main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't even think about spoilers at Celebration.. :oops:I guess I'll be canceling my trip now. [face_sigh]

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There are several TF.Ners that I really want to meet or see again and I was planning to fight my crowd-anxiety and go for that reason. Now I've got to worry about spoilers and crowd-anxiety.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, a convention seems like a bad place to be for someone who is trying to avoid spoilers. :p

SkywalkerSquadron likes this.
  4. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I want to be surprised when I see the film, when I went to see Skyfall I don't think I saw anything about it, except that it was coming out and maybe the very beginning, cause I think I was upset with knowing that already. But since I knew nothing, it was like being on a ride and I loved that feeling

But let's face it, Skyfall isn't Star Wars and I'm not sure how spoiler free I can stay. I'm debating on trailers, I know the temptation will be huge but some trailers show what happens after something big happens and you can't help but think, wait I remember seeing this person in another shot so there is no way they are leaving/dying etc.

Since I'm going to Celebration 2015 I guess I will do trailer only till then, no on set pics etc until I get there and then whatever I see, well I just will. Hopefully the film will come out not long after so I don't have as much time to dissect everything I saw. Definitely no books, reviews etc prior to the movie though. I may even ignore casting news of any kind till the trailers and then I'll see who they pick when I watch that

5. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Exactly what I did. And I plan to stick to that again!! But I must say, I'm getting bored.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Knowing me, I'll be spoiling myself like crazy

7. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I will watch the trailers but hopefully that's it.

8. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Well, luckily, they are just as bored over in the spoilers allowed forum - so you're not missing anything. ;)

The Bops likes this.
  9. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    We'll be at the Celebration. Oh well.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

10. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    If it were me...I'd go anyway, and wear a button..or a sandwich board sign that says "SPOILER FREE FOR EPISODE VII."

But that's just me.

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think some people would have a hard time resisting the urge to start yelling spoilers in that case. :p

12. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm not even sure I'd recognize a spoiler if I heard one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

13. AdmiralSteven

AdmiralSteven Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    I generally don't have a problem reading spoilers because I'm pretty good about avoiding them. My problem comes from a co-worker who insists on telling me everything he reads. I have to continuously remind him to keep quiet.

Padme501st likes this.
  14. Bravesteel

Bravesteel Jedi Knight

Jul 31, 2013
    I've been thinking about this for a while now. I think I'm going to be pretty passive about this. I wasn't old enough to be super hyped about the PT, so this will hopefully be easy for me to do. I'm not going to go out of my way to read spoilers and such, but if I come across it then I won't be upset or anything.

15. Sur-Gon Jinn

Sur-Gon Jinn Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2013
    Honestly I dunno. I will actively do my best to avoid blatant story spoilers. But I'm not going to worry about "so and so" being cast as "such and such" and the like. But full on plot/story details I will do my best to avoid.

Carbon1985 likes this.
  16. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Being spoiler-free is going to be hard, but at some point I'll have to stop even coming to this "no spoilers" forum. Information comes from so many sources now, and I'm sure when details come about, they'll pop up in tweets and Facebook pages of news channels; it's not like it was ten years ago when only the most broadly-appealing information was put out there in the mainstream (Chewbacca returning for Revenge of the Sith). The most perfect way would be to jump ahead to 2015 and go into the movie without even knowing the casting or setting.

Carbon1985 likes this.
  17. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Because of the rise of social network and the internet since the PT, I almost have to divorce myself from SW altogether to avoid spoilers. I think back to Episode I & II and how I was able to go unspoiled (simply because I did not know of many SW sites on the internet) and it was a much better experience then when I spoiled myself silly for Episode III.

I think once Kennedy/Abrams give a firm date for the release of Episode 7, and when they announce Ford, Fisher and Hamill are definetly in, then I think I will go SW-cold turkey until Episode 7 release because those are the 2 things I really care about at this point. I will just watch 1-6 on BluRay for my SW fix, because I know I will enjoy the movie so much more if I can go spoiler-free.

Can the mods just ban me here if I ask at some point, so I can avoid spoilers because I have no willpower? :p

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Facebook wasn't around during the PT and I've already had to hide a few feeds; I'll definitely be careful what I subscribe to.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before Facebook.

20. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, this will definitely be a problem, especially with the clods that spoil season finales of TV shows (I'm on the west coast, I have friends on the east coast) and I might have to delete people. Most of my friends know I love Star Wars, but don't know about my aversion to spoilers...especially in regards to Episode VII.

21. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003

[face_laugh] Seriously though, the danger of getting spoiled is significantly higher than it was before. Not just facebook, twitter can mess things up too. :(

Carbon1985 likes this.
  22. Darth Kermit

Darth Kermit Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2013
    Honestly, I intend to go completely spoiler free. I fully intend to see the movie, so no reason for me to see the trailers etc to see if I want to or not.

If that's how it turns out to be remains to be seen though. Judging by the spoiler rules here I may need to avoid this forum when production gets into full speed.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You could always favorite the 7NSA forum and just 'start' here when you log in.

24. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Curse this Internet and this global instant communication! I figured it would be easier to be spoiler-free but with all the sites I visit...I may just have to never upon my Internet browser eventually. Outside the trailers I must know nothing! No TV commercials either!

Carbon1985 likes this.
  25. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I'm staying spoiler-free. I want to be completely surprised; I always regret it when I do look at spoilers.