great point. How about this then?:
    -Maul over the course of the series breaks away from Palpy's hold.
    -Maul still hellbent on revenge on Kenobi goes Obi hunting.
    -epic Duel
    -once again aims for the neck.
    -The End

But I'm sure there is something wrong with this one as well;)

18. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    That's better. The only issues are Maul breaking away and how that would be tackled.

Maul already tried setting himself up as a rival warlord, a rival Dark Lord of the Sith once. Palpatine didn't expect it, it came out of nowhere and Maul was gathering forces at an alarming rate... so much so that Palpatine who normally orchestrates and commands and has people do stuff for him, felt the need to personally go shut him down before he got out of hand.

It's happened once, Palps knows it could happen again.

Bearing that in mind, I'd imagine he would be keeping a closer eye and a tighter leash on him now.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Still seems plausible because this time his goal wouldn't be to amass an army again, he'd just go after Obi-Wan.

20. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    That's going to create plot hole.

If Palpatine knew Luke's existence and he was on Tatootine, he would keep send forces to take Luke until he succeed.

21. TheMDOSS1313

Sep 8, 2013
    Yes, I am well aware of this. The issue has already been addressed. Thanks for the reply though! :)

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Like Vader, Palps thought the baby died with Padme, plus they didn't know Padme had twins

23. TheMDOSS1313

Sep 8, 2013
    I see, I was just under that impression though.
    Thanks for explaining that!

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    No problem

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think Maul needs to be dealt with, on screen preferably burned to nothing like he'd been in a fight with Roy Mustang. That way the dude can't show up somewhere he's really not wanted. I feel a similar way about Ahsoka and morbidly feel like we need to see a body or some kinda proof she is gone. On this Luke thing because it is fun to try thing up ways to make a massive plothole work perhaps Maul could accidentally discover Luke on Tatoonie when hunting down Obi-wan for his own personal revenge. Maul might try to keep something like that a secret so no one else can get there first and ruin a last chance for revenge. Obi-wan was charged with guarding Luke right? So that'd be one more person Maul could try and kill infront of Obi-wan ontop of Qui-Gon and Satine. Then again that'd probably turn out boring.