main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY I Know This Is Off Topic...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 14, 2013.

1. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004

Its under the "What" tab at the top and under seminar schedule

2. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    you can ask them the first round. then defend yourself in the jeopardy rounds

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Well, that's when he's doing his QandA panel but I hope he's there all weekend. Even though I can't see his talk I'd still like to meet him at his table and get a couple of autographs.

4. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    thanks for the pics mika... yep that's what i was talking about :)

5. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004

6. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    soooooo is anyone going to the scarefest on Friday the 13th of september?? Id be glad to pitch in on gas or whatever :)

7. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    plus this is my first ever con... i really don't wanna go alone [face_nail_biting][face_praying]

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Huh, that IS Friday the 13th...I didn't notice. That's appropriate for a horror con. Hope you find someone to go with, cons are more fun with a partner, but if not I hope that won't stop you from going and enjoying yourself.

9. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    where is this one at?

10. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    lexington

11. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    You might get a taker or find someone that is going as the time gets closer, but I agree with Mika, even if your stag you can always meet and talk to people and make new friends or even run into someone form the boards.

12. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Absolutely: ditto what Appo and Mika said.
    I've gone stag to most of the cons I've gone to, including my first con. Celebration 2, Wonderfestses, even San Diego Comic Con, all by my lonesome. In someways it is better-- as you can go and do whatever it is you want to do.

Some of my favorite memories of C5, and C6 were of hanging out with the gang--- but frankly I wish I would have gone stag to C3. I got two single day tickets for me and my BFF since first grade who happened to be going to grad school a few counties over. I got these things MONTHS in advance. Well, I drive down to pick him up early early, and bless him he has invited two of his classmate to come along. Well, they don't have tickets, and just think they can simply buy them at the gate! Also, they just kinda dilly dally around--- getting dressed--- when we needed to go to Indy (it took be 5 seconds to dress, star wars shirt, shorts, done) stat! Saturday at C3 was the surprise first appearance of GL in public--- the place was packed, and we are in line for hours to get tickets to get in. The line never moved, so I just said-- on your own fellahs, and I went on in with my BFF, so I could at least catch the EU panel and the model making panel. We caught the EU panel (awesome fan feedback!), but not the model making one (due to the worst staffing people ever), so we went out to catch up on the guys in line. They were still in line, and I felt kinda bad for being grumpy at them so we swapped badges so they could go in and look around while me and my BFF got some grub at a nearby mall. Two hours latter, they come back and we swap back, and I have just enough time to look around the con floor. My Star Wars day turned into my star wars 4 hours.

Nothing wrong with going stag.

13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Off Topic:

While these boards are not for folks trying to sell stuff (at least, that is my understanding)-- it is just us, and we are all good people.

So, I got a cheep model kit, thinking it would be in scale with the X-wing game. It is of the Imperial Shuttle. All and all, a good kit-- just too big for my needs. I paid 25 for it, anyone want it for 20? OR, does anyone want to buy it for 20 then have me paint it for them? PM me if so. Or, PM me if not. I get lonely sometimes.

Also: Twisty-- stay healthy man!

14. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    If I had a car, I would definitely go to this. Unfortunately, I do not....lol!

Working on staying healthy me nerf herder. PT is wearing me out, but hopefully I only have 1 or 2 visits left.

15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    PT is good stuff--- think of it as Jedi training in Dagobah.

16. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    It may be good stuff, but it isn't fun.

17. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    It's all in the mind,[face_tired] feel the pain at the beginning :_| so you can feel the pleasure at the end[face_dancing] (no pun intended)...

18. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    Too bad my PT therapist looks more like Lobot than he does Yoda!

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Copied from the rebelscum forums (9/3/13)...

Sad news from Han Solo Trilogy author Ann Crispin, who's been battling cancer for more than a year. Today, she posted on her Facebook page:

“I've been hesitant to make this post, but it's time I want to thank you all for your good wishes and prayers. I fear my condition is deteriorating. I am doing the best I can to be positive but I probably don't have an awful lot of time left. I want you all to know that I am receiving excellent care and am surrounded by family and friends.

“I wish all aspiring writers the will to finish and a good contract. Please continue to monitor Writer Beware and be careful who you sign with. Victoria Strauss and Richard White are there to help.

“I've asked Michael to collect and read me your messages. As I don't know how things will proceed, I don't know if I'll have the strength to post on Facebook again.”

>This type of thing is always sad. She was a guest at ConGlomeration in 2008 and she even came to my room party (pirate themed). I was one of the only Star Wars fans there as most of the other people attending her panels were there for her Star Trek work. I think I was the only person that weekend that asked to get her Han Solo books autographed. She was a great and gracious guest and I had always hoped ConGlom would ask her back.

20. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    read that the other day. it always saddens me to see another fall. I await the day no one else needs fight.

21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Update from Peter Mayhew's Kickstarter...
    "Just got word from the hospital. Results have come back from pre-op testing and we are cleared for surgery this upcoming week."

Just in case you haven't looked at his Kickstarter it's for a film documenting the upcoming surgery and recovery. There are some really neat rewards for backers including Xrays of Peter's knees...now that's what I call a unique collectable. Even if you don't back the project the attached video describing Peter's past and current battles with his knees is pretty interesting.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lenswithaview/standing-in-the-stars-the-peter-mayhew-story

22. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Sigh, clear skies Ann.

For those of you planning on going to Scarefest (especially those going Friday)...

"Slight change of schedule for Sam Witwer. Due to the filming schedule for Being Human, he will be in attendance on Saturday and Sunday only. He's leaving directly from set on Friday evening to fly in. His signing will begin at 2P on Saturday. He will sign on Sunday until he leaves for the airport, early that afternoon. We're very grateful to Sam for working it out so he can still join the fun in Lexington, even if only for Saturday and Sunday."

24. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Clear skies my fellow warrior.

25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Peter's knee surgery went well. Now the recovery begins.

[​IMG]

VoxDeamonicus likes this.