main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Blue Moon Cantina ~Moon over Parma~

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I may lose the plot and start banning anyone who suggested this in the first place therefore giving those silent casting directors who may or may not be lurking, ideas. [face_devil]

2. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I mean, I think that the star trek movies are truly awesome. But die-hards are discontented.

And then I realize, that could be me.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

[​IMG]

4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Now that I'm up and the laptop/wifi are working still...

I've looked up motherboard prices myself. They do not cost more than a new laptop, unless you are going for really expensive/high-end ones. The most expenses come from hiring an expert to take the thing apart and fix it. Believe me, I'm putting work into this.

And that's still assuming it is the motherboard, which we can't be sure of.

5. CalaelAzasar

CalaelAzasar Host of Quick-Games star 5 VIP - Game Host

Mar 11, 2003

That was an awesome movie!!! It needs to come to my house permanently, I've just been busy with other things and haven't gone to get it yet. Me and friends saw it in theater!

zarkinfrood likes this.
  6. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I unfortunately missed the opportunity to see it in theatre. But was happy to see it now!

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hope you sort it out Skywalker.

I'm off to slumber. Night all.

8. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah...to put it in perspective:

My computer cost $600 dollars.

A new motherboard ranges from $100-300 that I've seen. At most it's half the price of the laptop. The rest comes entirely from labor. Since we have a friend who will fix it for free (and heck, may not even charge us for the motherboard itself) you can see why I'm leery of replacing my laptop.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    G'nite Addie.

[​IMG]

10. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm not sure the picture does this much justice, but check out the size of the stump of the tree that used to be in our neighbor's yard: [​IMG]

Says a lot that they had to come back the 2nd day to remove the stump.

11. CalaelAzasar

CalaelAzasar Host of Quick-Games star 5 VIP - Game Host

Mar 11, 2003

While it was awesome to see it in the theater, I would not watch it in IMAX 3D again, it wasn't worth it. 3D would have been fine.

12. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Ummm. Wow. That is the largest "stump" I've ever seen. What's that? About 8 feet tall?

13. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Check out what Falcon posted earlier in the Rocketjock Eatery about Civ V and Graphics Cards - think that's the one you've been playing quite a lot recently.

14. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    I practically rebuilt my whole computer :p First got it custom made during my senior year of high school so it was around six years old by the time I decided to completely upgrade it with a host of new parts. An Intel i5 3.4 GHz (3.8 GHz Turo Boost) Quad-Core Processer, a GeForce GTX 660ti 2GB graphics card, and a brand new ASUS motherboard. The motherboard was the least expensive but all those together cost about $700 (the 8GB RAM came free during a newegg holiday deal) to upgrade my desktop so that it won't need another upgrade for another 5+ years if not more.

I had a couple strokes of luck here and there though. Such as my brother being filmed for an episode of a reality TV Show and getting $30,000 and willing to buy a gift for everyone while my best friend was able to take apart my computer and install all my upgrades in exchange for a copy of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance :cool:

BultarSwan likes this.
  15. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    maybe it`s a software issue

make sure you don`t accidentally mix up prices between motherboards for desktops and laptops, because desktop motherboards are a lot cheaper then motherboards for laptops....

so what was the problem with the laptop again?

you`re not playing that game are you sky guy? Because you`ll do your computer in. Your comp most likely overheated if that`s the case...

16. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I made it! :D I did NOT fall asleep at work. [face_relieved]

Runjedirun likes this.
  17. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Hi Swannie! [:D] That's good!

I play Civ V, but I haven't had a problem. I think it might just be specific systems. Or maybe the fact I never play it more than 2 hours and have a nice ventilation set-up.

Random Comments likes this.
  18. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Totally. I had a plan. Eat food, drink water, rock back and forth move a lot. :p [:D]

Now it's time to get back to work... [:D]

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Pffft...work! Got myself two nights off! Which means....*slams down a bottle of Dew and picks up Xbox Controller* :cool:

20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I played it. I haven't touched Civ in...over a month now. EU3 is what I've been playing, and its probably the least 'stressful' game for my computer outside of Empire at War (that I currently have installed).

And I'm not mixing up prices, like I said, I'm putting a lot of work into this. As for what was wrong...it just wouldn't boot up completely. Now that it is working, I hope that the problem was an isolated thing, though its still getting looked at when I go home.

21. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Awesome! :D

I don't work. So that's my day every day lol. Sit at home and whittle my day away at a computer. I do wish I had a job.

Random Comments likes this.
  22. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I am enjoying not working :) And I am not so worried about going back now that I know my department is changing while I'm out. We needed changes!

23. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    People only wish for a job when they don't need it :p

24. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012

That's not true. :p

Random Comments and Jedi Gunny like this.
  25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Pffffffffffffffffft!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.