main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Announcements Discussion 2.0... This time with actual announcements!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hi! Since our sickly, decrepit original Announcements thread became a catchall for dozens of rumors and speculations and guesses that weren't actually "Announcements", we have had to drag the old dog behind the shed and give 'er the Old Yeller treatment. SPOILER: We put the sick thing down. :(

With new threads to cover various semi-plausible rumors such as Benedict Cumberbatch, NY Casting Calls, and other reasonable discussions being allowed, this thread is for discussing actual announcements... or discussing the lack of actual announcements. This is a rumor-free zone. Don't make us euthanize this poor thread, as well. It breaks our hearts to look into a thread's sad eyes and pull the trigger... :_|

2. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    He was such a good boy!

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, but he turned feral once the other kids mistreated him so...

Dra--- and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  4. Yensid1974

Yensid1974 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    While I agree that the thread was getting a little...off topic I guess, we already have a thread for official announcements. Why do we need 2 of them?

5. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Good to start anew, gentlemen. Salute! The times they are a changin'

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003

The stickied thread is where anybody who is looking for confirmation of specific info will find it listed. This thread is for "burying" relevant information underneath an avalanche of banter and commentary.

StoneRiver, Dra--- and eht13 like this.
  7. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Sorry I guess I'm confused, you are allowing new types of threads for specific rumors now (the ones I see below for specific rumors are all locked)? Also what is the thread for discussing casting rumors now? Not this one?

8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    [​IMG]
    WHY????

That old thread was at least entertaining for those engaging in schadenfreude. But I suppose it was getting out of hand... May you rest in peace, Announcements Discussion Thread 1.0!

So, guys, how about those actual announcements? [face_whistling]

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Though I'm very much intrigued with the idea of Cumberbatch being cast for E7, ultimately I won't care if he's not involved.

10. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    We are in the process of discussing what is allowed now and not. We are trying to open it up so there is more fluid conversation and threads for legitimate rumors and spoilers, now that we are entering into information coming out. So people can discuss each aspect till their hearts content. This is something we started discussing in the last few hours so policy is possibly changing. Stay tuned for further information. :)

Dra--- and rezpen like this.
  11. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    ...and here I was hoping for some new information. :(

Lee_ and Togruta like this.
  12. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Man, Lucasfilm not release any casting news is really a torture now... nothing to talking about Ughhhhhh!!!

13. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    While I appreciate the efforts this seems a little silly. The whole point of a forum is to allow for the free exchange of ideas, and I would think a Spoiler-Allowed forum would be filled with all sorts of threads containing legit info as well as rumors. And another point, what constitutes a "legitimate rumor"? By their very definition rumors by and large are not very dependable, and sources are often dubious. Part of the fun of some of these threads (like the now defunct Announcements Thread 1.0) is debating the veracity of these rumors and following up with searches on the interwebs or social media for more information which either bolster or quash these rumors.

I would suggest just simply creating a series of sticky threads specifically for rumors rather than quashing these discussion, because frankly it's likely going to be a couple of months before we get any legitimate announcements regarding Episode VII.

Yancy

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  14. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I think a legitimate rumor is when you hear a rumor from MORE than one source, and also something Lucasfilm hints at being the truth.

For example: Latino Review, AICN, and two other site all posted the SAME rumor, or Latino Review posted a rumor, Lucasfilm rep on Twitter also posted a tweet that indicate something is definitely going on right at that time... Vaguely, most likely. We can treat it as a legit rumor due to that.

BUT, if Latino Review is alone at posting a rumor by themselves, that is NOT considered legitimate IMO.

ESPECIALLY after saying "DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE... follow us then we will reveal at 12am" kind of crap!

15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    And these are very valid points, which are actually part of the discussion at the moment.

16. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Damn, for a thread that promises "now with actual announcements," there were very little! False advertising, that is. :-|

17. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I think this thread should only be for stuff that is confirmed, leave "plausible" rumours for other threads....

Dra--- and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  18. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I never liked that dog. Peed in my yard from the very beginning.

19. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

I don't disagree with this. But couldn't we have had the thread refresh when actual news has started to roll in?

Without any actual news to discuss 2.0 seems rather pointless.

20. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Perhaps there will be something called "actual news" soon?

In the meantime, I advise enjoying the mystery of life. (Although getting rid of the old sick dog certainly seems a wonderful point to me.)

21. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

I'm one of the few people on here that advocates enjoying the ride, so you're preaching to the choir. :p

I just think opening a new thread for discussing news instead of rumour is kind of fruitless when, at least for the moment, most big news IS rumour.

22. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I thought there was a casting rumor thread now? And I believe the mods said that other rumor threads could be opened up when appropriate. So rumors can still be discussed, but not in an announcements threads. Makes sense, right?

23. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

I get the logic. I'm not convinced it's going to prevent another car crash though.

24. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    24 Posts old and this thread still doesn't contain any announcements !!!!

Togruta and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  25. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I know, right?

Funny how all the rumor leaking pages all promise "big announcement soon!" and "official comfirmation on the way" and days go by and nothing happens. :S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.