main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yensid1974

Yensid1974 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    If this thread is locked oh well....I just thought it would be a good place for these things specifically so please try to keep it on topic.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is a good start. Let's attempt to keep casting rumors in here. I switched the tag to "Rumor".

Sith_Knight087 and eht13 like this.
  3. Yensid1974

Yensid1974 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    Thanks!

So, anyone have anything new? I know its late on a Sunday but lets see what we've got.

Ryus and HugoWanKenobi like this.
  4. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
    Well, let's start: this weekend I heard a lot about some girl called Ksenia Solo, looks just fine for a character with sense of humor ;)

Graphic and Ryus like this.
  5. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Excellent!
    What would also be a great idea would be a casting rumor poll thread, so that LFL could simply check how their newest auditions fare without creating some super-duper-secret-board.
    But I haven't yet figured out how create such a thing so...

Immortiss likes this.
  6. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    That's a good idea!

7. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I find it interesting that the Benedict Cumberbatch rumor was cast dismissed quite fast, but we've not heard about the Rachael Hurd-Wood or Alex Pettyfer rumors anything ever since.

8. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    So... in the very beginning when the Solo Rumor comes up i was kinda like: o_O

But my Youtube research did wonders. Saw a lot of her Clips from Lost Girl and i think she fits the description of the independent and funny Girl very well. And her presence is in some way familiar.

Is there a girl that i can imagine on the controls of the Falcon when Han is possibly gone? Yup.

[​IMG]

Juke Skywalker, Ryus and Dra--- like this.
  9. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    I had my first casting announcement dream about Star Wars ever, weird must be spending too much time on TFN these days.
    Here is who it was, I give it no more credence than any other rumor.

[​IMG]

Zoey Deschanel

Echo-07 and vinsanity like this.
  10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Zoey Daschanel is far too old for either of the two female casting roles, thankfully. She's been good in realistic stuff but every fastasy role she's been in I could barely take her seriously at all since her acting took a nose dive. Its like comparing Natalie Portman in any movie to her prequal role as Padme.

Id take Ksenia Solo or Rachael Hurd-Wood over Zoey Daschanel any day.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  11. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

I love Zooey Deschanel -- she's my future wife after all. :p BUT I too don't think she's right for SW. She was pretty forgettable in Hitchhiker's Guide . . .

Ryus likes this.
  12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    She was really bland in that one, yeah.
    Not really a fan of that whole "quirky nerd girl" image or whatever it is.

Castiel and Ryus like this.
  13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I think the official term is "hipster." LOL

Or so I've been schooled recently.

14. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I hope this thread doesn't turn into another post-pictures-of-pretty-girls thread... [face_peace]

15. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    My friend's brother's cousin's nephew's roomate has informed me that E7 has officially cast someone already:

Roseann Barr has been cast to play Grody the Hutt

16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Apparently Harrison has broken his leg. They're rumoured to be casting it.

boom boom

On a more serious note, I hear they're looking at Annette Bening...
    [​IMG]

Surely, they wouldn't cast Annette?

17. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    It's for boys too, here are the rumored guys so far. I am not putting names on, if you don't know who they are you haven't been paying attention:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And
    Chloe's twitter just lit up about SW today
    http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/09/chloe-grace-moretz-preparing-herself.html#more
    From her latest photo shoot from 2013 Glamour Magazine
    [​IMG]

18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I totally think that Effron looks like the offspring of Han and Leia.

KSennia and Grand_Moff_Jawa like this.
  19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Take this for whats its worth.......A Latinos Post article claiming the big three have not signed contracts for the film. (edit: Initially published 4 Sept)

http://www.latinospost.com/articles...-7-casting-news-update-billy-dee-williams.htm

20. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I am not alarmed by that, it will happen. If true, it also explains the lack of announcement.

21. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Lucas says otherwise. I believe The Maker over some random website.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  22. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I think in terms of "which of these is actually real?" I think Pettyfer and Hurd-Wood are by far the most likely. They're both obscure enough to be believable as rumors (unlike, say, "CHANNING TATUM AS BEN SKYWALKER" or "EMMA WATSON AS HAN SOLO'S DAUGHTER") and they both visually fit the bill.

They both look like Star Wars actors, if that makes sense. Hurd-Wood has that soft but emotive face the women of the saga are known for, and Pettyfer definitely looks like a Skywalker. His face actually reminds me of a more handsome version of Joel Edgerton as Uncle Owen.

The only thing I'm not sold on is Pettyfers acting ability. I haven't seen "I am Number Four" but the trailers for it didn't do him any favors.

EDIT: On rewatching the trailer for I am Number Four, I think that while the movie itself looked terrible, Pettyfer seemed serviceable as a leading man.

And really, for a Star Wars leading man, serviceable is all we need. Mark Hammil never delivered an Oscar worthy preformance, in fact it could be said that he's a better voice actor than he ever was a screen actor, but he was still memorable in the role. Even with Hayden, I'm sure if he had been given some better lines to work with we would be remembering his preformance much more fondly.

As long as he looks the part and can competently perform basic emotions, then I think Michael Arndt's script should take care of the rest just fine.

Echo-07 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  23. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I thought all he'd said was they were very close to signing... which might have been his impression at the time he said it. He also said he'd never make sequels, that...well, if you go by what Lucas says, you can find all sorts of things he said that were 'wrong' (even if that means he simply changed his mind later).

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So did we ever get to the bottom of the whole Chloe Moretz rumors? I never read anywhere that she had lunch with JJ or was seen reading a Disney script and I would assume that would be all over the internet.

Trebor Sabreon and Corax78 like this.
  25. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.