main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub New Jedi Order / Legacy of the Force Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 3, 2007.

1. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    Sorry guys, Darth Real life hit me up.

I do not speak to the voices, the voices speak through me. :p

and I'm willing throw on the dress uniform anytime, just let me know.

2. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    The voices in my head may not be real... but they got some great ideas!

3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I don't know if I'm a member of a unit.

I do build fighters and fly them though. And I'm sure I have something I could throw on :p

4. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Me too. No worries.

I'm up to NJO: Star by Star. Preparing myself for the tragedy... :'(

5. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Brace yourself, zarks. Here: [:D] [:D] [:D] Have some pre-prepared hugs. Let me know if you need more.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  6. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    So much potential........

zarkinfrood likes this.
  7. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003
    I hated what they did to the Solo family in the NJO. Killing off Chewie, killing Anakin, setting up Jacen for his fall. I really hated the way they set up the Anakin and Tahiri love plotline and then just say frak it and kill him off.

CrazyOldHermit likes this.
  8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    That's actually not true, Denning did that retroactively because he didn't agree with or understand Traitor.

9. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003
    Sorry I know when they wrote it it wasnt meant to be him going to the dark side, but viewing it in hindsight, I cant help but seeing it as the start of the end. But you're right, I shouldnt blame the NJO for the fall.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Personally, while I understand Traitor, I don't agree with it. But that's just me. :p

Need to reread the NJO myself, but finding the books is a paaaiiinnnn.

11. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007

I still have trouble with the way things turned out myself.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  12. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I didn't really understand Traitor when I read it years ago, I only just started really understanding what was happening in it thanks to the quotes from it that people have been posting in Lit, but I sure can't stand what Denning did to it, not when its blatantly obvious that the purpose of Traitor was to give Jacen an unconventional teacher to set him on the path to completing his hero's journey. So any talk of Vergere being a Sith or even grooming Jacen for Sith apprenticeship are things I simply can't take seriously.

13. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    I don't buy it either. I always thought she was giving him the tools needed to survive his time with the Yuuzhan Vong and eventually help defeat them. I still do.

14. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Since the source of Vergere being a Sith came from the mouth of a Sith... can take that with a pinch of salt... I mean, they aren't entirely truthful about such things and probably just a ploy to bring Jacen around.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That said, later sources have also referenced it- The Essential Guide to Warfare, for example, states outright that Vergere trained Krayt in the Dark Side (though I'm guessing this was just the icing on the cake, with the Sith spirit XoXaan providing much of it.

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ah shoot... I forgot about that and I even finished reading the Essential Guide to Warfare a few months ago.

17. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Sadly, all I see with that kind of thing is the perpetuation of terrible, terrible decisions that I will not tolerate, which is why I can't take TERC seriously and don't want to purchase it, even though I could probably get some enjoyment out of it, because it also covers the rest of the EU that isn't a mess. I am actually a little torn over the idea of getting TEA and TEGtW, because I feel like I would be supporting those terrible, terrible decisions they were forced to deal with.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I haven't seen TERC yet but TEGtW is definitely a great read and TEA is quite good from what I have read so far (still need to go back and continue reading that after I finish what I'm reading now). The parts you might be concerned about regarding the NJO, LotF, etc was only a very small section of TEGtW and you could always skim past them.

19. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    *poke poke*

20. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    Hello Adam. :D

Okay, I've got to ask. When did she supposedly do this training of Krayt? Wasn't she gone for decades with the Yuuzhan Vong from shortly before the events in Rogue Planet until they came for their full scale invasion in Vector Prime? Did she receive training from a Sith, and when did that take place? Or did she have to embrace the dark side to survive her time with the Yuuzhan Vong? Apparently I've missed some rather important things somewhere along the way.

21. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    I'm kind of surprised Cam didn't tackle me... or Addie for that matter. ;)

Wait here it comes...

22. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003
    IIRC It was before her time with the vong, but i could be wrong.

23. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    Haven't seen her in a few weeks.

Could be. But who trained her? Mace is the one who sent her to the Zonama Sekot and then she disappeared.

24. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003
    Just read the wook article on her and it said she trained under sidious but turn on him when she learned his full plans. She failed obviously, and that is why she accepted the mission to zomna (sp) sekot to escape. When she came back is when she met darth krayt.

25. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    tackles adam..