main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Todd wins, meaning this is the first trilogy (I think?) with three different winners.

*****SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*****

As I mentioned during my turn in the interview chair, now that this thread has just about reached its one-year anniversary (this Wednesday, in fact), I have chosen to end the reign of tyranny I began here 114 pages ago. Your new tyrannical ruler, my first and only choice upon whom to bestow the nuisance great honor that is operating this thread, is the one known to mortals as instantdeath. So if OSOL ****s the bed under his leadership, you can blame his user name for being a bad omen or something.

As for me, I am already well under way at converting all the winning entries thus far into what will be a huge three-part feature piece over at that other site I do--you know the one. Volume One should be up next Friday (the 20th), and the other two will run bi-weekly from there.

But first! Nicely bringing us right up to the anniversary (unless I forget again), I have two more rounds to run as my Grand Finale for year one of One Sentence or Less. Let's begin, shall we?

[​IMG]

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    With the introduction of Ponc Gavrisom, the New Republic finally has a level-headed, logical, good-natured politician that isn't Leia, Mon Mothma, or Ackbar...and he is subsequently forgotten and never used again.

3. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I really liked Ponc Gavrisom.

Puffers was a wise old bird.

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  4. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Many Bothans died to destroy this information.

5. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm still confused about whether Bothans have snouts or not.

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Luke Skywalker is haunted by the Force Ghosts of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan and Yoda and learns the True Meaning of Life-Day.*

*(didn't actually read the book)

7. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Zahn has Luke think about how stupid he was back in Dark Empire and the Jedi Academy trilogy, and resolve to act differently in a flash of insight absent any outside stimulus for character development.

HWK-290, Revanfan1 and CooperTFN like this.
  8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    All of the things that will happen in Vision of the Future are set up, and . . . no, wait, that's pretty much it.

9. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Zahn rewrites Star Wars so it fits his vision.

RC-1991 and fett 4 like this.
  10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yay, the Galactic Civil War is basically over, now everyone can go back to fighting each other.

11. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Mara has a clone, characters act stupid and Zahn criticises Lukes over use of powers by other authors before having him survive deep space o_O

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The SuperSmurf returns!

RC-1991 and fett 4 like this.
  13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    This still bugs me to this day. :(

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It isn't just you, I put up an article on 1138 on just this.

15. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Zeta1127 likes this.
  16. Big Fat'Lya

Big Fat'Lya Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2013
    A recovered document points out that the Bothans are jerks, leading to hysterical refrains of "it's true! It's true!" and "no! this cannot be!" until the New Republic begins to collapse under the strain; a trio of bored Imperials start a rumour about Thrawn's Comeback Tour to cheer everyone up, and then desperately scramble to make good on it when excitement proves greater than anticipated.

17. Solent

Solent Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2001
    A pirate base anti-Jedi trap that uses bars instead of spikes, and extra points to Luke for feeling the trap and walking into it anyway.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It mentions things like a rip in your suit, no where does it say somone can jump from an asteroid base to a space ship in normal clothes, besides I doubt Zahn read that article when had written this book

19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    And because of it people begin to wet themselves in fear

20. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Zahn has a Degree in Physics, I think he knows ;)

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Some old Imperial dude decides to trick everyone into thinking Thrawn is back by hiring an actor to pose as him, and it works; that's right, the galaxy is fooled by a cheap con artist wearing red contacts and blue-face.

22. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Papatine and JKun laugh at Luke. Luke changes how he uses the force.

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Theorizing that one could change continuity within his own lifetime, Timothy Zahn stepped into the Continuity Leap accelerator and vanished. He woke to find himself trapped in the past, rewriting events that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change Star Wars history for the better.

His only guide on this journey is Jorj Car'das, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Zahn can see and hear. And so Zahn finds himself leaping from retcon to retcon, striving to put right what other writers once put wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap...

will be the leap home.

24. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Thrawns back, is Thrawn back, wh would want Thrawn back, why would we pretend Thrawn's back, are thye pretending Thrawn's back, CAAMAS CRISIS OH NO NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!

25. The Compeer

The Compeer Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2013
    Okay, this is a violation of the One Sentence or Less thing.

Gamiel and CooperTFN like this.