main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul in Star Wars Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, May 22, 2013.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    So how'd y'all react if they just extended The Lawless by about 10 seconds and had Sidious kill Maul?

2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Since the show was canceled, I wouldn't mind. I'm thinking Disney may want to use him in an Obi-Wan spinoff though.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm all for an extended cut of Lawless. If Sidious kills Maul in that I'd be cool with it. But that hasn't happened on screen. I can fanon Maul a write out all day but that won't keep me from worrying he'll show up in the ST. I need to see that write out on screen to fix that.

Mzukiller likes this.
  4. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

[face_thinking]

07jonesj likes this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It was all so clear cut... and then...

Mzukiller and SithStarSlayer like this.
  6. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    But what is to stop them from reviving him again? Well, other than the fact that Lucas no longer owns Star Wars...

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

I guess they could always put his memories in a Robot body but I said burn him to nothing. I'm not talking like Anakn. I mean ash blowing away in the wind.

cwustudent and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    The way I see it, since they already went through all the trouble of making it clear that Sidious spared Maul, even going so far as to change his lines at the ending with Tim Curry's line, I really think they should resolve Maul's fate elsewhere. It's clear from this interview with Sam Witwer half a year ago that they intended to do some very interesting things with Maul's character, had the show gone on.

I found this quote interesting:
    So unless Witwer meant Maul was gonna be offed quickly by Sidious, which I highly doubt, I suspect they had some very interesting "plans" for him (more interesting than making him into the next Darth Venamis, IMO). If they can't or won't resolve his fate in Rebels, I would like them to do so in a novel or comic that shows him (preferably) being taken out sometime before the end of the Clone Wars. Perhaps an adaptation of the proposed future stories for Maul in TCW?

They won't revive him if his existence is considered "perfectly meaningless" to Disney. ;)

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  9. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    In the novel Palpatine said his existence is now completely meaningless, the episode changed it.

10. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I think they need to solve this asap, not delay it to post RotS since Maul was completely not mentioned, even the novel of RotS pointed out Maul died on Naboo.

Maul was handled well in TCW, but his revival was still a bad plot, especially to the overall storyline of SW.

11. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Well then, the solution is simple, isn't it? Have Maul die by Obi-Wan's hand on Naboo...again. ;) And sometime before the start of RotS. Problem solved!

cwustudent, Mia Mesharad and eht13 like this.
  12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Well apparently Ray Park is dead keen to reprise the role, so we may well see him again. If not in the ST then in the spinoff movies.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

I remember a Maul vs Obi-wan movie was one of the early spin off movie rumors when all those movie rumors for everyone and their mom was coming out. That was even one of the theories for TCW's cancellation. That a bunch of characters TCW was handling were going be getting TV movies.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    It'd be quite awkward since right before killing Darth Maul, Darth Sidious will have said "I'm not going to kill you. I have ... other ... uses for you."

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  15. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Man, rumors rumors rumors... I've gotten to the point now with rumors that as far as I'm concerned, unless or until something comes ex-cathedra from the mouth of one of the Disney/LFL crew on the inside, it's BS. There have been too many garbage rumors spread about, about TV shows, spinoff movies, the ST trilogy and about video games, and I have gotten to where I don't put any stock in rumors at all.

Maybe that was just Sidious being a douche bag?

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    [face_rofl] I give that response two thumbs way up.

18. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    They could cut just the line out. [face_dunno]

Mzukiller likes this.
  19. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Well if one thinks about it Sidious was pretty much the biggest troll in the Galaxy.

So maybe he was just trolling Maul:
    Sidious: Okay, so now that I'm done frying you with lightning I'm gonna kill you.
    Maul: What?! But-but you said you had other uses for me!
    Sidious: Eh I lied. Oh and I'm simply not done frying you with lightning. Yeah I lied about that too.
    *zaps Maul with more lightning*
    Maul: Arrrrrggghhhhhh!!!! And to think that Disney promised me my own spin-off!

20. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    [face_laugh]

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I was making a joke. [face_clown]

22. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    No, his appearance in TCW was already really stupid. We get it Lucasfilms, you really dropped the ball with Maul. But that does not mean that it's okay to shoehorn him into almost everything else.

You know what I realized? For a long time, I just kept making excuses for why I didn't like Maul's being in TCW. Like "Oh he's a different guy" or "The logic doesn't make a lick of sense." And it came to me last night while I was lying awake in bed, and dreaming of a certain Cyborg that I just don't like Maul. And since I don't like him, I can't say that I'd be thrilled to have him keep coming back like some 80s cartoon villain.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  23. obiw-Andyz

obiw-Andyz Jedi Knight

Dec 26, 2012
    I think they should absolutely put Maul into Rebels, I loved the storyline and thought it was very intelligently executed. Sam Witwer did a phenomenal job with the character. I also think it's pretty much irrelevant that Maul wasn't mentioned in ROTS, sidious keeps lots of things close to his chest, Maul is no different. Does the fact that we don't see Darth Plagueis in TPM, make the novel stupid or irrelevant? Of course not! Sidious's 'other uses' for maul could quite easily work themselves into whatever the rebels storyline might potentially be.

24. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Sidious's 'other uses'...

1. Maybe Maul gets put into carbonite as a 'spare' apprentice should Vader be killed off. It would be easier keeping this guy around over trying to train a new one from scratch, and since he's locked in carbonite he can't go around making mischief. Palpatine keeps this from Vader of course, so when Palps dies, Maul is still in carbonite and remains so until some unlucky shmoe 'decanters' him by accident.

2. On as a another variation of the 'spare in carbonite,' Maul is kept 'on ice' as an extra fail-safe for a time in the future should something go very wrong and the Jedi cause Bane's line to die out. It would be logical for this instance, as it allows Sidious to easily keep tabs on him and shows that he is that pragmatic, since keeping a Sithly plan 'B' that the Jedi don't know about is one of the ways that Sith continue to survive. And it's not like Maul has no idea how to build an army or how to hide in the shadows, and he has the added bonus of knowing how to use his anger to keep himself unnaturally alive.

Thus for those that want it, this allows Maul to remain accounted for by Sidious, but yet allows him to possibly skip the events of Rebels for decades or even centuries. And it gives a chance for him to be used later as a proper big bad when people are no longer sick of him, rather then killing him off now just to be rid of him.

25. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Sorry for the xtra post [face_blush]