main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Gratuitous Han Solo Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Echo-07, Aug 9, 2013.

?

To Corellia or not to Corellia???

1. YES -- Let's go . . . Finally!

23 vote(s)
    82.1%
  2. NO -- Save it for the Han spinoff

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Seconded on the Underworld of Coruscant.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think if Han is from Corellia, it should be saved until his own movie.

3. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Can I pick both options? lol I'd love to see Corellia, whether it's in the ST or a spin off, I'm not picky

But if the new "hero/heroine" is part of the Solo tribe, definitely would love to see them have to go there in ST

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Corellia in both movies. However, my point is that I hope that they don't "save" Corellia for the alleged spinoff. Being a biased Han Fan my hope is that Han's backstory gets fleshed-out a little more and woven into the Skywalker Saga since they're all related now and everything. :p

I expect that most of the important Solo backstory -- IE the stuff of the Han Solo trilogy -- will be left for the spinoff.

Padme501st likes this.
  5. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I have both high hopes for the rumored Han Solo spin-off movie - and one big serious misgiving. I assume it'll focus on Han in his pre-rebellion days, and I just can't really imagine the actor they'll find to try and fill those shoes. I think it'll be the greatest challenge of making that movie - one that could easily be done wrong and really screw it up.

I'd love to see Corellia in any film. And if they get the casting right, I'd most love to see the Chewie and Han life-debt backstory - something that's only been alluded to in the EU, but never depicted on-page.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nathan Fillion.

Sarge and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  7. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Hmm.....I dunno. His character in "Firefly" was so much like Han as it was (I used to call him "the poor man's Han Solo"), so it might be weird.....but honestly, I have no better ideas. Getting someone to fill Harrison Ford's shoes seems like a tall order. I mean, I know I'm biased here, but still.......

HanSolo29 likes this.
  8. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I like him, but I think he's too old to play Han - at least if it's pre-ANH.

But yeah, I have no other ideas. Please don't let it be Ryan Gosling.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    ^ Exactly. If the spin-off was to cover Han's adventures before ANH, then yeah, Fillion is definitely too old.

But blah...I'm really torn over a spin-off centered around Han in the first place. Like Yanksfan, I absolutely love Harrison Ford and I cannot see anyone else in the role. That's going to be a major obstacle for me to overcome if this ever gets made.

10. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Yeah, exactly. I just can't imagine another person playing Han. I just can't. I almost wish that if they really are going through with this, then they'd make it animated. That way Harrison could always voice the character. And even if he didn't, it wouldn't be as offensive to me.

*sigh* It's times like these that I wish Doc Brown would build us a time machine. Then we could go back to the "American Graffiti" era, grab Harrison off the set, and tell him "All right, come with us. We'll explain on the way......" Bam. A perfectly cast pre-ANH Han at our service. ;)

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    For me, Corellia is right at the top of unseen worlds, right up there with Korriban. Coronet City would be a fabulous addition to the list of locales featured in the films. As far as how Corellia plays into Han Solo's story? I think that would likely best be left to a Solo spin-off, with any appearance from the system in the ST serving some other purpose. Something only Corellia could provide (someone mentioned seeing the world's famous shipyards?).

I'm also greatly interested in seeing how Coruscant has fared after decades of Imperial rule, followed by the 30 years following the events at Endor.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If they do a Han Solo spin-off I just hope they get an actor who can perfectly embody the character and make him his own the way Ewan McGregor did with Obi-Wan. Before I saw EPI I thought it would be impossible for me to accept anyone other than Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan but McGregor did such a fantastic job that it really is a seamless transition between trilogies for me. If they can do that then I'd be perfectly willing to sit through a young Han adventure. :D

13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    No doubt the casting is the most scary aspect of this proposal. I think, being a die-hard Han fan, I have to make peace with the idea that it will be done. The only thing is I don't want Disney to resort to somebody like [face_sick] JG Levitt or, God forbid, Casey Affleck, as I've read rumored thus far. definitely prefer an unknown or little known actor.

Otherwise, there's a ton of great stuff that could be covered in a Solo movie, maybe even a trilogy. [face_mischief]

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Does anyone have a recent pic of the actor from the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles? I thought he was a little rough at first, but toward the end of the series, he was doing a decent Harrison Ford impression.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I've been saying it since we first heard there could be a Solo spin-off but Garrett Hedlund is the only actor I can think of who would make a great young Solo. He has the look down I think and he's a darn good actor. I would love a Solo trilogy that starts with him on Corellia and leads up to that fateful meeting in the cantina.

16. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I've seen his pic before in regards to him playing Solo, but what is he from? I've never heard nor seen him before. Until I do I wouldn't say either way yet. I do know that I'd already prefer him over Casey Affleck or JG Levitt.

17. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    He's probably best known for playing Sam Flynn in Tron: Legacy but I'd say his best films are Friday Nights Lights and Country Strong. He also played Patroclus in Troy.

19. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Wow! I saw Tron and Troy and don't recall seeing him. I guess I just wasn't looking for him.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    I want to see Corellia, but I don't think it has to be the EU's Corellia. It's funny how some things never said on the movies are just considered fact by even mainstream audiences.

21. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Corellia is a world we simply must see. Kessel would be good to see as well.

22. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    With the latest rumor that they're already starting to cast for Han Solo I'm getting nervous. At the same time doing so this far out is very wise. They want to make sure they get it absolutely right. The real question is -- how far back are they going age-wise???

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  24. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    I think he's talking about casting for the spinoff Han Solo movie.

At least I hope so......

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, the latest rumors are that they're already searching for a young Han.