main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Empire & Rebellion #2: Honor Among Thieves

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Barriss_Coffee, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Official summary for Empire & Rebellion: Honor Among Thieves is now up on Random House (http://www.randomhouse.com/book/227...r-wars-empire-and-rebellion-by-james-sa-corey):

[​IMG]

When the mission is to extract a high-level rebel spy from the very heart of the Empire, Leia Organa knows the best man for the job is Han Solo—something the princess and the smuggler can finally agree on. After all, for a guy who broke into an Imperial cell block and helped destroy the Death Star, the assignment sounds simple enough.

But when Han locates the brash rebel agent, Scarlet Hark, she’s determined to stay behind enemy lines. A pirate plans to sell a cache of stolen secrets that the Empire would destroy entire worlds to protect—including the planet where Leia is currently meeting with rebel sympathizers. Scarlet wants to track down the thief and steal the bounty herself, and Han has no choice but to go along if he’s to keep everyone involved from getting themselves killed. From teeming city streets to a lethal jungle to a trap-filled alien temple, Han, Chewbacca, Leia, and their daring new comrade confront one ambush, double cross, and firestorm after another as they try to keep crucial intel out of Imperial hands.

But even with the crack support of Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing squadron, the Alliance heroes may be hopelessly outgunned in their final battle for the highest of stakes: the power to liberate the galaxy from tyranny or ensure the Empire’s reign of darkness forever.

Author (s): James S. A. Corey (Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck)
    Release Date: March 04, 2014
    Page Count: 288

Gorefiend likes this.
  2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [face_plain]

3. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Hark! It's a Scarlet vagrant!

4. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Sounds like a better book than the first one. Although funny that it sounds like Han will have spent all of Star Wood trying to get off Coruscant, just to head right back there.

5. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Then what is this supposed to be?

6. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Aha! Good memory. Time to edit....

Zeta1127 likes this.
  7. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Stuff that, I'm excited by....

Rogue Squadron! [face_dancing]

Didn't care about this before and the cover's just cheap, but the plot actually sounds promising.

9. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Don't you mean Scarlet O'Hark? o_O

COMPNOR likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    At 288 pages, I simply cannot justify hardback prices. It will be very hard to wait given next year's potential drought, though.

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, there is that. Though, positive reviews of this and Razor's Edge would get it on to the Paperback Purchase List.

12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Yeah.... lets wait for those... [face_plain] so far it is at best average.

13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, I'll buy it paperback no matter what, just to own every SW novel, but it's certainly not worth hardback prices for that few pages. I only got Kenobi in hardback because of the many exceptional reviews.

14. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    People who buy something just to collect it aren't helping matters. I probably would have ended up wanting to own every Star Wars novel if the Forgotten Wars novels hadn't demonstrated that all of the novels aren't Star Wars..

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    There are better things to spend your money on you know than Star Wars: The Ruins of Dantooine!

16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Nothing wrong with owning every Star Wars book. I reread them anyways (most of them), so it's money well-spent.

I actually like Ruins of Dantooine. *dodges thrown items*

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey, it's better than Jedi Trial.

18. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    *Rubs feet together in embarrassment*

I like Jedi Trial too.

19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm sure they have medication for that.

20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    To be fair, I read it first as a kid. Then because I liked it, I read it again as I got older and I just...still like it. That's all.

21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That cover is truly terrible. It seriously looks like something a high schooler made in IT or something.

What's the bet Rogue Squadron will be Luke, Wedge and several others, whose names are never mentioned?

/cynical

22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    If the author were Allston or Stover, I'd disagree. With these authors though...I don't know. You're probably right. [face_dunno]

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    To be fair, that's exactly what happened in the Thrawn trilogy. (though minus Luke of course)

24. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    True. And the Hand of Thrawn duology. Except Zahn added Corran Horn in for good measure.

25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Also, this is the Han novel--I wouldn't expect even Luke to have that big of a role.

Revanfan1 likes this.